KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Most promising upcoming band?

Most promising upcoming band?
Started by: Alpha Centauri

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Most promising upcoming band?

Post YOUR view on the most promising bands in music, coming up.

Rules: They have to be on their debut or at a stretch, second album.

Try to keep it to SOME decent level. No Evanescence's or shit like that.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post May 4th, 2005 06:34 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Df02

yourcodenameis:milo

album is either coming out soon or been out recently...i'm not sure, but i'm checking and if i can buying it this weekend. i have the ep on cd and vinyl smile

http://www.yourcodenameismilo.com/home/

Enter Shikari...

theyre from st albans i think, very close to where i live and i've seen them quite a few times now...awesome, emo with dance music samples haha.

http://www.entershikari.com/

TotalFormat Forums
tomorrow is so far and I no longer want to find a replacement for all these pictures that are lost in my mind

Last edited by Df02 on May 4th, 2005 at 07:46 PM

Old Post May 4th, 2005 07:36 PM
Df02 is currently offline Click here to Send Df02 a Private Message Find more posts by Df02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah, Milo are quite good. I like em.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post May 4th, 2005 08:48 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Df02

the only thing that annoys me is how poorly its produced... Seventeen is such a great song but you strain listening to it because the sound is all out

TotalFormat Forums
tomorrow is so far and I no longer want to find a replacement for all these pictures that are lost in my mind

Old Post May 4th, 2005 08:50 PM
Df02 is currently offline Click here to Send Df02 a Private Message Find more posts by Df02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

I thought Rapt Dept was the highlight of that album. Quite a menacing song.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post May 4th, 2005 08:50 PM
Df02

yea it's good, but also poorly produced imo...

still, my personal favourite is Seventeen, not forgetting All Roads to Fault

TotalFormat Forums

Old Post May 4th, 2005 08:57 PM
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Does Scum of the Earth count? None of the guys individually are new but the band put together is. I don't know if they were just a one time thing either.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post May 5th, 2005 03:08 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

im quite liking some of the stuff "the subways" are putting out at the moment...a bit heavier that the standard fair of "indie" bands...catchy riffs too

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post May 5th, 2005 09:49 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Df02

ergh lol, The Subways....got given their single the other day, not a fan at all messed

TotalFormat Forums

Old Post May 5th, 2005 11:05 AM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

they do seem to be trying to be a poor imitation of the white stripes...but i think there stuff is decent enough...there are alot worse coming through at the moment

Old Post May 6th, 2005 09:47 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Df02

i would say The Departure - having been a fan for ages... but theyre not really a new band, even though their songs are being bastardized on the radio atm

TotalFormat Forums

Old Post May 6th, 2005 10:19 AM
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

I'm still all about All Shall Perish. Their debut album was just released, "Hate. Malice. Revenge", and it's easily one of the best metal releases of 2005.

Old Post May 6th, 2005 01:07 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mr.smiley

not a band but singer.
Esthero.
The record labels where actualy fighting over her.Awesome vocals.Also freezepop!

http://soundcloud.com/pytt-1

Old Post May 6th, 2005 03:12 PM
mr.smiley is currently offline Click here to Send mr.smiley a Private Message Find more posts by mr.smiley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean
Warum ist die Sonne rund?

Valpurgus
Virgil

Old Post May 6th, 2005 03:12 PM
Kelly_Bean is currently offline Click here to Send Kelly_Bean a Private Message Find more posts by Kelly_Bean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TOMASS2

Nine Black Alps are quite good 'shot down' is a good song and 'not everyone' as much as i like them i think the singer is trying is imitate kurt cobain, who can blame him but they are an awsum band.

The Subways are a pretty good band there single 'oh yeah' is awsum me and my band played it at a gig and everyone loved it, they didn know who it was by though. i dont really like there new song rock n roll queen its good but the lyrics are crap, still a awsum band though.

Attachment: red_hot.jpeg
This has been downloaded 56 time(s).

Old Post May 6th, 2005 03:23 PM
TOMASS2 is currently offline Click here to Send TOMASS2 a Private Message Find more posts by TOMASS2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't like The Subways at all.

Colour of Fire, Porcupine Tree, possibly Trivium.

Few others I forget.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post May 6th, 2005 03:28 PM
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jaden101
im quite liking some of the stuff "the subways" are putting out at the moment...a bit heavier that the standard fair of "indie" bands...catchy riffs too

One of the blandest, most non-descript bands ever to walk the face of the Earth. Sat next to them while watching the 5678's soundcheck, thought they were bar staff. Then they got on stage...still thought they were bar staff at that point, until they actually supported at the gig.

Old Post May 6th, 2005 04:32 PM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
One of the blandest, most non-descript bands ever to walk the face of the Earth. Sat next to them while watching the 5678's soundcheck, thought they were bar staff. Then they got on stage...still thought they were bar staff at that point, until they actually supported at the gig.

Hahahahahahaha.

Coz they're shit.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post May 6th, 2005 04:39 PM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

onward the musical snobs eh?

or maybe that should be...something else

each to his own

quote:
5678's

tripe

Last edited by jaden101 on May 6th, 2005 at 06:36 PM

Old Post May 6th, 2005 06:31 PM
Df02

nothing snobby about saying a band is shit...

especially not when it's true

TotalFormat Forums

Old Post May 6th, 2005 07:30 PM