KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » KotOR respect thread

KotOR respect thread
Started by: Nactous

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

KotOR respect thread

Just a look back at what made the game so great.
Everything. eek!

"The wait is over."

Old Post Dec 18th, 2007 04:57 PM
Click here to Send Nactous a Private Message Find more posts by Nactous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spearhead
Prophet

Really wasn't as amazing as people made it out to be. Or maybe I have little respect for it because it's a blatant rip off of the d20 system. The only thing that makes it better than the number of other games with similar ideas is the Star Wars setting and BioWare's ability to create compelling characters and dialogue.

I'm a signature!

Old Post Dec 18th, 2007 07:14 PM
Click here to Send Spearhead a Private Message Find more posts by Spearhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

I respect your opinion.

"The wait is over."

Old Post Dec 18th, 2007 09:38 PM
Click here to Send Nactous a Private Message Find more posts by Nactous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Spearhead
Really wasn't as amazing as people made it out to be. Or maybe I have little respect for it because it's a blatant rip off of the d20 system. The only thing that makes it better than the number of other games with similar ideas is the Star Wars setting and BioWare's ability to create compelling characters and dialogue.

So....do you dislike all BioWare games? It's my understanding that most of them are "blatant rip-offs" of RPGing systems, such as the d20....

Old Post Dec 18th, 2007 10:04 PM
Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NateGreySummers
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Spearhead
Really wasn't as amazing as people made it out to be. The only thing that makes it better than the number of other games with similar ideas is the Star Wars setting...

QFT!

Old Post Dec 18th, 2007 10:39 PM
Click here to Send NateGreySummers a Private Message Find more posts by NateGreySummers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spearhead
Prophet

Originally posted by Melcórë
So....do you dislike all BioWare games? It's my understanding that most of them are "blatant rip-offs" of RPGing systems, such as the d20....

I've only played NWN, which I had to use for a project, and I hated that a lot. It's almost identical to KoToR except for the fact you only control one person, the setting is different, and that nothing about the story made me want to continue. If KoToR wasn't different from NWN in those respects, pretty much no one would play it. I mean, if you like the d20 system that much, you're better off breaking out pencils and paper and RPing with friends.

I'm a signature!

Old Post Dec 19th, 2007 03:47 PM
Click here to Send Spearhead a Private Message Find more posts by Spearhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

Kotor was a great game which delved into an area of StarWars that few had entered, AND BROUGHT IT TO LIFE! big grin

Kotor 2 was Kotor's Half-Assed sequel. mad

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2008 09:54 PM
Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Atticus

to me kotor was one of the greatest games i ever played. why because there was some thing there in that story that clicked with every body who played it.
but there is always some one who doesn't look at the significance of the story as everybody else.

but I do agree that the game play was no break through, same with mass effect and that is why i worry about kotor 3...

Old Post Jan 5th, 2008 05:57 AM
Click here to Send Atticus a Private Message Find more posts by Atticus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ale-8-1

Kotor? respect for that crap?

Old Post Jan 8th, 2008 01:08 AM
Click here to Send ale-8-1 a Private Message Find more posts by ale-8-1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

SON OF A *****!

"The wait is over."

Old Post Jan 8th, 2008 01:10 AM
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

Nactous, I came as soon as I heard.

BAD GINGER, NO!

Old Post Jan 8th, 2008 01:16 AM
Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ale-8-1

Genger?

Old Post Jan 8th, 2008 01:16 AM
Click here to Send ale-8-1 a Private Message Find more posts by ale-8-1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

Yes, Ale-8-1 is a Ginger-Ale. Therefore Ginger.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2008 01:18 AM
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

Any who, what's wrong with Kotor?

Old Post Jan 8th, 2008 01:21 AM
ale-8-1

What's right wit it? or are you a retarted fanboy also.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2008 01:23 AM
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

Just to let you know tails is a queer.

"The wait is over."

Old Post Jan 8th, 2008 01:28 AM
ale-8-1

JUST to let you know, Mission is a whore.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2008 01:33 AM
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

Dude shes fourteen.

"The wait is over."

Old Post Jan 8th, 2008 01:34 AM
ale-8-1

Yea, and always trying to get it on with Revan

Old Post Jan 8th, 2008 01:36 AM
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

So, you hate Kotor because of Mission?

Old Post Jan 8th, 2008 01:37 AM