KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » EU Literature Discussion

EU Literature Discussion
Started by: .:Space Opera:.

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
HyperDream
Oh the hugemanitee!

EU Literature Discussion

I would really like to get involved in EU literature. So I ask: What are your favorite books and why? I like PQ stuff is there any good literature on this?

Old Post Jan 12th, 2005 04:40 PM
Click here to Send HyperDream a Private Message Find more posts by HyperDream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

I believe the standard responce would be the Heir of the Empire-trilogy smile

Old Post Jan 12th, 2005 05:21 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

Well, here's a list of my favourites, (sans the Heir to the Empire Trilogy because yerssot mentioned it):
Splinter of the Mind's Eye - A look at the original sequel to Star Wars, and a look at the inspirations for planets, peoples, and plot twists throughout the rest of the movie series.
Tales of the Bounty Hunters - Short, simple, and fun.
Shadow's of the Empire - Action-packed, somewhat cryptic, and somewhat disturbing (sexually).
Spectre of the Past, & Vision of the Future - By Zahn, a follow up on the Heir to the Empire Trilogy, with a twisting and a cryptic plot-line.
Vector Prime - Sad. Chewie dies, Republic invaded. *Cries*
Star by Star - A Solo child dies. *Cries*

That's about it.....atleast, those are my FAVOURITES out of the entire EU....

Old Post Jan 12th, 2005 06:52 PM
Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

how can you like SOTME??? that last action-sequence is SO unbelievable!

Old Post Jan 12th, 2005 06:54 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

Meh.
Lucas used a bunch of ideas from it, (Mimban = Dagobah minus the Kaiburr crystal; Vader loosing arm; etc....)....
stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 12th, 2005 07:09 PM
Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HyperDream
Oh the hugemanitee!

are any of those prequel era?

Old Post Jan 12th, 2005 07:56 PM
Click here to Send HyperDream a Private Message Find more posts by HyperDream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

Nope. I haven't really read a good prequel-era book, 'cept Rogue Planet and that one with MAce.....

Old Post Jan 12th, 2005 07:59 PM
yerssot

he already had it before Splinter, though MCJ stick out tongue

SO... the prequel era, is mostly seperate books though, you might wanna check the bookstore, there are some Clone War Novels out now

Old Post Jan 12th, 2005 08:05 PM
The Rover

He did? Yeah, my @$$, he just want's all the fame for Star Wars....

Anyways....

Old Post Jan 12th, 2005 08:10 PM
yerssot

he did create it though

Old Post Jan 12th, 2005 08:19 PM
The Rover

Yeah, but he never seems to give credit to ANYONE else. HE thought of this. HE thought of that. Etc., etc.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2005 08:23 PM
yerssot

and HE got the money wink

Old Post Jan 12th, 2005 08:27 PM
The Rover

It all comes full circle....stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 12th, 2005 08:28 PM
HyperDream
Oh the hugemanitee!

and HE created that DAMN hyperspace!

Old Post Jan 12th, 2005 08:42 PM
The Rover

stick out tongue
I HATE hyperspace....

Old Post Jan 12th, 2005 08:48 PM
HyperDream
Oh the hugemanitee!

money maker/raper

Old Post Jan 12th, 2005 08:58 PM
The Rover

Lol.....

RANDOM QUOTE:
"We're going to die, damn it! I don't want to die!"
Luke looked at him long and hard, and he said softly: "No one wants to die, Ruu, but it is our destiny-each of us. If the Republic is to live-then we must die, and fade, and the Force must become but a whisper to the ear of the citizen."

Old Post Jan 12th, 2005 09:02 PM
Spearhead
Prophet

The Thrawn Trilogy and the little Thrawn Clone duology are great reads, as is the entire X-Wing series (except maybe the last one...it's kinda weird). The Bounty Hunter series is pretty decent, might I add, but the style in which they're written is...well, weird. It's hard to explain.

I try to avoid the Yuuzhan Vong (sp?) stuff, it's really absurd if you think about it.

I'm a signature!

Old Post Jan 12th, 2005 10:53 PM
Click here to Send Spearhead a Private Message Find more posts by Spearhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

K.W. Jeter ruined those characters.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2005 12:42 AM
smoker4
Me name be Leon

SOTE is good, splinter not so good or better yet crap, bounty hunter wars was good(better when boba fett was a mystery), i never liked him going out like that in ROTJ.. Zahn's book are probably the best although andersons stuff isnt bad either!

Yuuzhan Vong is lame

F**k you Loggins

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 11:47 PM
Click here to Send smoker4 a Private Message Find more posts by smoker4 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote