KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Guitar guide

Guitar guide
Started by: bogen

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
bogen

Guitar guide

Is there a website anyone knows of with decent instructions on note reading for guitars and general playing?
I would be awfully great full if i got a meaningful response.

Facebook
Cheers starlock, your a champ. wink

Old Post Apr 6th, 2007 02:09 PM
bogen is currently offline Click here to Send bogen a Private Message Find more posts by bogen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

I've been playing guitar for about four years now. Two sites i have used occasionally have been guitar-dreams.com and guitarnoise.com these sites specialize in tab reading, but i know that i had found some sheet reading tips on there aswell. I am assuming you are looking for online lessons that include guidelines on reading sheet music. I dont know how long you have been playing guitar, i assume you have just started. One thing i will suggest is focus on learning to read sheet music (actual notes) It will benefit you in the long run. Guitar tab is very very easy to read. It's easy enough to read, to where you can play tab inbetween your sheet music lessons.
Playing by reading the music will become hard, but start out fairly easy at first. Tab is much more gratifying in short term, but being able to look at a sheet of music and being ble to play it is one of the most fullfiling expereinces i ever had. your very best bet is going to a library or going to a guitar shop and buying a used intruction booklet. Find a decent set of scales to practice with each day. this helps your hearng the notes and finger action.
If you are the one playing, and need some further tips i'd be happy to try to help. what kind of guitar do you have?

http://guitar-dreams.com/

Last edited by jinXed by JaNx on Apr 7th, 2007 at 11:56 PM

Old Post Apr 7th, 2007 11:53 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RedAlertv2

Ultimate-guitar.com

How Could Hell Be Any Worse?

Old Post Apr 8th, 2007 04:19 AM
RedAlertv2 is currently offline Click here to Send RedAlertv2 a Private Message Find more posts by RedAlertv2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nellinator
Crazy Canuck

I could e-mail you a pdf copy of a teach yourself guitar book if you want. PM me if you want it.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2007 07:04 AM
Nellinator is currently offline Click here to Send Nellinator a Private Message Find more posts by Nellinator Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

depends what sort of stuff you're playing...i mostly play acoustic and slide so i use this site for free online lessons on scales etc

http://www.folkofthewood.com/page3.htm

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Apr 8th, 2007 11:40 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vanice
traceur

The easiest way I think is to buy a book, or borrow at a library, if you want to learn to play with notes. Nowadays when after I started at a music school and have taken classes i guitar playing, if find it difficult to read tabs. And I really recommend all you guitarists to learn to play with notes. It's necessary when you start playing seriously..

Good Luck

Old Post Apr 9th, 2007 04:13 PM
vanice is currently offline Click here to Send vanice a Private Message Find more posts by vanice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nellinator
Crazy Canuck

Classical training is indespensible at higher levels I feel if you are working with a trained pianist or vocalist. Harmonizing and whatnot...

If you are all guitars tabs work fine and its a good way to start as you can learn faster and not get discouraged. I learned tabs first while slowly learning notes as I went.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2007 10:16 PM
Nellinator is currently offline Click here to Send Nellinator a Private Message Find more posts by Nellinator Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote