KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » clones and storm troopers

clones and storm troopers
Started by: PRINCE XIZOR

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
MYSTICAL BEING
The Paladin Ninja

clones and storm troopers

the other day i read a forum discussing when the clones became stormtroopers. it was closed saying that lucas said clones and storm troopers are the same. i cant accept this as there are many stories after rotj with the emporer dead so they are hardly gonna be produced still, and they die 2x as fast as a normal human due to growth acceleration.
also i hav read a story about a stormtrooper called davin felth, he wasnt a clone.

Old Post May 29th, 2005 07:07 PM
Click here to Send MYSTICAL BEING a Private Message Find more posts by MYSTICAL BEING Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

Most logical explanation that seems to work for EU is that some were clones and some were recruited.

By the time of ANH, ESB, ROTJ most of the stormtroopers were probably recruits... If growth acceleration still works then they would be dead around that time anyway

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post May 29th, 2005 07:10 PM
Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slay
Skyhighatrist

Your safety leans on our protection,can't you see this lies on the tabletop?
tuhtuhtuhutuii
uwuuhhhuuu

Everybody's gone to the Party have a real good timeeemmeee.

Old Post May 29th, 2005 07:11 PM
Click here to Send Slay a Private Message Find more posts by Slay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

What?

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post May 29th, 2005 07:12 PM
Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slay
Skyhighatrist

B.Y.O.B. Song from Mezmerize New System of a Down album.
Don't have a idea what it means or why i typed it.

Old Post May 29th, 2005 07:15 PM
Click here to Send Slay a Private Message Find more posts by Slay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MYSTICAL BEING
The Paladin Ninja

yeah, what?

Old Post May 29th, 2005 07:15 PM
Click here to Send MYSTICAL BEING a Private Message Find more posts by MYSTICAL BEING Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MYSTICAL BEING
The Paladin Ninja

ok thanks for that

Old Post May 29th, 2005 07:16 PM
Slay
Skyhighatrist

Yeah,Sorry i'm kinda high.

Old Post May 29th, 2005 07:17 PM
MYSTICAL BEING
The Paladin Ninja

too many death sticks?

Old Post May 29th, 2005 07:19 PM
Slay
Skyhighatrist

No i told that dealer he din't wanted to sell me deathsticks.

Old Post May 29th, 2005 07:22 PM
MYSTICAL BEING
The Paladin Ninja

did he sell you rhyll? or 'spice?'

Old Post May 29th, 2005 07:28 PM
Slay
Skyhighatrist

He didn't sell me nothing,i'm sticking to earth stuff i ya know what i mean.heheehe

Old Post May 29th, 2005 07:30 PM
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

I read that some were recruited and some were cloned from NUMEROUS cloning sources, but not Jango clones during the OT time.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post May 29th, 2005 07:45 PM
Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slay
Skyhighatrist

Not funny,drugs.Sticking,stuff?

Old Post May 29th, 2005 07:46 PM
MYSTICAL BEING
The Paladin Ninja

ive had enuff of drugs now, take it to the drugs forum

Old Post May 29th, 2005 07:53 PM
MYSTICAL BEING
The Paladin Ninja

what about the imperial officers? i know some like tarkin and captain lorth needa were in ep 3 and on? were any of them cloned for the old trilogy?

Old Post May 29th, 2005 07:56 PM
Slay
Skyhighatrist

Is there a drugs forum?Is that next to the brothel forum.I think i was there once.Yeah i saw Kun there too.

Old Post May 29th, 2005 07:56 PM
MYSTICAL BEING
The Paladin Ninja

i duno. enuff with drugs

Old Post May 29th, 2005 07:57 PM
Slay
Skyhighatrist

Jep.How bout alcohol now?

Old Post May 29th, 2005 08:00 PM
SixOfTwelve
Blue Elephant Muppet

I know the thread has sorta gone off the topic, but this is what I gathered from the films and the history of their different editions.

In AOTC, Jango was established as the source for the Clone Troopers, and Boba was seen to be Jango's clone.

In the DVD edition of TESB, Boba Fett's voice was redone by Temuera Morrison, the actor who played Jango, to create continuity.

HOWEVER: The stormtroopers' voices were NOT redone, there are still stormtroopers of various sizes and varying voices.

My conclusion: If GL had wanted the OT stormtroopers to be clones, he would at least have redubbed the voices.

HOWEVER, part II: In the commentary to AOTC, Lucas says he had Jango bump his head on purpose and jokes about the trait getting cloned into the stormtroopers, since some keep bumping their heads into doors in ANH. Now genetically, this is rubbish, but it does lead me to a few possible revised conclusions.

Conclusion A: Some clones are still around - possibly some were created without growth acceleration after the rise of the Empire - but the majority of stormtroopers consist of normal soldiers. The ones who bump their heads in ANH are clones, clumsy or both.

Conclusion B: All stormtroopers are clones, and George Lucas was too lazy to have them fixed for the DVD release.

Conclusion C: There are no more clones. The head bumping gag is a silly joke and can be ignored.

I'm leaning towards C most days, with a dash of A on some of my weirder days. Which brings us nicely back to the topic of drugs. Carry on.

Old Post May 29th, 2005 09:16 PM
Click here to Send SixOfTwelve a Private Message Find more posts by SixOfTwelve Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote