KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Is there any band that you used to love,but ''hate'' now?

Is there any band that you used to love,but ''hate'' now?
Started by: Slay

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Slay
Skyhighatrist

Is there any band that you used to love,but ''hate'' now?

Mine is Cradle of Filth,i got into it because of my friends...I was easy to be manipulated into liking stuff because my friends did.And after a few months I already grew out of liking them...

Old Post Jan 1st, 2006 07:03 PM
Slay is currently offline Click here to Send Slay a Private Message Find more posts by Slay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

NIN.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2006 07:28 PM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Hmm..maybe 50 Cent....no wait...I never liked him.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2006 08:48 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Trivium...no wait I disliked them at first.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Jan 1st, 2006 08:51 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

NIN also.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Jan 1st, 2006 08:51 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
NIN.
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
NIN also.

-AC

Hmm, what's the reason for this sudden hate?

Old Post Jan 1st, 2006 08:57 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MetallicaT
Vicarious

system of a down

Old Post Jan 1st, 2006 09:12 PM
MetallicaT is currently offline Click here to Send MetallicaT a Private Message Find more posts by MetallicaT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sancty
-

Nickelback.. *shudder*

Old Post Jan 1st, 2006 09:32 PM
Sancty is currently offline Click here to Send Sancty a Private Message Find more posts by Sancty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
amity75

Maybe The Beatles. They bore me a bit now and are the band who I skip over when they appear on my ipod random shuffle. It's maybe due to over listening to them though.

Post in the Indiana Jones forum.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2006 11:41 PM
amity75 is currently offline Click here to Send amity75 a Private Message Find more posts by amity75 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bardock42
Hmm, what's the reason for this sudden hate?

Listen to With Teeth and watch his performances on CD:UK (whilst considering his past attitude to such shows) and then all will be clear.

But mostly With Teeth. Quite easily the single worst album produced in 2005. Even worse than all the shit pop acts, because they don't have The Fragile and The Downward Spiral already in their back catalogue.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2006 12:15 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

Billy Ray Cyrus.

Achy Breaky Heart was a classic back in the day, but since then he hasn't released anything of the calibre. After a while I had to sell my cowboy boots and shave my mullet.

Damn you Billy Ray Cyrus. How wrong I was when I thought my future was with you!

shifty

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2006 12:22 AM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Just to be sure, you were being typically jocular when saying anything positive about that mullet-obsessed congenital birth defect turned country "singer" right?

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2006 12:31 AM
exanda kane

Listen to With Teeth and watch his performances on CD:UK (whilst considering his past attitude to such shows) and then all will be clear.

-AC

NIN on CD:UK. awesome....haha

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2006 12:31 AM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hahaha, I see what you did there.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2006 12:35 AM
Peach
mordrem

I gotta say With Teeth certainly killed NIN for me...

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2006 01:28 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

Just to be sure, you were being typically jocular when saying anything positive about that mullet-obsessed congenital birth defect turned country "singer" right?

-AC

I should bloody hope so.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2006 03:14 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

I'm sure every artist deserves one shit album. I just ignore With Teeth for the most part and listen to NIN's old stuff.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2006 08:08 PM
Mr. Sandman is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Sandman a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Sandman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

It wasn't just shit as in "Eh, don't really like it." It was actually a despicable effort. Deftones released a B-Side album this year that was better than With Teeth by so far.

The thing is, as VVD said and I agree with, it just makes his best album look like a fluke. The Downward Spiral is quite good, Pretty Hate Machine is alright. The Fragile is by far his best and even then it needs a bit of an edit. That's the point though, with those albums in your back catalogue, you shouldn't be releasing such deplorable shit as With Teeth. It wasn't just a sub par album, it was downright horrific.

With Teeth was absolutely shit and 6 years on from The Fragile, I do expect a little better than an album of shit. Which is what it was. The man has completely sold himself out and become more or less irrelevant in music.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Last edited by Alpha Centauri on Jan 2nd, 2006 at 08:23 PM

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2006 08:21 PM
fruits
Regenbogenfarben

Green day

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2006 09:04 PM
fruits is currently offline Click here to Send fruits a Private Message Find more posts by fruits Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

It wasn't just shit as in "Eh, don't really like it." It was actually a despicable effort. Deftones released a B-Side album this year that was better than With Teeth by so far.

The thing is, as VVD said and I agree with, it just makes his best album look like a fluke. The Downward Spiral is quite good, Pretty Hate Machine is alright. The Fragile is by far his best and even then it needs a bit of an edit. That's the point though, with those albums in your back catalogue, you shouldn't be releasing such deplorable shit as With Teeth. It wasn't just a sub par album, it was downright horrific.

With Teeth was absolutely shit and 6 years on from The Fragile, I do expect a little better than an album of shit. Which is what it was. The man has completely sold himself out and become more or less irrelevant in music.

-AC

Jesus, I remember you saying it was "just alright", or something along those lines when it came out.

I'm not one to say somebody is great when they're "past their prime" or whatever, but you're coming down pretty hard on the man for releasing one not-so-great album. Just because you don't like it and see its style as "selling out" doesn't make that the intent.

I sense a tinge of hypocrisy in your words, you being the guy who deplores Metallica fans who disowned the band after they released Load/Reload and St. Anger. I also remember you saying at one point that you view With Teeth as "NIN's St. Anger". In other words, the bad album that most mortals are entitled to in their careers. Metallica have also released a considerably larger amount of good material than NIN has, and St. Anger is IMO considerably worse than With Teeth.

All of Audioslave's work is just as rock-radio-friendly as THTF is, and yet I've seen you come down on Rage fans who call Audioslave sellouts since they're so different from Rage. Granted, With Teeth is nowhere near as good as either of Audioslave's albums, but it's the same idea: the musicians changed their style, and it happens to be more pop-friendly. That doesn't automatically indicate a purposeful selling out. You've said it yourself about Audioslave...

On top of all this, I have also seen NIN live recently, and frankly, they were excellent. Aside from the fact that they never change their setlist (which isn't exactly new, or any big secret), they were musically flawless. They also tastefully refrained from calling the audience gay, which Josh Homme seemed to thouroughly enjoy. I don't know what the show you went to was like, but maybe it was the fluke, along with With Teeth.

You know I don't have anything against you, but you're taking this too heavily.

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2006 09:52 PM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote