KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » What do you listen to when you are in a bad mood?

What do you listen to when you are in a bad mood?
Started by: Dreampanther

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

What do you listen to when you are in a bad mood?

Do you rock? Do you rave? Do you foam at the mouth, smash the furniture and scream as loud as you can?

Or do you put calm, tranquil, mellow music on, to soothe the frowns of worry from your brow, sipping an iced tea and meditating on the sound of one hand clapping?

I tend to go the Nine Inch Nails / Trent Reznor route. I put on something aggressive, loud and fast - and then I turn the volume up. And then I turn it up some more. And then some more...

Stuff like KMFDM helps as well, but I have found in general rock tend to work better - headbanging, moshing, etc seem to alleviate my feelings more than just jumping up and down to something like "It's a Fine Day"...

So how about you?

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2008 01:23 PM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~Wålshy~
Restricted

Account Restricted

listen to some sex pistols and exploited when im angry

Thanks to That AC/DC Chick <3

Old Post Jan 24th, 2008 04:16 PM
~Wålshy~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Wålshy~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Wålshy~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selphie
you teasing like you do

Calm music typically pisses me off even more when I'm upset, so I usually listen to stuff like Panzerchrist when I'm upset.

riding high on love's true bluish light

Old Post Jan 24th, 2008 04:35 PM
Selphie is currently offline Click here to Send Selphie a Private Message Find more posts by Selphie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

The Who or Rage Against the Machine.

Odd.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2008 04:39 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pezmerga
Black Knight

I listen to whatever. usually more in depth stuff that draws me in and makes me forget about my being upset. Like Pink Floyd, Porcupine Tree, etc. Or something like Yes does the trick as well, Especially their really progressive tracks like Close to the Edge. It has it's calm moments but rocks out too.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2008 05:19 PM
Pezmerga is currently offline Click here to Send Pezmerga a Private Message Find more posts by Pezmerga Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Funkadelic

gangsta rap

It's an image worth pondering for a moment. Maybe, when you cut past the instrumental and songwriting virtuosity, the funny voices and characters, what is left is a man alone in his recording studio for days at a time.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2008 06:53 PM
Funkadelic is currently offline Click here to Send Funkadelic a Private Message Find more posts by Funkadelic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

When I'm angry and I want to calm down, I tend to listen to classical music and some jazz.

If I'm pissed off and I want to amplify my mood, I listen to metal bands like Machinehead, Pantera, Deicide, Sepultura.......basically anything loud and heavy.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jan 24th, 2008 07:20 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tempe Brennan
Bones

Within Temptation, no matter what the occasion.

Thanks Passione

Old Post Jan 24th, 2008 11:16 PM
Tempe Brennan is currently offline Click here to Send Tempe Brennan a Private Message Find more posts by Tempe Brennan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

Raised Fist. There is nothing better to vent frustration (especially when driving). Parkway Drive has a similar effect.

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Jan 26th, 2008 12:40 AM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

I take a fistful of pills and listen to Sonic Boom for hours and hours.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2008 03:37 AM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

It depends what's caused my bad mood.

"All morons hate it when you call them a moron." - Holden Caulfield

Old Post Jan 26th, 2008 06:50 PM
chillmeistergen is currently offline Click here to Send chillmeistergen a Private Message Find more posts by chillmeistergen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Papa Smurph
Restricted

Account Restricted

I listen to Hell Rell

Old Post Jan 26th, 2008 10:55 PM
Papa Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Papa Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Papa Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

punk

Old Post Jan 26th, 2008 11:13 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

My taste in music doesn't change no matter what mood I'm in. If I'm in a bad mood and I want to listen to music, I'll listen to whatever I'd listen to if I was in a good mood, sad mood, excited mood, whatever mood.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post Jan 26th, 2008 11:20 PM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

I usually listen to one of the following songs when I'm upset

- Far Behind by Candlebox

- High Enough by Damn Yankees

- Don't Go Away Mad by Motley Crue

- Over the Edge by L.A. Guns

When I'm angry, I listen to these songs in particular...

- Four Horsemen by Metallica

- Seek and Destroy by Metallica

- Peace Sells by Megadeth

Old Post Jan 26th, 2008 11:49 PM
Bat Dude is currently offline Click here to Send Bat Dude a Private Message Find more posts by Bat Dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manorastroman

beach boys, elliott smith, belle and sebastian, leonard cohen, slint

Old Post Jan 27th, 2008 01:46 AM
manorastroman is currently offline Click here to Send manorastroman a Private Message Find more posts by manorastroman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kram3r

quote: (post)
Originally posted by manorastroman
beach boys, elliott smith

Hahaha, you're a top ****.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2008 02:03 AM
Kram3r is currently offline Click here to Send Kram3r a Private Message Find more posts by Kram3r Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkinpark200

when im sad i listen to linkin parks in the end song

when im mad i listen to one step closer by linkin park

Old Post Jan 27th, 2008 04:11 AM
Linkinpark200 is currently offline Click here to Send Linkinpark200 a Private Message Find more posts by Linkinpark200 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Beastie Boys.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2008 05:48 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iKinneas
Black Swordsman

Rooftops by Lost Prophets for when I'm depressed. As for pissed... probably Free Bird. nothing tames the angry spirit like listening to a 15 minute song.

A person is very strong when he seeks to protect something. I'll expect a good fight. - Heathcliff, SAO 1:13

Old Post Jan 28th, 2008 05:41 PM
iKinneas is currently offline Click here to Send iKinneas a Private Message Find more posts by iKinneas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote