KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » System Of A Down / Mars Volta

System Of A Down / Mars Volta
Started by: StinkFist462

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
StinkFist462
Your Mom

System Of A Down / Mars Volta

anyone looking forward to this? i just picked up 2 General Admission tickets today for sep23 at the xcel cener

Old Post Jul 10th, 2005 12:04 AM
StinkFist462 is currently offline Click here to Send StinkFist462 a Private Message Find more posts by StinkFist462 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morning_Glory
Sleeping In My Soul

no

Old Post Jul 10th, 2005 12:12 AM
Morning_Glory is currently offline Click here to Send Morning_Glory a Private Message Find more posts by Morning_Glory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

Dunno if The Mars Volta is playing but SOAD is playing here August 23rd.

Rob Owns You, Barbarossa, Tired Hiker, Fearnix, Ronny, Raven Guardia, Wolflet, DEM, spidergrl, Dr. Strangelove, eggmayo, Filth, Korri, JM, Ken Kenobi, ~Sir Mist~, Lana

Old Post Jul 10th, 2005 12:27 AM
SlipknoT is currently offline Click here to Send SlipknoT a Private Message Find more posts by SlipknoT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StinkFist462
Your Mom

ah, you going?

Old Post Jul 10th, 2005 12:28 AM
StinkFist462 is currently offline Click here to Send StinkFist462 a Private Message Find more posts by StinkFist462 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Hmmm....they come here Sept. 30th....no sale info yet, though.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jul 10th, 2005 12:34 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StinkFist462
ah, you going?
Hopefully if I can get enough money for tickets.

Rob Owns You, Barbarossa, Tired Hiker, Fearnix, Ronny, Raven Guardia, Wolflet, DEM, spidergrl, Dr. Strangelove, eggmayo, Filth, Korri, JM, Ken Kenobi, ~Sir Mist~, Lana

Old Post Jul 10th, 2005 01:02 AM
SlipknoT is currently offline Click here to Send SlipknoT a Private Message Find more posts by SlipknoT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ElectricBugaloo
LP

I've heard TMV aren't all that good live...they just kinda noodle around for a while.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2005 06:27 PM
ElectricBugaloo is currently offline Click here to Send ElectricBugaloo a Private Message Find more posts by ElectricBugaloo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

They aren't coming to Portland or anywhere else in Oregon mad

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2005 06:41 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

Does anyone?

Old Post Jul 10th, 2005 06:50 PM
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

I've gotten to see most of the bands that I want to see here in Oregon. I've seen SOAD once before but that was when Toxicity was brand new.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2005 07:00 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Not bothered about SOAD, but jealous of Mars Volta! love the band.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2005 12:06 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Refused
Iconoclast

Originally posted by ElectricBugaloo
I've heard TMV aren't all that good live...they just kinda noodle around for a while.

Dude, it's not about perfection, it's about heart and soul.
that's what they're all about. Irritating people.
At the Drive In Forever!!!!

Old Post Jul 12th, 2005 06:14 PM
Refused is currently offline Click here to Send Refused a Private Message Find more posts by Refused Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ElectricBugaloo
LP

Portland is a musical hotspot, especially for indie rock

Old Post Jul 12th, 2005 07:23 PM
ElectricBugaloo is currently offline Click here to Send ElectricBugaloo a Private Message Find more posts by ElectricBugaloo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Originally posted by ElectricBugaloo
Portland is a musical hotspot, especially for indie rock

Yeah, damn hippies.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2005 07:44 PM
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

I saw SOAD last night and the concert was kick ass. I feel I must own Hypnotize right now. They played 3 new songs: I Killed Rock'n Roll, Hypnotize, and an instrumental (I heard they made one but I don't think it will be on the album, but maybe the Hypnotize single). The song Hypnotize is so frickin great as is I Killed Rock'n Roll but I've heard that one before.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2005 08:16 PM
StinkFist462
Your Mom

Mars Volta, IMO, put one a much much better show than SOAD did. im not complaing though. it was excellent

Old Post Oct 7th, 2005 08:32 PM
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Are you serious? I couldn't hear any of the vocals of Mars Volta. I thought they were pretty bad. The only thing good about them was the dancing of the singer but that got old fast. At least they weren't as bad as Hella. Hella mainly did instrumentals while each guy played as hard as they could but with no rhythm. The screeching of the music with drums being played simply as hard and as fast as possible could have been used by police for crowd control. The entire audience just sat their with no expressions on their face and with body language that showed nobody was getting into them. I honestly don't think I've ever heard a band as bad as them before in my life.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2005 08:49 PM
StinkFist462
Your Mom

oh god did hella suck. no sense of rhythm, no timing, just 5 guys (or was it 4?) just playing the hell out of there instruments for songs that had nothing. it was a huge waste of time

i liked Volta better because well. i like volta better haha. the dancing was interesting and the lights and backdrop were pretty trippy. they both put on an excellent show, but i liked Volta better.

hella is by far the worst band i have ever heard. ever.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2005 09:00 PM
el_barto
I'm So Bored With the USA

I want to see TMV so bad, their one of my favorites.

You Call This a New Way of Thinking? I Call This Regression to Ignorance.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2005 10:12 PM
el_barto is currently offline Click here to Send el_barto a Private Message Find more posts by el_barto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Refused
Iconoclast

I've seen the MTV live videos of TMV and it seems good. His(Cedric's) clapping in dancing is very infectious, made me go into a very weird spiritual like movement and feeling. Love it. I don't know, you won't be able to get into their music if you don't "get it." I will see them live before i die, i have to.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2005 10:50 PM
Refused is currently offline Click here to Send Refused a Private Message Find more posts by Refused Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote