KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » MMORPG based on Kotor

MMORPG based on Kotor
Started by: Darth Hord

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Elite Hunter

MMORPG based on Kotor

It will be made by Bioware and here is the article it is not much though.Hopefully they will make an official announcement soon.
http://www.primotechnology.com/2007...kotor-universe/

Old Post Oct 26th, 2007 11:42 PM
Click here to Send Elite Hunter a Private Message Find more posts by Elite Hunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

If this turns out to be true- and lets not jump the gun yet- then my thoughts on this are already on record.

Which is that despite some of my issues with KOTOR, it is a MUCH better setting for an MMORPG than galaxies is or ever will be. Everyone can be Jedi or Sith as much as they like.

In many ways it might be a better MMORPG setting than it was RPG setting- my worst nightmare will be if they bring the morality system across. Sod that, make a Jedi or a Sith (or at least good guy or bad guy) and run with it.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Oct 27th, 2007 12:40 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Melkor

I wonder how would they threat the Sith hierarchy....

Yet the lies that Melkor, the mighty and accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days.

"… his name is Melkor, Lord of All, Giver of Freedeom, and he shall make you stronger than they."
Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Old Post Oct 27th, 2007 12:45 AM
Click here to Send Lord Melkor a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Melkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Would let Galaxies be free of the Jedi problem, just rumours though.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Oct 27th, 2007 12:53 AM
Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Melkor

Everybody would want to play the Sith anyway....

Yet the lies that Melkor, the mighty and accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days.

"… his name is Melkor, Lord of All, Giver of Freedeom, and he shall make you stronger than they."
Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Old Post Oct 27th, 2007 01:04 AM
Click here to Send Lord Melkor a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Melkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elite Hunter

If it does get announced then i think it could be a better game then star wars galaxies. But it does bring up the question about what is going to happen to kotor 3 doesn't it. Hopefully they have seperate teams working on each game. If this turns out to be true.

Last edited by Elite Hunter on Oct 27th, 2007 at 01:19 AM

Old Post Oct 27th, 2007 01:17 AM
Click here to Send Elite Hunter a Private Message Find more posts by Elite Hunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think it may be good. I like the KOTOR games, and like some MMORPGs.

PYRON WOULD WIPE THE FLOOR WITH STORM LULZ!

Old Post Oct 27th, 2007 03:19 AM
Click here to Send Violent2Dope a Private Message Find more posts by Violent2Dope Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lord Melkor
Everybody would want to play the Sith anyway....

Not so sure about that, actually. I think the average gaming instinct is to play the good guy.

What we WILL get are a lot of Light Siders saying "Yeah, I'm on the Light Side, but the Jedi aren't the boss of me because I am too cool for that," and all that sort of vapid nonsense.

I am sure there will be Grey Jedi wannabees too. Always brings out the worst in people, this kind of thing.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Oct 27th, 2007 10:22 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

Originally posted by Ushgarak
Not so sure about that, actually. I think the average gaming instinct is to play the good guy.

What we WILL get are a lot of Light Siders saying "Yeah, I'm on the Light Side, but the Jedi aren't the boss of me because I am too cool for that," and all that sort of vapid nonsense.

I am sure there will be Grey Jedi wannabees too. Always brings out the worst in people, this kind of thing.

So....you don't like any sort of realism in Star Wars, do you Ush? stick out tongue

BTW: I totally agree with you when EVERYBODY wants to be a Jedi with a past, or wants to be a rebel....but surely there's bound to be SOME people like that....

Old Post Oct 27th, 2007 03:21 PM
Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I like things to be the way they were meant to be. Star Wars was meant to be epic good guy vs. bad guy fantasy in a sci-fi environment. if I wanted moral grey areas and gritty realism I'd want to bw playing Babylon 5 or Blade Runner, where such things are highly appropriate.

And yes, there would be some (although the 'Jedi but not really a Jedi' schtick just makes you...a bad Light Sider, really), but faaaaaaar too many would want to be like that.

BtVS

Old Post Oct 27th, 2007 03:55 PM
Morridini
Morridini

Weird thing is, I would actually want to be a Mandalorian if given the chance, even though I really like the Sith of this era.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Oct 27th, 2007 04:23 PM
Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

I like things to be the way they were meant to be. Star Wars was meant to be epic good guy vs. bad guy fantasy in a sci-fi environment. if I wanted moral grey areas and gritty realism I'd want to bw playing Babylon 5 or Blade Runner, where such things are highly appropriate.

And yes, there would be some (although the 'Jedi but not really a Jedi' schtick just makes you...a bad Light Sider, really), but faaaaaaar too many would want to be like that.

I know what you mean.

LOL, I never really thought about it meaning you were just a horrible Jedi - I s'pose that's at least partially true. A character flaw, I s'pose, with tendencies to embrace the Dark Side....

Originally posted by Morridini
Weird thing is, I would actually want to be a Mandalorian if given the chance, even though I really like the Sith of this era.

If a KotOR-themed MMORPG was to be developed, I half to say that I'd either be a Sith or a Mandalorian. But what type of Mandalorian would be available to us? The species, which is all but extinct at this time, or the conglomerate - or both?

Old Post Oct 27th, 2007 04:47 PM
Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

What's the difference, you can be a Jedi, light or dark, a Mandalorian or a Smuggler in Galaxies.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Oct 27th, 2007 05:05 PM
Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

The setting...

In Galaxies there is no logic behind having Jedies running around, this era however the Jedi and Sith were numbering thousands.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Oct 27th, 2007 05:13 PM
Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Se7in

Oh God no. What the Hell will groups fight? Giant Rancors? Hordes of Dark Jedi? How the Hell will they balance light vs. dark when they haven't done it in any of the Force-choosing games yet (Jedi Outcast/Academy, Kotor I/II)?

I doubt it will be any good.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2007 05:31 PM
Click here to Send Se7in a Private Message Find more posts by Se7in Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lol, no.

PYRON WOULD WIPE THE FLOOR WITH STORM LULZ!

Old Post Oct 27th, 2007 05:46 PM
Click here to Send Violent2Dope a Private Message Find more posts by Violent2Dope Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Originally posted by Violent2Dope
Lol, no.

Tell that to the population's the SWG servers.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2007 05:54 PM
The Rover

Originally posted by Se7in
Oh God no. What the Hell will groups fight? Giant Rancors? Hordes of Dark Jedi? How the Hell will they balance light vs. dark when they haven't done it in any of the Force-choosing games yet (Jedi Outcast/Academy, Kotor I/II)?

I doubt it will be any good.

You have to remember, right now it's one of those rumours from a "reliable source" - meaning it is almost certainly untrue. wink

Old Post Oct 27th, 2007 08:37 PM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

It'll be done. Too much money to be made.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2007 09:44 PM
Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

Oh, I don't doubt a KotOR-sequel - yet perhaps not an MMORPG.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2007 11:07 PM