KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Plagueis and Anakin

Plagueis and Anakin
Started by: DrDoom101

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
General Kon-El
Last Son of the Sith

Plagueis and Anakin

Sorry, if this was brought up in books before, but

Why did Plagueis create Anakin if he was meant to destroy the Sith? I mean the prophecy said that Anakin would bring balance to the Force by eliminating the Sith, but it was Plagueis who created him. Or was the prophecy misread?

Last edited by General Kon-El on Nov 1st, 2005 at 12:53 AM

Old Post Nov 1st, 2005 12:51 AM
Click here to Send General Kon-El a Private Message Find more posts by General Kon-El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Se7in

Perhaps Plagueis didn't know of the prophecy. Anakin did bring balance back to the Force, but you have a good question. Maybe he thought the prophecy was fake or didn't believe it.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2005 12:52 AM
Click here to Send Se7in a Private Message Find more posts by Se7in Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kon-El
Last Son of the Sith

Where's Deus Ex? anyway, i got the idea from Glentract's question. Why did Plagueis create Anakin again?

Old Post Nov 1st, 2005 12:54 AM
Click here to Send General Kon-El a Private Message Find more posts by General Kon-El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

The prophecy is probably bull perpetuated by the jedi so that they -would- accept Anakin into their ranks.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2005 01:21 AM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Re: Plagueis and Anakin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DrDoom101
Sorry, if this was brought up in books before, but

Why did Plagueis create Anakin if he was meant to destroy the Sith? I mean the prophecy said that Anakin would bring balance to the Force by eliminating the Sith, but it was Plagueis who created him. Or was the prophecy misread?

Didn't Plagueis NOT create Anakin?

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Nov 1st, 2005 01:36 AM
Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Again, the whole "GL leaving the audience in the dark on purpose." We don't know if Plagueis created him or not.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2005 01:36 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kon-El
Last Son of the Sith

i thought he manipulated the midi-chlorians for Shmi to have anakin

Old Post Nov 1st, 2005 01:59 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

GL stated in an interview that he purposely has left that plot-hole a mystery.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2005 02:00 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

Many things point to Plagueis creating Anakin, but it isn't known for sure.

Se7in, the Sith did know about the prophecy. They referred to him as the Sith'ari.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2005 04:45 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kon-El
Last Son of the Sith

Then why did they create him?

Old Post Nov 1st, 2005 05:24 AM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Actually, I don't recall Sith'ari from anything but dubious sources. And the definition of the Sith'ari is a Sith who brings balance and furthers the ambitions of the Sith (Which is a contradiction to me) and in doing so will annihilate most of the Jedi and Sith. I suppose Anakin fits this line up.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2005 05:34 AM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Remember that although the audience is informed by GL on what the Prophecy means, the protagonists and antagonists in the story are not sure at all.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Nov 1st, 2005 08:51 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smoker Stevens
Marihuana Smuggler

"protagonists and antagonists"
never heard those words before

Old Post Nov 1st, 2005 03:14 PM
Click here to Send Smoker Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Smoker Stevens Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Protagonists are heroes, etc.

Antagonists are not heroes or juxtaposed to them.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2005 03:22 PM
Smoker Stevens
Marihuana Smuggler

ok thx

Old Post Nov 1st, 2005 03:46 PM
Click here to Send Smoker Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Smoker Stevens Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
overlord
OD'd

George Lucas probably quickly made the Plageius thing up before making episode III, I don't think he even gives a damn why or if this guy even created Anakin.

backwards, forwards, backwards, forwards

Old Post Nov 1st, 2005 03:48 PM
Click here to Send overlord a Private Message Find more posts by overlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Originally posted by overlord
George Lucas probably quickly made the Plageius thing up before making episode III, I don't think he even gives a damn why or if this guy even created Anakin.

This is probably true.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2005 03:55 PM
Smoker Stevens
Marihuana Smuggler

some months before ROTS I found a page with history of the jedi and sith. It was on the site of SuperShadow so I thought. It was just all bullshit. But there was 1 part which told about plagieus, who was Sidious master and was killed by him in his sleep. I was suprised to hear the same story in ROTS. So maybe George Lucas used a SS story!

Old Post Nov 1st, 2005 05:06 PM
Nai
Advocatus Diaboli

Well...

The "Sith'ari" is at least mentioned in KotoR while Revan is at the Academy on Korriban.

About the "chosen one" and the prophecy: Since I have the ROTS DVD + a nice bonus DVD. There is a feature on the Bonus DVD talking about the "Chosen One".

Lucas doesn't mention where Anakin really did come from (if he was just conceived by midi-chlorians or "created" by Plagueis - that's just speculation) but he directly states that Anakin is the Chosen One and still is the Chosen One when he becomes Vader and finally he fullfils the prophecy by killing the Emperor (thereby ending the Sith). So the prophecy was right and the Chosen One did what he should have done according to the prophecy.

If Plagueis really created Anakin then he probably wanted to create the "Sith'ari" who should be the most powerful being the Galaxy has ever seen (which would have happened if Anakin had ever reached his full potential) and making the Sith Order more powerful than it ever was.

Basically the "Sith'ari" prophecy and the "Chosen One" prophecy can be seen as interpretation of the same "basic prophecy" by the Sith and the Jedi. The "Sith'ari" prophecy would have been fulfilled if Anakin would have joined the Dark Side without losing all of his limbs while the "Chosen One" prophecy is the one that was fullfilled in the end.

"Dear God, what is it like in your funny little brains?"

Old Post Nov 1st, 2005 05:47 PM
Click here to Send Nai a Private Message Find more posts by Nai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
overlord
OD'd

Originally posted by henniestevens
some months before ROTS I found a page with history of the jedi and sith. It was on the site of SuperShadow so I thought. It was just all bullshit. But there was 1 part which told about plagieus, who was Sidious master and was killed by him in his sleep. I was suprised to hear the same story in ROTS. So maybe George Lucas used a SS story!

lol Don't worry, that piece of shit supershadow just went through all the spoilers, he even lined out the basic plot summary before it was released.

backwards, forwards, backwards, forwards

Old Post Nov 1st, 2005 05:49 PM
Click here to Send overlord a Private Message Find more posts by overlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote