KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Top Ten Favorite Characters.... with a twist!

Top Ten Favorite Characters.... with a twist!
Started by: SnakeEyes

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Top Ten Favorite Characters.... with a twist!

Alright, well I wanted to start a thread with a definitive list of peoples' favorite characters.

So, I want people to post their top tens, but also do the following: give a couple of reasons for each character, their defining moment (in your opinion, ie: the moment that made you think, "man, I really like this character"), and anything else that could enhance your list. I want people to feel free to pick characters from EU and the movies. Everything.

Anyway, have fun!

I'll post mine a bit later.

cool

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Sep 21st, 2006 04:40 PM
Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blax XXX
Restricted

Account Restricted

1. Ulic Quel-Droma. His story and journey was so unbelievably touching and interesting.
2. Darth Bane. He is the epitome of badassness.
3. Quinlan Vos. He's a real badass in the EU.
4. Mace Windu. SLJ.
5. Darth Zannah/Tholme.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2006 06:45 PM
Click here to Send Blax XXX a Private Message Find more posts by Blax XXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-kV-
[:::::{============)

1.) Quinlan Vos
2.) Obi-Wan Kenobi
3.) Yoda
4.) Revan

BlackZero30x created this a-'Maize'-ing signature! =)

Old Post Sep 21st, 2006 08:07 PM
Click here to Send -kV- a Private Message Find more posts by -kV- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lighthammer
Colonial Marine

1. Arvel Crynyd. His war cry as he plows through the Executor's bridge.
2. Aayla Secura. Twilek, Jedi, hot. Do I need to say more?
3. Voort Sabinrig. Just found it interesting for there to be a Gamorrean fighter pilot.
4. Wes Janson. Humor and piloting skill.
5. Biggs Darklighter. Without him flying cover, Luke would never have got the Death Star shot off.
6. Mace Windu. Badass!
7. Han Solo. He shot first.
8. Wedge Antilles. Cause he is a CAP(Corellian Ace Pilot)
9. Kit Fisto. Used a lightwip.
10. Jek Porkins. The name.

From the b***s of Hancock's junior's to the shores of misery, we will curse our country's leaders cross the stars on land and sea, first to fight the distant corporate wars, spill our blood for a sheaf of green, we will do or die, we ask not why cuz we're colonial marines!

Old Post Sep 21st, 2006 08:30 PM
Click here to Send Lighthammer a Private Message Find more posts by Lighthammer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

1.) Han Solo, witty wiseguy.
2.) Vader, menacing badass.
3.) Palaptine, manipulative, cunniving, machiavellian evil bastard.
4.) Obi-Wan, generally a cool guy.
5.) Mace Windu, Samuel L. Jackson.
6.) Revan, everything he's done, and you never see his face or hear his voice.
7.) Yoda, knew they had to destroy the Sith, not negotiate.
8.) Tarkin, another cruel, cold, calculating evil bastard.
9.) Maxmillan Veers, calm, decisive.
10.) Maul, few words, total badass Sith.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2006 12:09 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kaos sebaceous

1.mace blackest jedi on the jedi council
2.ben-cause hes old and still whips ass and hes an alchoholic
3.darth maul-zabraks look cool expecially when there sith
4.yoda-he short and green
5.luke skywalker-hes not a pussy like his dad

Thanks to The Grey Fox

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2006 01:40 AM
Click here to Send Kaos sebaceous a Private Message Find more posts by Kaos sebaceous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rampant ox

1. Count Dooku - Lol, there are so many reasons. The main one would have to be Christopher Lee, he made the character awesome. I also love how he continuously pwned Obi-wan, his killer voice, his classy attitude and his cape.

2. Qui-Gon - Apprentice to Dooku and was a cool character to watch on screen. I also have alot of respect for Liam as an actor.

3. Obi-wan - Apprentice to the apprentice of Dooku. His crappy sense of humour was funny and I enjoyed watching him progress throughout the saga.

4. Jango fett - Dooku's personal bodyguard. He has awesome armour and imo was a better, more elegant version of Boba.

5. Grand Moff Tarkin - An awesome villan, probably the OT's equivalent of the Count. He was cocky, powerful and ruthless and it was a shame to kill him off in ANH. Peter Cushing was also a great actor.

6. Ki-Adi-Mundi - The only jedi I felt emotion for during Order 66. I also loved his line "He is a political idealist, not a murderer".

7. Nute Gunray - Lol, I dunno why I like him. He was in league with our favourite Count and had the attitude of a rich yet cowardly businessman. His hatred of Padme is also interesting to watch.

8. Bail Organa - I dunno why I like him either. He was just an interesting character, he had political influence like Dooku and helped start the Rebellion.

9. Chewbacca - "Because droids dont usually pull peoples arms out of their sockets when they lose"

10. General Greivous - Apprentice to the Count, had an awesome name, looked awesome and was generally an awesome character. I think he needed some more character development in the movies though.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2006 05:34 AM
Click here to Send Rampant ox a Private Message Find more posts by Rampant ox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

Rampant, did your post have something to do with Count Dooku? I just got that feeling............

Necessity is the mother of inventions.
(Don't be a pig, get an Icejaw sig.)

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2006 09:12 AM
Click here to Send kamikz a Private Message Find more posts by kamikz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rampant ox

quote: (post)
Originally posted by kamikz
Rampant, did your post have something to do with Count Dooku? I just got that feeling............

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2006 09:19 AM
Click here to Send Rampant ox a Private Message Find more posts by Rampant ox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Council#13
The Omega Male

Nope, I don't think he mentioned the Count at all! Rampant's losing his style!!!!

1. Count Dooku- ultra cool. Extreme duelist. Extreme strategist. Extreme Force User. Extreme everything
2. Obi-Wan- cool, controlled, and nearly unstoppable
3. Saesee Tiin- I saw him on the cover of a book once and thought he was neat
4. Mace Windu- cool dude. Master of Vaapad. Purple lightsaber. Only person to beat Palaptine
5. Kit Fisto- really neat in Cestus Deception.
6. Aayla Secura- sexy, brilliant, and a relatively good fighter. Kinda dominates the Clone Wars comics
7. Sora Bulq- awesome. Legendary fighter. Rivaled Mace Windu
8. Yoda- cool little man. Size matters not. Powerful in the Force and with the lightsaber
9. Darth Vader (at the time of his death)- saved his son even though it meant sacraficing himself.
10. Coleman Trebor- attempted to kill Count Dooku even though he knew Dooku was far better than him.

I can't fit Palpatine and many others in my list, but you get the idea!

"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one." -Dr. Seuss

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2006 09:27 AM
Click here to Send Council#13 a Private Message Find more posts by Council#13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blax XXX
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ooh, sexy

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2006 07:04 PM
Click here to Send Blax XXX a Private Message Find more posts by Blax XXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tommy Sanchez
~Da Man~

1. Quinlan Vos-coolest character in star wars, he's cold, powerful, got style
2. Darth Revan-did incredible things, incredibly powerful, cool outfit, awesome character
3. Anakin Skywalker-this guy is just so cool. i like his style and the way he is and talks. he kicksass
3. Darth Maul-he was aaawesome, hes outfit is incredible, zabrak-dark-sider makes him so cool.
4. Yoda-he simply kicks everyones ass. hes awesome and one of the most powerful jedi ever
4. Obi-Wan-cool guy, funny, powerful, wise.
5. Qui-Gon-i admire him, he just like so great.

i cant think of anyother favourite character maybe later ill come up with the others

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2006 10:25 PM
Click here to Send Tommy Sanchez a Private Message Find more posts by Tommy Sanchez Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Velkyn

1 Han Solo - Sarcasm under fire, always finds or creates trouble, beyond all this turned down payment to bail out Luke
2 Yoda - Wise enough to act like a fool to throw off Luke at Dagobah.. "Mine! Mine!" plus he pwned two of Palp's guards by waving his hand
3 Mace Windu - Got through Palps before Anakin betrayed him, plus SLJ made him that much cooler.
4 Obi Wan - Was just an old man to me before he jumped out of those speeders in AoTC, and continued the fire in RoTS, even avoiding Order 66
5 Count Dooku - One of the more fleshed out evil characters in the movies, despite all the Anakin/Vader backstory, Dooku seemed to be more in control of situations
6 Darth Vader - He choked someone via the commscreen, what more do you want? Definately a good excuse to have caller id if you are an Imperial Officer...
7 Princess Leia - While Mon Mothma might have been in charge, Leia was in action, despite her position, and going into Jabba's den of inequity to free Han... That showed she still had guts.
8 Qui-Gon - First (based on timeline) to fold his saber and accept his fate to become one with the force, Something even Yoda was unaware of at the time.
9 Darth Maul - While Darth Vader was evil when we first saw him back in the day, Dart Maul's look raised the bar considerably, plus the sabrestaff and his martial skills were awesome to watch.
and from left field...
10 R2-D2 - Man! I wanted one of those after watching the movie... Plus from C-3P0's lines, you could tell he was giving him hell even though you never understood the bleeps and whirrs he made. He was the rebellion's skeleton key in a pinch, and how many times was he shot?

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2006 03:44 AM
Click here to Send Velkyn a Private Message Find more posts by Velkyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Lord Windu

Originally posted by Rampant ox
6. Ki-Adi-Mundi - The only jedi I felt emotion for during Order 66. I also loved his line "He is a political idealist, not a murderer".

during order 66? he was killed before. his line? in the novel of episode 2? mace says that line during the movie.

anyways

1. Mace. SLJ plays him, uses a violet lightsaber, uses the (IMO) best form, beats palp. need i say more?

2. anakin/ vader (pre-suit). proberly vader before the suit as i could relate to him about being confuse and felling betrayed by the people closest to him, about losing the one love he had, about losing control to anger.

3. palp'. outwitted the jedi at every turn, killes 2 in about 3 seconds and another in about 10 secs in his office, skilled in the force, awsome duelist.

4. yoda. wise, paitent, looks cool fighting, powerful, stops lightning with bare hands.

5. quinlan. hes the first eu character that seemed real to me.

6. maul. awsome duelist, looks cool, silent during fights.

7. han solo. has common sense, witty.

8. luke skywalker. saved the jedi order, becomes imensly powerful.

9. darth vader. people who haven even seen SW know who he is, the ultimate badass.

10. dooku. charasmatic, CL plays him, skilled duelist, only 10 because he is nieve (sp?) for thinking that he wont be betrayed as a sth.

Last edited by Sith Lord Windu on Sep 24th, 2006 at 01:04 AM

Old Post Sep 24th, 2006 12:51 AM
Click here to Send Sith Lord Windu a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Lord Windu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rampant ox

Originally posted by Sith Lord Windu
during order 66? he was killed before. his line? in the novel of episode 2? mace says that line during the movie.

Wtf. I can assure you he was killed during Order 66 and I just checked the movie and it was Mundi that said it - not Mace.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2006 12:55 AM
Lighthammer
Colonial Marine

Yeah Rampt' rght. Mudi was killed on Mygeeto during 66.

From the b***s of Hancock's junior's to the shores of misery, we will curse our country's leaders cross the stars on land and sea, first to fight the distant corporate wars, spill our blood for a sheaf of green, we will do or die, we ask not why cuz we're colonial marines!

Old Post Sep 24th, 2006 06:16 PM
Click here to Send Lighthammer a Private Message Find more posts by Lighthammer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Han Solo - one of the best anti-hero turned hero's around, such a loathable yet charming guy.

Obi-Wan (both eras) - the epitomy of the old wizard, not to sound cliche'd but a textbook example.

Revan - the whole "to become the galaxies hero required him to become its greatest enemy" line is great.

Chewie - just look at the guy!

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Sep 24th, 2006 10:02 PM
Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Subjekt
The beginning of the end.

This might seem cliche, but i don't give a damn, lol...

1. Vader - IMO he's what made SW what it was when it came out. So cool, calm, collected on the surface, but will kill you at the drop of a hat.

2. - Anakin Skywalker - Such a pure-hearted kid who, with good in mind, becomes the most evil bastard around.

3. Han Solo - for all reasons stated above.

4. Yoda - the way he explains the force in ESB is classic and shows he is one of the truest ones in the saga.

5. Palps - Oh man, where do I begin? his patience to obtain what he wanted, and nearly succeeded.

6. Leia - gold bikini

7. Jango Fett - all around badass, and taught his boy enough to fill his shoes.

8. Padme - and no joke, thru all the bullshit, she stayed by her man and knew there was still good in him. Shes the down ass chick every man needs...and she's hot angel

9. Qui Gon - I think had he trained Anakin, he never would have turned. i think he's the ONLY one who truly believed in Anakin and gave him respect, to include padme to a point.

10. OB1 - He would have been higher on the list if i never saw the PT, i loved him in the OT, and i thought he was a duesh in the PT until ep3.

had leia never wore that bikini, Dooku may have been on the bottom, as much as Ox makes me hate him ( stick out tongue ) he wasn't too bad. And he did have a DOPE ass lightsaber.

Thanks to Advent for the Sig!

Old Post Sep 25th, 2006 01:53 AM
Click here to Send Darth Subjekt a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Subjekt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stun
"Adios Satipo"

1. Anakin/Vader - his rise, fall and redemption the most intriguing part of the saga

2. Han Solo - Harrison Ford's finest role. He also had some of the best lines.

3. Obi-Wan Kenobi - Alec Guiness and Ewan McGregor gave the character so much depth, although Alec stole the showstick out tongue

4. Palpatine - Brilliantly portrayed by Ian from start to finish.

5. Artoo/Threepio - The best onscreen double-act.

6. Grand Moff Tarkin - Although a somewhat brief appearance in the saga, he still remains one of my best loved villains. Cushing Rules!

7. Luke Skywalker - His whole destiny amongst the stars, dreams of adventure, finding his true heritage, then finally redeeming his father whilst avoiding the temptations of the dark side - classic

8. Darth Maul - he looks awesome. end oflaughing out loud

9. Revan - I only just this minute found out the huge twist in KotOR - yeh so i started late, but what a character!

10. Boba Fett - Everyone's favourite Bounty Hunter!

Old Post Sep 26th, 2006 02:56 AM
Click here to Send Stun a Private Message Find more posts by Stun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lord griffin
frikan sweet

smokin'

1. Yoda- he is a wise, powerful and so thigh

2. Revan- once I saw him in the cave in kotor 2, how cool he looked plus I already new he was a champ, I new he was my favorite character.

3. Mandalor- he is the biggest champ/beast in the games. He kicks ass!

4. Darth maul- he was a pimp and the spikes on him were thigh

5. Exar Kun- he rapes all

6. Mace Windu-he brings kills all with this violet sabers

7. Darth Nihilus- he is pretty good, he can devourer planets. How many sith can do that

8. anakin/ vader- you gosta have him he is just a well rounded important character

9. OB1- heis a wise and strong person

10. General Greivous- he is the champest bot out there

smokin'

Old Post Sep 26th, 2006 05:55 AM
Click here to Send lord griffin a Private Message Find more posts by lord griffin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote