KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Favorite EU moments

Favorite EU moments
Started by: Elite Hunter

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Elite Hunter

Favorite EU moments

We haven't had a fun thread like this in a while so I decided to make this one. Today stumbled onto the most memorable Eu moments page on wookieepedia and it gave me the idea for this thread. What are your favorite moments that EU has given us? Try to limit it around 10.

In no particular order, some of mine are:

1.Ganner Rhysode's last stand, I love the "None Shall Past" line.
2.Revan's Revelation, though I had some a pretty good guess about your character's identity, I thought Bioware portrayed the revelation on the Leviathan very well.
3.Jacen Solo defeating Onimi, I liked because A) As you know,I'm a Jacen Solo fan and B) it marked the end of a very LONG series in the NJO.
4.As SW insider puts it-"Jacen Solo Descends into the Rings of Hell"- I really liked his interaction with the vong and Vergere.
5.Kar Vastor vs Mace Windu- mma style, good to see an unarmed fight between two physically intimidating force users.
6.Galen Marek's electrifying encounter with Darth Sidious, I know it is portrayed somewhat differently in the novel and videogame but I like both regardless of which is canon, though I like the game's more
7.General Grievous pwning the group of jedi on Hyporia.

For those of you who are curious here is the link to 20 Most Memorable Moments of the Expanded Universe page on wookieepedia: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/ 20_...Universe

and here is the blog page from sw.com on the topic: http://blogs.starwars.com/abelgpena/7

Last edited by Elite Hunter on Jan 20th, 2009 at 12:44 AM

Old Post Jan 20th, 2009 12:34 AM
Click here to Send Elite Hunter a Private Message Find more posts by Elite Hunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

The novel's version of Marek vs. Sidious sucked; the comic and game did it much better.

Revan blows. Anything Nom Anor, Pellaeon, or Phennir tops this list.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2009 12:36 AM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Gideon

Revans awesome. Anything Nom Anor, Pellaeon, or Phennir tops this list.

I agree.

"The wait is over."

Old Post Jan 20th, 2009 05:20 AM
Click here to Send Nactous a Private Message Find more posts by Nactous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Col. Valerian
Republic Navy

Revan does blow. But the way everything was handled in KOTOR was great, I must say.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2009 05:54 AM
Click here to Send Col. Valerian a Private Message Find more posts by Col. Valerian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

I agree. As predictable as the game was as a far as you being Revan from the beginning, they certainly handled that part well.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2009 06:06 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Phennir telling off the maniac who controlled Centerpoint Station was a highlight, as was Pellaeon kicking the Vong's ass from a bacta tank.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2009 09:37 PM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

Some of my faves-

1. The final duel between Galen and Vader. My favourite duel in all of Star Wars.

2. Luke and Mara's wedding.

3. Kar Vastor vs Mace Windu- I agree, this was an amazing fight.

4. Yoda's talk with Dooku on Vjun.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2009 09:39 PM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xxxpoppunker182

Originally posted by chilled monkey
Some of my faves-

1. The final duel between Galen and Vader. My favourite duel in all of Star Wars.

That's just sad.....

Old Post Jan 21st, 2009 07:26 AM
Click here to Send xxxpoppunker182 a Private Message Find more posts by xxxpoppunker182 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

I don't care what anyone says, Malak's casual ordering for Taris' destruction was chilling the first time I watched it.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2009 08:13 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

Originally posted by xxxpoppunker182
That's just sad.....

Why?

Old Post Jan 21st, 2009 02:29 PM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xxxpoppunker182

because your number one favorite moment is gay

Old Post Jan 21st, 2009 08:28 PM
Click here to Send xxxpoppunker182 a Private Message Find more posts by xxxpoppunker182 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

Originally posted by xxxpoppunker182
because your number one favorite moment is gay

How so?

Old Post Jan 21st, 2009 08:31 PM
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
I don't care what anyone says, Malak's casual ordering for Taris' destruction was chilling the first time I watched it.

I like Malak, but he was an unoriginal concept: the bastard son of Moff Tarkin and Darth Vader. The problem is that his daddies are far more terrifying than he could ever be.

****, I'd rather face Malak -- a Sith Lord -- than Tarkin.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2009 10:20 PM
Col. Valerian
Republic Navy

Hell no. I agree with Tangible. At least for the first time you play the game, Malak pwns.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2009 10:24 PM
Click here to Send Col. Valerian a Private Message Find more posts by Col. Valerian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Cpt. Valerian
Hell no. I agree with Tangible. At least for the first time you play the game, Malak pwns.

Malak is great. But he's also just a poor man's Tarkin with a lightsaber. Cool, but totally unoriginal. Tarkin and Vader both did it much, much better.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2009 10:36 PM
Col. Valerian
Republic Navy

Yeah, that's true. But his appearance helped him a bit, as well.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2009 10:56 PM
GenomeFrozener
The Last Boss

Originally posted by Cpt. Valerian
Yeah, that's true. But his appearance helped him a bit, as well.

At what? Pushing a Sith into a computer terminal? Or Becoming Cannon fodder?

Oh yeah! SUCK MY...duck?

Old Post Jan 21st, 2009 11:38 PM
Click here to Send GenomeFrozener a Private Message Find more posts by GenomeFrozener Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by Gideon
I like Malak, but he was an unoriginal concept: the bastard son of Moff Tarkin and Darth Vader. The problem is that his daddies are far more terrifying than he could ever be.

****, I'd rather face Malak -- a Sith Lord -- than Tarkin.
Same here, Tarkin wasn't corrupted by the Dark Side, he was all-natural evil.

But that 7-foot monster with the metal jaw and cruel eyes demanding Saul to "Destroy the entire planet." Whew! Did it just get colder in here?

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2009 12:24 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Col. Valerian
Republic Navy

Originally posted by GenomeFrozener
At what? Pushing a Sith into a computer terminal? Or Becoming Cannon fodder?

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
That 7-foot monster with the metal jaw and cruel eyes demanding Saul to "Destroy the entire planet." Whew! Did it just get colder in here?

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2009 01:02 AM
Lucius
Unknown

I must be blind to plots, I had no idea the PC was Revan until the very last moment. I knew something was wrong about him and that he was probably someone special, but I just figured that Revan was nothing more than a background character.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2009 04:17 PM
Click here to Send Lucius a Private Message Find more posts by Lucius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote