KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Best Star Wars death scene

Best Star Wars death scene
Started by: Creechuur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Creechuur
Ish Disturber

Best Star Wars death scene

What are your favorite death scenes from the movies or EU???

Chewbacca's death was unbelievable. The planet exploding, Han reaching out to him from the Falcon's ramp, and Chewie just letting out a defiant roar as the flames engulf him. He deserved to go out in a blaze of glory and he literally did.

That has been the only scene in the SW universe to bring tears to my eyes.

As for worst death scene, it would have to be that Ewok in RotJ. C'mon, we're supposed to feel sorry for ONE friggin Ewok after they just kicked the crap out of a squad of stormtroopers? No pity here, I'll tell you what. That forest shouldve been littered with furry carcasses after that fight. I don't hate Ewoks, it just makes more sense.

"Did Braveheart run away? Did Payback run away?"

Old Post Apr 30th, 2004 10:13 PM
Click here to Send Creechuur a Private Message Find more posts by Creechuur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spearhead
Prophet

I cried when Ton Phanan died in iron fist embarrasment sad he had been my favorite character (still is)

I'm a signature!

Old Post May 1st, 2004 01:50 AM
Click here to Send Spearhead a Private Message Find more posts by Spearhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Just an out of topic question: In which book does Chewbacca die? I have only read 15 SW books (including the original trilogy) and would like to read the one about his death. So which is it?

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post May 2nd, 2004 08:05 PM
Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Star Wars New Jedi Order: Vector Prime
and I haven't read Iron fist yet....I will someday thouugh...I have it

Old Post May 2nd, 2004 09:30 PM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creechuur
Ish Disturber

I'm not positive (its been awhile) but I think it was one of Zahn's latest, Spectre of the Past or something of the Future.

Bad memory, sorry.

Old Post May 2nd, 2004 11:03 PM
Click here to Send Creechuur a Private Message Find more posts by Creechuur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
QX100
Shadowtrooper

In Movies, it has to be Qui Gon Jinn

Old Post May 3rd, 2004 04:20 AM
Click here to Send QX100 a Private Message Find more posts by QX100 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Well Creechuur, I have read all the Zahn books (or so I think, I have read 5 Zahn books.) and Chewbacca didn't die in any of them.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post May 3rd, 2004 04:25 AM
Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dirty Vader

Vader's death

I know what you're thinking punk. You're thinking: "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, I've forgotten myself in all this excitement. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya punk?

Old Post May 3rd, 2004 05:55 AM
Click here to Send Dirty Vader a Private Message Find more posts by Dirty Vader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creechuur
Ish Disturber

OK, its probably one of the newer ones.

Old Post May 3rd, 2004 06:21 AM
tk-622

the emperors death

Old Post May 6th, 2004 11:34 PM
Click here to Send tk-622 a Private Message Find more posts by tk-622 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuTa

i agree with diry vader...i wanted luke to save vader from dying

Old Post May 7th, 2004 12:28 AM
Click here to Send wuTa a Private Message Find more posts by wuTa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bagels

The hardest one for me has got to be Anakin Solo's death. Then there was the death of Borsk Fey'lya, and I didn't know whether to laugh or to cry. wink

Old Post May 7th, 2004 07:23 AM
Click here to Send Bagels a Private Message Find more posts by Bagels Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creechuur
Ish Disturber

Bagels, those are two I'm not familiar with. I know Han and Leia's son, but remind me who Borsk is? And how did they both die?

Old Post May 7th, 2004 07:42 AM
Bagels

Borsk Fey'lya was the Chief of State of the New Republic in the NJO. Before the NJO, his character was already well established as one of the most disliked Bothans, but he has very high polotical positions. He died in the NJO same book that Anakin did, Star by Star.

Old Post May 7th, 2004 07:52 AM
Click here to Send Bagels a Private Message Find more posts by Bagels Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creechuur
Ish Disturber

Oh yeahhh, I remember that a$$hole Fey'lya. He was really well written, because I hated his guts. I knew there was a reason that name made me cringe, I just couldn't put a face to it, thanks. Still can't remember how Anakin Solo died though.

I just read a story in the Star Wars Tales comic about Vader taking out the Dark Lady. That was a good death scene, I stared at that page for a long time. Stepping on the flower as he walks away made it even worse, showed just how far Vader had fallen.

Old Post May 7th, 2004 08:28 AM
In§anE
Inmate of Arkham Asylum

I agree Anakin Solo..I always thought he would appear again somewhere

The Joker: Yes. But at least I don't take their kids' College Funds.

Old Post May 12th, 2004 07:36 PM
Click here to Send In§anE a Private Message Find more posts by In§anE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jodo kast
Restricted

Account Restricted

Angry

From the movies Darth.But from eu Boba because u dont know how he died.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2004 06:57 PM
Click here to Send Jodo kast a Private Message Find more posts by Jodo kast Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emmy Skywalker

Sleep

You guys don't know me but i'm reading Star By Star right now and I am so upset that they killed Anakin. I felt he was a younger Luke in a way.He was my favorite of all the children. First Chewie and now Anakin, who's next? Luke Skywalker himself? Maybe I'm taking this too hard, but I really thought that the force would save him or his sibblings or maybe even Lukeor Mara.
quote:
Always in motion is the future.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2005 11:02 PM
Click here to Send Emmy Skywalker a Private Message Find more posts by Emmy Skywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArthasKnight
Dark Lord of the Sith

I liked Obi-Wan's death in ANH, 'cause Luke almost died. big grin

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2005 11:06 PM
Click here to Send ArthasKnight a Private Message Find more posts by ArthasKnight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

My favorite was Darth Vader's in ROTJ...

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Mar 6th, 2005 01:45 AM
Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote