KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » what do you think?

does popular music teach immoral values?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
yes it does 6 54.55%
no it doesn't 5 45.45%
Total: 11 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

what do you think?
Started by: AC/DC'S_LVR

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

Cool what do you think?

im doing an essay/report in my english class and i wanted to know what you guys thought on the subject
this is a straight up no jokes thread and i would like some real answers

Old Post Feb 13th, 2006 01:15 PM
That ACDC Chick is currently offline Click here to Send That ACDC Chick a Private Message Find more posts by That ACDC Chick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rickyduck
--------

As ive already said, modern music (hip hop, r&b) is sort of influencing people to do things they wouldnt normally do, like criminal actions, but also death metal is at quite a high nowadays, which influences people to do bad things aswell

Old Post Feb 13th, 2006 01:26 PM
rickyduck is currently offline Click here to Send rickyduck a Private Message Find more posts by rickyduck Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

like i said im in the middle stupid people will follow whatever you say but people who know better wont

Old Post Feb 13th, 2006 01:32 PM
That ACDC Chick is currently offline Click here to Send That ACDC Chick a Private Message Find more posts by That ACDC Chick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rickyduck
--------

Unless they arent stupid, but they just believe in what their role models say

Old Post Feb 13th, 2006 01:38 PM
rickyduck is currently offline Click here to Send rickyduck a Private Message Find more posts by rickyduck Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

what does your sig mean?

Old Post Feb 13th, 2006 01:39 PM
rickyduck
--------

What do the lyrics mean?

Its all about Syd Barrett going crazy and ( I think) committing suicide

Old Post Feb 13th, 2006 01:51 PM
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

ohh okay

Old Post Feb 15th, 2006 01:47 PM
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

where is everyone?

Old Post Feb 17th, 2006 01:45 PM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by rickyduck
Unless they arent stupid, but they just believe in what their role models say

Which also falls under the "Stupid" catagory, if the role model is saying "Shoot someone" and the person does it.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Feb 17th, 2006 02:04 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

Re: what do you think?

Originally posted by AC/DC'S_LVR
im doing an essay/report in my english class and i wanted to know what you guys thought on the subject
this is a straight up no jokes thread and i would like some real answers

Depends at which level you are writing.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2006 12:06 AM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pandemoniac
Disco Infernal

Music (and the lyrics) can influence a person in his/her behaviour. When an artist becomes an idol in the listeners mind, the thoughts expressed trough the music can become definitions when the listener can't fully cope with reality and desires the (often unreal) ways of life spoken of in the music.
The less you have, the more you crave to fill your life.
Mostly, listeners aren't afflicted in their actions by the lyrics of even their most favorite artists, but sometimes people are so empty that they adapt the message in lyrics and the actions of the artist. Sadly it mostly concerns the more aggressive kinds of music, leading to wannabe gangsters and such.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2006 01:29 AM
Pandemoniac is currently offline Click here to Send Pandemoniac a Private Message Find more posts by Pandemoniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

Re: Re: what do you think?

Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
Depends at which level you are writing.

what's that supposed to mean? mad mad mad

Old Post Feb 19th, 2006 07:39 PM
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

depends on what you are listening to.
Originally posted by rickyduck
As ive already said, modern music (hip hop, r&b) is sort of influencing people to do things they wouldnt normally do, like criminal actions, but also death metal is at quite a high nowadays, which influences people to do bad things aswell
that's a generalization

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2006 07:51 PM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

how coe no ones voting?

Old Post Feb 19th, 2006 08:03 PM
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

Originally posted by AC/DC'S_LVR
how coe no ones voting?
because it does and it doesn't. it depends on the listener and what he/she is listening to.

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2006 09:22 PM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Makedde
Xena: Warrior Princess

A lot of music nowadays, especially rap artists, sexualise women in their songs. I hate that, women are not sex objects.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2006 12:50 AM
Makedde is currently offline Click here to Send Makedde a Private Message Find more posts by Makedde Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

Originally posted by Makedde
A lot of music nowadays, especially rap artists, sexualise women in their songs. I hate that, women are not sex objects.
and yet you just said in another thread that you are starting to like 50 cent

Old Post Feb 20th, 2006 01:05 AM
k00L kiD
life is a dream

Originally posted by -hh-
and yet you just said in another thread that you are starting to like 50 cent

I was just about to say that

Old Post Feb 20th, 2006 01:15 AM
k00L kiD is currently offline Click here to Send k00L kiD a Private Message Find more posts by k00L kiD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quiero Mota

Originally posted by Inspectah Deck
I was just about to say that

laughing Me too!

Old Post Feb 20th, 2006 01:20 AM
Quiero Mota is currently offline Click here to Send Quiero Mota a Private Message Find more posts by Quiero Mota Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
k00L kiD
life is a dream

Deja Vu! eek!...........confused

Old Post Feb 20th, 2006 01:51 AM
k00L kiD is currently offline Click here to Send k00L kiD a Private Message Find more posts by k00L kiD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote