KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Who the Hardest band Slayer or Metallica

Who the Hardest band Slayer or Metallica
Started by: golem370

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
golem370

Who the Hardest band Slayer or Metallica

Who the hardest, who's got the better Drummer,Who got better Guitar player. To make it more fair Metallica at there hardest and Slayer at there hardest.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2005 05:09 PM
golem370 is currently offline Click here to Send golem370 a Private Message Find more posts by golem370 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MetallicaT
Vicarious

slayer is "harder" i suppose, but kirk kicks kerrys ass

Old Post Dec 1st, 2005 06:14 PM
MetallicaT is currently offline Click here to Send MetallicaT a Private Message Find more posts by MetallicaT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
golem370

That's alright but I think the other Guitar player from slayer better then Kirk.

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post Dec 1st, 2005 07:21 PM
golem370 is currently offline Click here to Send golem370 a Private Message Find more posts by golem370 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eggmayo

Better at hitting open strings sloppily, maybe. Faster and less accurate is not better.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2005 07:36 PM
eggmayo is currently offline Click here to Send eggmayo a Private Message Find more posts by eggmayo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
golem370

I heard them both to Slayer guy is better and yes I know Kirk was taught by Satrini

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post Dec 1st, 2005 10:39 PM
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

meh, too many things about metallica piss me off. I'd go with slayer cause they seem to be more creative and unafraid to go back to their roots as a hardcore punk band (undisputed attitude). Metallica are just a bunch of right wing dicks who attack their own fans, try to copy the same formula over and over again and wouldn't let les claypool into the band for fear of him taking the attention away from the other three (despite him being a much better bass player than newstead).

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Dec 1st, 2005 10:44 PM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StinkFist462
Your Mom

Slayer

Old Post Dec 1st, 2005 11:02 PM
StinkFist462 is currently offline Click here to Send StinkFist462 a Private Message Find more posts by StinkFist462 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

In my personal opinion Jeff Henneman, technically, is a better overall player. Jeff writes virtually ALL Slayers songs. Guitar patterns, lyrics, the whole 9 yards. Kirk plays what James writes for him, throws in some solos, and calls it a day.

As far as comparing the extreme nature of their music, Slayer by a very, very long shot.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2005 11:12 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Jello
meh, too many things about metallica piss me off. I'd go with slayer cause they seem to be more creative and unafraid to go back to their roots as a hardcore punk band (undisputed attitude). Metallica are just a bunch of right wing dicks who attack their own fans, try to copy the same formula over and over again and wouldn't let les claypool into the band for fear of him taking the attention away from the other three (despite him being a much better bass player than newstead).

Well if your "fans" had threatened to ditch you because you cut your hair, I think you'd be a bit pissed off too.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2005 02:30 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eggmayo

Much as this contradicts my earlier post, I don't actually care about members of a band, I care about the music they make AS the band.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2005 04:23 PM
eggmayo is currently offline Click here to Send eggmayo a Private Message Find more posts by eggmayo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

and metallica is pretty bland and uncreative. they're a great example of selling out

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2005 10:41 PM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

They're not. Sell out is a term that, as many people have said, gets thrown around way too easily.

They're not sell outs because they did something you don't like. Green Day aren't sell outs because people who loved Dookie no longer like their music. Metallica aren't sell outs because not a lot of people liked the fact that they got their hair cut and put out albums that weren't as good as Master of Puppets. Get that right.

Selling out is when an artist does something they don't want to do and/or contradicts their earlier opinions, beliefs or morals in exchange for popularity, fame and money. Metallica didn't ever do this. "But they cut their hair!!!" So what?

If you stop liking a band because of what their hair looks like, then you're no fan anyway.

I think Brandon Boyd's decision to make money off being a GAP model is a really horrible decision. He has people out there such as I, who value him for the incredible singer that he is and he chose to make money off those who only like him when his shirt is off. I don't like that, but on the other hand he doesn't owe me anything. I think it's a shit decision, but he doesn't owe it to me NOT to sell out, as much as I hate to say that. The reason I stopped respecting Brandon Boyd (morally, he is still an amazing singer and nothing can take that away from the man) isn't because he modelled for GAP per se. It's because he made a decision contradicting something he was previously very strongly against. That being the idea of image coming before music. If he had never spoken out against it and THEN modelled for GAP, I'd not have as much of a problem. It's the contradictions that make the sell out. He went back on something he felt very strongly against in return for more popularity and money, I don't respect that.

I'm going off a bit, but the point is that I don't recall Metallica saying "Anyone who gets their haircut and makes subpar albums here and there, are sell outs." and then choosing to do the opposite. I have absolutely no reason to believe that the decisions they've made were not their own.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Last edited by Alpha Centauri on Dec 2nd, 2005 at 11:17 PM

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2005 11:07 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

it's not a matter of wanting or not wanting to do something. It's a matter of changing or maintaining your sound with no other goal in mind except to sell records. The whole haircut shit and load albums was all about cashing in on grunge or whatever the hell you wanna call it.
to be honest, i never liked metallica and for the most part can't stand metal but i can appreciate people like Slayer, anthrax, sabbath, ac/dc, and zepplin. I just find absolutely nothing creative or remotely entertaining about metallica's music and have seen no motivation in their career other than cash.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2005 11:21 PM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Darth Jello
it's not a matter of wanting or not wanting to do something. It's a matter of changing or maintaining your sound with no other goal in mind except to sell records. The whole haircut shit and load albums was all about cashing in on grunge or whatever the hell you wanna call it.
to be honest, i never liked metallica and for the most part can't stand metal but i can appreciate people like Slayer, anthrax, sabbath, ac/dc, and zepplin. I just find absolutely nothing creative or remotely entertaining about metallica's music and have seen no motivation in their career other than cash.

The thing that makes me laugh is the people who are so independent enough to call Metallica sell outs, corporate or trendhoppers. Metallica were anti-record company, anti-establishment and anti-most things before "Grunge" or anything like that existed, before most "rebel" bands were out of high school or even in existence.

You don't like them getting their hair cuts? Big ****ing deal. Why is it an issue? They did it because they wanted to get their hair cut. What is it to do with you? Why does their hairstyle even matter? When you put the CD in, you don't hear how short their hair is do you? Hating Metallica because of their hair is the equivelent of a girl liking Justin Timberlake's music because he's "hot". As for the image being a cash in on Grunge, pathetic. They were dressing sharper, if anything. So they grew up, big deal. You don't like Load? Fine. That doesn't mean they sold out, factually.

The fact that you don't like Metallica's music and see (for some odd reason) no motivation behind them besides cash, then that's fine by me. Stupid, but fine. This doesn't mean they sold out. It means you have a blinkered view of the band and see them differently to a lot of people.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2005 11:45 PM
Df02

if harder means better then, personally, Slayer

TotalFormat Forums
tomorrow is so far and I no longer want to find a replacement for all these pictures that are lost in my mind

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2005 12:00 AM
Df02 is currently offline Click here to Send Df02 a Private Message Find more posts by Df02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Slayer really missed the point when they covered Minor Threat's Guilty of Being White, tho.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2005 03:18 AM
Slay
Skyhighatrist

Originally posted by golem370
I heard them both to Slayer guy is better and yes I know Kirk was taught by Satrini

Satriani you moron roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2005 12:58 PM
Slay is currently offline Click here to Send Slay a Private Message Find more posts by Slay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slay
Skyhighatrist

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
The thing that makes me laugh is the people who are so independent enough to call Metallica sell outs, corporate or trendhoppers. Metallica were anti-record company, anti-establishment and anti-most things before "Grunge" or anything like that existed, before most "rebel" bands were out of high school or even in existence.

You don't like them getting their hair cuts? Big ****ing deal. Why is it an issue? They did it because they wanted to get their hair cut. What is it to do with you? Why does their hairstyle even matter? When you put the CD in, you don't hear how short their hair is do you? Hating Metallica because of their hair is the equivelent of a girl liking Justin Timberlake's music because he's "hot". As for the image being a cash in on Grunge, pathetic. They were dressing sharper, if anything. So they grew up, big deal. You don't like Load? Fine. That doesn't mean they sold out, factually.

The fact that you don't like Metallica's music and see (for some odd reason) no motivation behind them besides cash, then that's fine by me. Stupid, but fine. This doesn't mean they sold out. It means you have a blinkered view of the band and see them differently to a lot of people.

-AC

I agree with AC this time

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2005 01:02 PM
Slay is currently offline Click here to Send Slay a Private Message Find more posts by Slay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selphie
you teasing like you do

As their music goes, its Slayer's great all time music, and Metallica's early heavy great music. I'd have to go with SLAYER easily! Metallica's old stuff was great, but their new stuff has gone to puts.

And also, Slayer can keep a hold of their bass player, sadly Metallica pops a new bass player every once and a while...

riding high on love's true bluish light

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2005 09:39 PM
Selphie is currently offline Click here to Send Selphie a Private Message Find more posts by Selphie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
golem370

I know Metallica sold more records but how many has Slayer Sold?

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post Dec 4th, 2005 12:27 AM