KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Best Live concert?

Best Live concert?
Started by: Bicnarok

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

Best Live concert?

i was at Depeche Mode Saturday night, Out Of This World. Ive seen a few group live but this was amazing. No wonde it was sold out both nights.

Whats the best youve seen, or who can you recomend?

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2006 02:24 PM
Bicnarok is currently offline Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BobbyD
Animal Lover

Funny, you mentioned this thread, Bic.

I've seen lots of concerts, and (for me to this day) the Scorpions sounded perfect....just like they were on a CD. I couldn't believe the clarity when I heard them play....amazed.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2006 02:57 PM
BobbyD is currently offline Click here to Send BobbyD a Private Message Find more posts by BobbyD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BALLER STATUS IV LIFE

nas concert in central park (free admission)

^classic concert, bout the same time jay had his fade to black concert in MSG

ny peeps showing love to the king

DarkCrawler >>> Your Favorite Sig-Maker

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2006 02:59 PM
#16 is currently offline Click here to Send #16 a Private Message Find more posts by #16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

After seeing numerous live shows, I'm gonna have to go with these bands as a top three (in no particular order):

-Avenged Sevenfold: I've seen em twice and each time they put on an amazing show. They pull off excellent guitar solos that I couldn't imagine playing, and they do it in style. Also, M. Shadow's vocals are very impressive. Each band member delivers to their fullest, and it shows.

-Green Day: I really respect these guys as performers. I saw them live a couple years ago and they were amazing as well. Billie Joe is one of the most energetic frontmen I've ever seen, but he's also very talented and does a great job controlling the crowd to however he wants them to act. As a band, they function very well and play their songs flawlessly.

-Fall Out Boy: Despite getting a bad rap in general, these guys are really good live. Their songs sound excellent live and watching them perform is even better. The guitarist/bassist put in an incredible amount of energy into all of the acrobatic moves they pull. Overall, they sound great and put on an even better performance (visually).

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2006 10:57 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
el_barto
I'm So Bored With the USA

The Who.

You Call This a New Way of Thinking? I Call This Regression to Ignorance.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2006 11:18 PM
el_barto is currently offline Click here to Send el_barto a Private Message Find more posts by el_barto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

Rammstein.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2006 11:19 PM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PINBALL

Green Day....it was my first concert and it was awsome best performers ive seen.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2006 04:55 AM
PINBALL is currently offline Click here to Send PINBALL a Private Message Find more posts by PINBALL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

I hear Disturbed is great live, and also Tool is awesome live, but that's what I heard.

I have to go with GWAR though. They throw pigs blood on the mosh pit! WOOOT!

****ing freaky. I love it.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2006 06:07 AM
Mr. Sandman is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Sandman a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Sandman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

Metallica - dont think i need to explain

The Matches - awsome live, very tight, put on a stellar show, 10/10 for me

Motion City Soundtrack - as above, they sound brilliant live and are energetic as hell.

frenzal rhomb - they're on all my lists

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Jan 24th, 2006 06:13 AM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Rob Zombie was the best I've seen live. I've seen quite a bit too.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2006 06:48 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K.Diddy
DiddyWood Style

I've only been to one, Matchbox 20

thumb up Went off

Old Post Jan 24th, 2006 07:37 AM
K.Diddy is currently offline Click here to Send K.Diddy a Private Message Find more posts by K.Diddy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
knight
AFL1-3603

I've only been to a FLEETWOOD MAC show
SAY YOU WILL: Feb' 2005

Shows that I would like to have been at

BIG COUNTRY - Final Fling:
Live At The The Glasgow Barrowlands
May 2000
Their Last Ever Gig, avalible on DVD

Attachment: big country net.jpg
This has been downloaded 100 time(s).

Old Post Jan 24th, 2006 11:53 AM
knight is currently offline Click here to Send knight a Private Message Find more posts by knight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
knight
AFL1-3603

THE KINKS
Phobia Tour '93
To The Bone Tour '96, their last every gig

1987 gig

Attachment: wdass.jpg
This has been downloaded 104 time(s).

Old Post Jan 24th, 2006 11:56 AM
knight is currently offline Click here to Send knight a Private Message Find more posts by knight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Arachnoidfreak
I hear Disturbed is great live, and also Tool is awesome live, but that's what I heard.

I have to go with GWAR though. They throw pigs blood on the mosh pit! WOOOT!

****ing freaky. I love it.

Tool would be my second pick, but nothing can top seeing Rammstein live.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2006 05:05 PM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Foo Fighters are one of the best live bands you'll see, I think.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Jan 24th, 2006 06:22 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Captain's Wench
Queen of da swashbucklers

I would have to say Green Day....They were just entertaining all together. Billie Joe entertained the audience and made them a part of the show which was really cool.

www.myspace.com/ilovechristofer

Old Post Jan 24th, 2006 09:49 PM
Captain's Wench is currently offline Click here to Send Captain's Wench a Private Message Find more posts by Captain's Wench Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Furious Angel

nothing and i mean NOTHING can top the rolling stones in concert...even if i had nosebleed seats in madison square garden, it was amazing. these guys are such good performers, no offense to the rammstein and green day fans...

Old Post Jan 24th, 2006 11:31 PM
Furious Angel is currently offline Click here to Send Furious Angel a Private Message Find more posts by Furious Angel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StinkFist462
Your Mom

Originally posted by Furious Angel
nothing and i mean NOTHING can top the rolling stones in concert...even if i had nosebleed seats in madison square garden, it was amazing. these guys are such good performers, no offense to the rammstein and green day fans...

they are pretty good live. i was impressed.

Mindless Self Indulgence was probably the most fun i've had at a concert (all 3 times i seen them).

Mars Volta - simply amazing. probably the best show ive seen.

Last edited by StinkFist462 on Jan 24th, 2006 at 11:59 PM

Old Post Jan 24th, 2006 11:57 PM
StinkFist462 is currently offline Click here to Send StinkFist462 a Private Message Find more posts by StinkFist462 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

The Roots

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2006 12:30 AM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Originally posted by StinkFist462

Mars Volta - simply amazing. probably the best show ive seen.

I was terribly disappointed by them live. His lyrics are too hard to hear, not the best sound quality. Although he was fun to watch dance around. Reminded me of Prince.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2006 03:41 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote