KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Plan B

Plan B
Started by: Deathblow

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Deathblow
-

Plan B

Thought I might as well start a thread, haven't heard any mention of Plan on the forums.

I thought he was awful when I first him, and he is a little jarring to start off with. Very loud, abrasive voice (when rapping), noisy music (combination of standard hip-hop/grime beats and live acoustic guitar) and a ridiculously foul mouth. I found him interesting enough to persevere with though and he bought his album a month or so ago, so glad I gave it a shot. It may be an easy comparison to make, but he really does bring back memories of Eminem circa The Slim Shady LP. He has that raw hunger in his voice, and the same natural knack for story telling. Plus he's an excellent guitarist and a suprisingly good singer.

UK hip-hop meets folk. It can happen. For anyone who has't heard him/has heard either ''No Good'' or ''Mama'' and thinks they won't like him, I recommend listening to ''Sick 2 Def'' before passing judgment. Sounds like no other hip-hop in existence.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2007 06:01 PM
Deathblow is currently offline Click here to Send Deathblow a Private Message Find more posts by Deathblow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

I was sold on him as soon as I caught the "No Good" The Prodigy sample. It is very Eminem-esque, but he sounds more mature on this one than Em did on his own album.

If nothing else, he's a lot more entertaining and credible than The Streets.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2007 08:01 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Forgot to add, "No More Eatin'" has a serious RATM vibe.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2007 08:27 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Just seems like another NME fellatee (Not his fault) and yes I decided that before I even knew the magazine did actually like him.

Can't say I'm a fan of him at all.

He's trying to do something different, I'll give him credit for that, and he has a few decent opinions on music in general, but I can't say I like him. He's not doing anything Jehst hasn't been doing for years now.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Feb 10th, 2007 09:09 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deathblow
-

I've never read NME so can't comment on the first bit.

Jehst is the only other UK rapper I'm properly into, but I find Plan a lot more charismatic. In terms of his music (not lyrics), he's doing lots of things Jehst hasn't done, ever.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2007 04:21 PM
Deathblow is currently offline Click here to Send Deathblow a Private Message Find more posts by Deathblow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think it just depends what you see as charismatic.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Feb 11th, 2007 06:02 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

He'll have to resort to plan B.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2007 12:58 AM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
papabeard
tHe RiVeRmaN

It s ok, but i find it a bit cringeworthy.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2007 01:32 PM
papabeard is currently offline Click here to Send papabeard a Private Message Find more posts by papabeard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vanice
traceur

I like the guy. I fall easily for acoustic beats.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2007 03:40 PM
vanice is currently offline Click here to Send vanice a Private Message Find more posts by vanice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Hadouken! actually made a Plan B remix for "No More Eatin". It's bizarre to say the least.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2007 06:40 PM