KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » How come Fable Astin never Met Luke Skywalker?

How come Fable Astin never Met Luke Skywalker?
Started by: Darth Scythe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Scythe
Wheres my grape drink?

How come Fable Astin never Met Luke Skywalker?

This is what gets me about the all the stupid canon and continuity mistakes in the SW universe. This was a full fledged Jedi Knight in the rebellion and you'd think Luke would have known about her or vice versa. With all the talk about Luke being the last Jedi or the last hope I find it all lame that the rebellion just happened to have spare Jedi running around yet you'd only ever hear about Luke. Especially since Luke was desperate to meet other Jedi to learn from and build the ranks back up with.

Honestly, it doesn't say anywhere they DIDN'T meet but come on. Luke went ape shit when he met some weak ass Ysanna tribals on Ossus. Him teaming up with other Jedi during the Rebellion would have helped alot. But from those wack short stories, it seems the Fable Astin was pretty weak anyways.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2007 10:25 PM
Click here to Send Darth Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Must be said, she's not all that well-known, she seems to have joined the Rebellion after Luke, and...come on, it's out of continuity with Lucas's things, as always! Stupid Jedi surviving Order 66 other than Kenobi and Yoda...

Not to mention we don't know her fate. She could have died before Luke met her. The Rebellion, until they started to be more militant and organized against the Empire, usually kept their cells apart.

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Last edited by Bespin Bart on Sep 8th, 2007 at 04:35 PM

Old Post Sep 8th, 2007 04:32 PM
Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Count Makashi
Count Dookus number 1 fan

You know whats even more weird, how come Obi-Wan never met Dooku before AOTC, whats up with that.

General G made this sig, but i am going to keep annoying him.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2007 07:44 PM
Click here to Send Count Makashi a Private Message Find more posts by Count Makashi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Dooku seemed rather reclusive as a Jedi, from what I can tell.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2007 05:46 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GenomeFrozener
The Last Boss

That's true.

Oh yeah! SUCK MY...duck?

Old Post Oct 8th, 2007 02:47 PM
Click here to Send GenomeFrozener a Private Message Find more posts by GenomeFrozener Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Indeed. Not to mention that there were 10,000 Jedi at the time. It's a safe bet that they did not all know each other personally.

Kenobi's connection to him would increase the odds, but I'm sure Jinn felt no need to go "Oh, this is Dooku, my old Master!" and Dooku left shortly after Jinn's death.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2007 06:23 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Count Makashi
Count Dookus number 1 fan

Butt still, Qui-Gon was Dookus Apprentice, he could have at least introduce Kenobi to him, usually Masters and their Padawans stay close, even after the Apprentice, completes his trials.
They could have at least accidentally meet in a hallway in the Temple, and start to chit chat.

General G made this sig, but i am going to keep annoying him.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2007 06:34 PM
Click here to Send Count Makashi a Private Message Find more posts by Count Makashi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Csdabest

Dooku melested Qui-gon. Qui purposely used precog to avoid Dooku in the hall way

Be smart, and use corrective grammar, so you don;t sound like a complete jackass."

In the Great words of Shao Khaun
"YOU HAVE FAAAIIILLLLED!!!!!!!!"

Old Post Oct 16th, 2007 04:47 AM
Click here to Send Csdabest a Private Message Find more posts by Csdabest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote