KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Varg Vikernes

Varg Vikernes
Started by: Bardiel13

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bardiel13
Elite Cannon Fodder

Varg Vikernes

I've always wondered what KMC thought of him. For those that do not know, he is a legendary black metal artist, responsible for the legendary black metal project, Burzum. He is quite possibly the most notorious and controversal icon in metal.
So tell me, Kriegkids of KMC, does the fact that Vikernes burned churches, murdered Euronymous, and supports racial purity, keep you from enjoying his music?

Old Post Dec 14th, 2007 09:46 PM
Bardiel13 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardiel13 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardiel13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nellinator
Crazy Canuck

No, his music prevents me from enjoying his music. Both Burzum and Mayhem along with 99% of the second wave of black metal are lame and pathetic both musically and ideologically.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2007 12:25 AM
Nellinator is currently offline Click here to Send Nellinator a Private Message Find more posts by Nellinator Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardiel13
Elite Cannon Fodder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nellinator
No, his music prevents me from enjoying his music. Both Burzum and Mayhem along with 99% of the second wave of black metal are lame and pathetic both musically and ideologically.

Eh, I'm not too wild about his music, either. I don't especially hate it and give it a listen once in a while, but wouldn't consider it one of my favorites. Considering Burzum's quite popular among metalheads, I assumed there had to be at least one guy that liked it.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2007 02:19 AM
Bardiel13 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardiel13 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardiel13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selphie
you teasing like you do

From what I've heard so far by Burzum(which isn't a lot), I like it.

riding high on love's true bluish light

Old Post Dec 15th, 2007 02:21 AM
Selphie is currently offline Click here to Send Selphie a Private Message Find more posts by Selphie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nellinator
Crazy Canuck

Originally posted by Bardiel13
Eh, I'm not too wild about his music, either. I don't especially hate it and give it a listen once in a while, but wouldn't consider it one of my favorites. Considering Burzum's quite popular among metalheads, I assumed there had to be at least one guy that liked it.
90% of metalheads I know hate Burzum, Mayhem, Gorgoroth, etc. because they're ideologies and what they are doing are in opposition to each other.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2007 10:34 AM
Nellinator is currently offline Click here to Send Nellinator a Private Message Find more posts by Nellinator Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardiel13
Elite Cannon Fodder

90% of metalheads I know hate Burzum, Mayhem, Gorgoroth, etc. because they're ideologies and what they are doing are in opposition to each other.

So there you have it. One of the major factors that prevents people from listening to black metal is it controversial themes. Personally, I'm not especially offended by bans using concepts like satanism and gore, but I'll sometimes have a slightly lower opinion on them, simply because of cliche-milking. Same goes with really religious bands. I hate getting preached at. That's why I listen to Orphaned Land big grin
And then there are black metal elitists that ONLY like bands like the ones above. I'm yet to meet one, though.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2007 03:33 PM
Nellinator
Crazy Canuck

Originally posted by Bardiel13
So there you have it. One of the major factors that prevents people from listening to black metal is it controversial themes. Personally, I'm not especially offended by bans using concepts like satanism and gore, but I'll sometimes have a slightly lower opinion on them, simply because of cliche-milking. Same goes with really religious bands. I hate getting preached at. That's why I listen to Orphaned Land big grin
And then there are black metal elitists that ONLY like bands like the ones above. I'm yet to meet one, though.
... No. That is not what I said at all. Those same 90% love black metal. In fact, some of them are stupidly in love with blasphemy. However, Burzum, Mayhem, Gorgoroth, etc. are not good music, their ideologies are incoherent and self-contradictory. They prefer bands like Sarcofago, Deathspell Omega, early Bathory, early Emperor, etc.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2007 08:15 PM
Bardiel13
Elite Cannon Fodder

... No. That is not what I said at all. Those same 90% love black metal. In fact, some of them are stupidly in love with blasphemy. However, Burzum, Mayhem, Gorgoroth, etc. are not good music, their ideologies are incoherent and self-contradictory. They prefer bands like Sarcofago, Deathspell Omega, early Bathory, early Emperor, etc.

I see. My mistake :P

Old Post Dec 15th, 2007 11:01 PM
Nellinator
Crazy Canuck

On second listen, Burzum, isn't as bad musically as I remembered, but still not really noteworthy imo.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2007 03:00 AM