KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Rush

Rush
Started by: Deano

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Deano

Rush

Just wondered what you think of them, what your favourite songs were etc

i have started to get back into there music recently. i only heard a few of there songs before.

"How about this? Shut your mouth...Or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and shut it for you."

Old Post Dec 4th, 2006 01:56 AM
Deano is currently offline Click here to Send Deano a Private Message Find more posts by Deano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quiero Mota

Re: Rush

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Deano
Just wondered what you think of them

A decent 70's band.

what your favourite songs were etc

"Best I Can."

Old Post Dec 4th, 2006 03:51 AM
Quiero Mota is currently offline Click here to Send Quiero Mota a Private Message Find more posts by Quiero Mota Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

One of the best bands ever in term of musicianship, dab hands at the ol' songwriting also.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Dec 4th, 2006 05:43 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pezmerga
Black Knight

Awesome band! Cygnus: Book II Hemispheres...etc. is my favorite song. More of my favorites are..
Natural Science
Xanadu
Resist
Red Barchetta...man too many to name actually.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2007 12:23 AM
Pezmerga is currently offline Click here to Send Pezmerga a Private Message Find more posts by Pezmerga Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
papabeard
tHe RiVeRmaN

They are quite ludicrous but sporadically brilliant.

My favourite song is The Spirit of the Radio, in fact i'm listening to it right now.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2007 06:15 PM
papabeard is currently offline Click here to Send papabeard a Private Message Find more posts by papabeard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Think they're one of the most important progressive groups ever. My exposure to them is limited, but "YYZ" is just as masterpiece. Predates a lot of today's prog sounds, and seems to have laid the groundwork for insane time signatures.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2007 06:39 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by papabeard
They are quite ludicrous but sporadically brilliant.

My favourite song is The Spirit of the Radio, in fact i'm listening to it right now.

Excellent song, and I really like the lyrics, which is odd considering I don't usually like Rush lyrics that much.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2007 06:54 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Leper_Messiah
Addicted to Chaos

Neil Peart is considered to be the best drummer by many critics and aside from that, he's a great lyricist. 2112 and Moving Pictures are spectacular albums as well.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2007 06:10 AM
Leper_Messiah is currently offline Click here to Send Leper_Messiah a Private Message Find more posts by Leper_Messiah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deathblow
-

I appreciate their significance and the massive influence they've had on a lot of the music I like, but I can't stand the vast majority of their material my self. My dad is a diehard fan, but he's never managed to convert me.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2007 05:32 PM
Deathblow is currently offline Click here to Send Deathblow a Private Message Find more posts by Deathblow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

I was listening to "Working Man" a while ago. It's got a very Black Sabbath-esque structure to it.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2007 06:34 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

I like this band.

Technically, these guys are brilliant, especially for a trio.

I have "Chronicles" and that's it, so I don't know all their work, but I've heard enough to for an opinion on them.

I can only take so much of Geddy Lee's voice.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Mar 1st, 2007 07:24 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BobbyD
Animal Lover

Re: Rush

Just wondered what you think of them, what your favourite songs were etc

i have started to get back into there music recently. i only heard a few of there songs before.

An underrated, incredibly talented band. And considering they generate what they can from just 3 people is amazing.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2007 08:55 PM
BobbyD is currently offline Click here to Send BobbyD a Private Message Find more posts by BobbyD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well, I personally consider Rush to be one of the most very talented bands in terms of musicianship, considering how there is only three of them. Peart is definately the most talented, in my opinion, an unparalleled drummer and an outstanding songwriter. Lifeson is one of the best guitarists out there, and Geddy Lee's keyboardist/bassist combination is amazing.

That said, I don't consider him a good singer at all (and most critics on planet Earth agree).

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2007 12:15 AM
Gideon is currently offline Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

I likes them. Favorite songs are: The Trees, Red Sector A, and Natural Science.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2007 06:42 AM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pezmerga
Black Knight

Their new Single "Far Cry" is up in it's Entirety at www.rush.com. Check it out.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2007 01:29 AM
Pezmerga is currently offline Click here to Send Pezmerga a Private Message Find more posts by Pezmerga Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nellinator
Crazy Canuck

Rush is sweet, good bass, good guitar, good drums, and great vocals. Keyboards is cool when they use it too.

My favourite song is probably Working Man.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2007 02:15 AM
Nellinator is currently offline Click here to Send Nellinator a Private Message Find more posts by Nellinator Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pezmerga
Black Knight

Working Man is amazing , especially Live.

Anyone get their new Album? Man I have to say on first listen I was a little ...confused about how I felt about it, but now I love it. There is a couple things I wish had been done differently , like More Lifeson Solos maybe? Yet Overall I think it is a great album and cannot wait till I get to drive up to Toronto to see them perform live!!!! Guys are in their mid to late 50's and still sound top notch.

Old Post May 8th, 2007 05:16 AM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

I really like it.

Mid-way I thought it was going to tail off, but after a couple of listens, it's really solid. The Main Monkey Business, despite the horrid title, is a phenomenal song. That will always be Rush at their best; lengthy instrumentals.

It could have been just another Rush album, which wouldn't have been a bad thing, but I think they've actually done something a bit different. It's nothing ultra stellar, but it's quite good, I like it.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Last edited by Alpha Centauri on May 8th, 2007 at 10:40 AM

Old Post May 8th, 2007 10:36 AM
~Flamboyant~
Out of my element

I've had limited exposure to Rush. However, from what I heard, I like. The singer's voice does get on my nerves though. The pro's outweigh the con's.

I love you IceJaw for making me the sig!

Old Post May 9th, 2007 02:08 AM
~Flamboyant~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Flamboyant~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Flamboyant~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Neato,
good to hear the new album is still Rush quality.
I should pick it up, when I get the funds...

Old Post May 9th, 2007 02:31 AM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote