KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Mtv aint MTV No more!

Mtv aint MTV No more!
Started by: DanieLs_4_Ever

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kelly_Bean
Warum ist die Sonne rund?

Mtv aint MTV No more!

You know its true. Where's all the good videos anymore? Throughout the day there is only about 10 minutes of playtine and 23 hrs and 50 minutes of gay shows and crap.
Plus When they DO play music, they cut the videos off at half time.
I easily know this because I watch CMT, BET, VH1. And they actually play some music. Sure they have shows, but they dont have 40 different shows on during the day like 'Next' or 'Road Rules'..I mean I dont mind them but its getting out of hand...
Anyone agree or disagree?

Old Post Jun 9th, 2005 10:44 PM
Kelly_Bean is currently offline Click here to Send Kelly_Bean a Private Message Find more posts by Kelly_Bean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean

CRAP Im an idiot. Move this thread plz

Old Post Jun 9th, 2005 10:47 PM
Kelly_Bean is currently offline Click here to Send Kelly_Bean a Private Message Find more posts by Kelly_Bean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
amity75

I agree. MTV stopped being about music a long time ago. The best music channel (in the UK anyway) is MTV2, it's more or less constant decent music except late at night when it's endless reruns of Jackass.

Post in the Indiana Jones forum.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2005 10:47 PM
amity75 is currently offline Click here to Send amity75 a Private Message Find more posts by amity75 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean

I've only saw a few minutes of MTV2. I dont have satellite but Ive seen it on my Aunt's. I mean Id enjoy some Jackass here and there..that's actually a halfway decent show (or was I should say..) but they dont even play it over here!

Old Post Jun 9th, 2005 10:48 PM
k00L kiD
life is a dream

Re: Mtv aint MTV No more!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Morbid4Daniel
You know its true. Where's all the good videos anymore? Throughout the day there is only about 10 minutes of playtine and 23 hrs and 50 minutes of gay shows and crap.
I easily know this because I watch CMT, BET, VH1. And they actually play some music. Sure they have shows, but they dont have 40 different shows on during the day like 'Next' or 'Road Rules'..I mean I dont mind them but its getting out of hand...

IMO BET and MTV2 are the best. VH1 is okay to.
yes

Old Post Jun 9th, 2005 10:59 PM
k00L kiD is currently offline Click here to Send k00L kiD a Private Message Find more posts by k00L kiD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean

Yeah. I wish I had MTV2. BET is awesome though.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2005 11:00 PM
Peach
mordrem

MTV has sucked for years......

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jun 9th, 2005 11:20 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean

yep. For years.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2005 11:23 PM
Dr. Strangelove
The King Stay The King

The only channel I can stand is Fuse but even they are showing crappy reruns of that "Who wants to be a Fuse dj" show.

As for MTV, I haven't watched that channel for years as I seem to become stupider by the minute when I watch one of their non-music shows which seems to be about 90% of their program.

I've pretty much given up on music channels as I don't see the need when I can just go to Yahoo music or AOL music to see the music video I want to see.

“As flies to wanton boys are we to the gods, they kill us for their sport.”

Old Post Jun 9th, 2005 11:41 PM
Dr. Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mr.smiley

so true

http://soundcloud.com/pytt-1

Old Post Jun 10th, 2005 12:10 AM
mr.smiley is currently offline Click here to Send mr.smiley a Private Message Find more posts by mr.smiley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

Fuse is the Best Music Channel

Rob Owns You, Barbarossa, Tired Hiker, Fearnix, Ronny, Raven Guardia, Wolflet, DEM, spidergrl, Dr. Strangelove, eggmayo, Filth, Korri, JM, Ken Kenobi, ~Sir Mist~, Lana

Old Post Jun 10th, 2005 12:20 AM
SlipknoT is currently offline Click here to Send SlipknoT a Private Message Find more posts by SlipknoT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

in australia we have Channel V which is a pretty good music channel. has shows but they're just things like request shows or shows for particular genre of music shows. plus they have a double decker bus they take bands around the country and have free concerts and giveaway shows. i got to see Drowning Pool before Dave died because of the channel v tours.

Mtv has only come to aus recently because of cable, but even then its just a added feature you have to pay more for, whereas Channel V is part of the standard package

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Jun 10th, 2005 01:15 AM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RedAlertv2

Fuse is the best, as Slipknot said. But even it seems to be going downhill. I have noticed it has started showing less music. But overall, I'd say Fuse keeps it pretty balanced as far as how often it shows what types of music

How Could Hell Be Any Worse?

Old Post Jun 10th, 2005 01:16 AM
RedAlertv2 is currently offline Click here to Send RedAlertv2 a Private Message Find more posts by RedAlertv2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

Re: Mtv aint MTV No more!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Morbid4Daniel

....Yeah, we know.

Though VH1 doesn't play any more music than MTV, the only difference is that their shows are slightly more related to music. CMT and VH1 are also owned by the same company as MTV.

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2005 05:17 AM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

MTV has sucked for ages.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2005 08:39 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eggmayo

I'm lucky I can't afford any shito music channels eh?

Old Post Jun 10th, 2005 09:00 AM
eggmayo is currently offline Click here to Send eggmayo a Private Message Find more posts by eggmayo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cad
Restricted

Account Restricted

yeah i think that MTV is crap now.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2005 09:57 AM
cad is currently offline Click here to Send cad a Private Message Find more posts by cad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deathblow
-

I never used watch any music TV in the states, especially not MTV. There's a couple of channels here in England that play good stuff late at night, but that's about it.

The only good thing about MTV is of course the legendary Jackass.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2005 10:08 AM
Deathblow is currently offline Click here to Send Deathblow a Private Message Find more posts by Deathblow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean

Yep, egg..

Aww thats poo! We dont even get Jackass anymore over here.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2005 02:07 PM
BasketCase

They hardly play that anymore, either.
Usually the only time i see music videos is early in the morning.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2005 10:05 PM
BasketCase is currently offline Click here to Send BasketCase a Private Message Find more posts by BasketCase Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote