KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Create ur own saber fight

Create ur own saber fight
Started by: Darth Storm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Storm

Smile Create ur own saber fight

Can anyone make their own lightsaber fight?

Im hopeless roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Jun 20th, 2009 11:15 PM
Click here to Send Darth Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kotorfan
Fruity Darth

Thats what the versus forum is for. Check it out sometime..?

You can access it Here

Old Post Jun 20th, 2009 11:45 PM
Click here to Send kotorfan a Private Message Find more posts by kotorfan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

Actually, I have a LOT of good ones, but I'm too lazy to type them...

Old Post Jun 21st, 2009 12:38 AM
Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

I'm bored so I'll post a small section of a lightsaber fight I wrote between Tavion and Jaden. This is how I wish lightsaber fights were written instead of the whole "he moved so fast" shtick.

" Tavion made adjustments and bent down as Jaden came back high and lateral with his saber, avoiding the blade before standing up with an awkward thrust of her scepter at Jaden’s torso, aiming for a shiak.

Jaden slipped the potentially killing strike by leaning backwards and then placing a foot under his new centre of gravity, twirling his body in his awkward bend-over-backwards stance, to make an impossible deflection of Tavion's alchemically-strengthened scepter."

It's a pretty long fight, that's just a small bit of the middle of battle, I wrote it 2 years ago I believe.

Iboga chose not to fight, to allow himself to evolve. He had the wisdom to abandon the actions of war when he knew they would no longer serve him.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2009 01:07 AM
Click here to Send Allankles a Private Message Find more posts by Allankles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SAENBR
Restricted

Account Restricted

I really like the way Karpyshyn writes fight scenes, he tells more of a story rather than getting too technical about the different sequences and engagements which seems to be how a lot of the NJO and onwards writers usually describe them.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2009 01:34 AM
Click here to Send SAENBR a Private Message Find more posts by SAENBR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

I like a little bit of both. You can't really get a sense of speed and ferocity with a completely technical descriptive style: imagine a blow by blow account of Anakin vs. Obi-Wan.

The Bane duels were good in style, if not necessarily content. Pieces of the RoT melee were annoying.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2009 01:42 AM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SAENBR
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah the closing battle at the end of RoT was a little bit ridiculous in parts.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2009 02:01 AM
Click here to Send SAENBR a Private Message Find more posts by SAENBR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

you mean film one and edit in the sabers? yes. I have.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Jun 21st, 2009 02:35 AM
Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

quote: (post)
Originally posted by kotorfan
Thats what the versus forum is for. Check it out sometime..?

You can access it Here

The vs forum really isn't the place to write up your own saber battle. This is more for EU and failing that a fan fic forum or site.

Iboga chose not to fight, to allow himself to evolve. He had the wisdom to abandon the actions of war when he knew they would no longer serve him.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2009 02:47 AM
Click here to Send Allankles a Private Message Find more posts by Allankles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

I really like the descriptions in the RotS novel. Stover looks a little deeper (in a pulpy, shallow, irrelevant way) than Karpyshyn does.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2009 03:37 AM
Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

The RoTS novel is still one of my favorites. That and Cloak of Deception.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2009 04:22 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kotorfan
Fruity Darth

I liked RoTS also, and POD/ROT

hopefully DOE as well.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2009 03:54 AM
Click here to Send kotorfan a Private Message Find more posts by kotorfan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

The Bane novels seemed kinda hackneyed. Compared to Stover's and CoD's eloquent writing and clever story and dialogue, Karpyshyn's descriptions and random words I've never even heard before (I learned from PoD what horripilation means), it made it all seem kinda forced.

The story was still good though.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2009 04:46 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

You make me want to read CoD. I think I might now.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2009 04:47 AM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Have you never read it? The author sacrificed talking about what's become an excessive use of literary combat, and the incredibly annoying way many of the authors describe the Force and lightsabers (I'm so sick of the "extension of [their] own arm, or body etc." analogy, and the paragraph they spend talking about the experience of using the Force). Cloak of Deception has a decent balance between all that stuff and the political intrigue behind Valorum's image being "mired by baseless accusations of corruption." It's the only SW novel besides the movie novelizations I've read more than once.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2009 05:19 AM
chilled monkey

Originally posted by Eminence
I like a little bit of both. You can't really get a sense of speed and ferocity with a completely technical descriptive style: imagine a blow by blow account of Anakin vs. Obi-Wan.

I agree completely.

BTW, the General Fiction Area board has a thread soewhat like this. It's called "Star Wars Versus storytime" thread.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2009 05:09 PM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

Yeah, that one used to be in the Versus forum before somedouchetooljerkone moved it.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2009 06:12 PM
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

@Lucien

LOL yeah...especially in PoD where they talk SO much about the awesomeness of the jedi/sith: they said that the republic elite soldiers were really good because one of them managed to fire off more than one shot before dying vs a sith lord, Kaan said that entire ships and armies are no match for an "army of light" consisting of a few jedi, and that the ground troops vs jedi could serve as nothing more than a brief distraction.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2009 12:57 AM
Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Yeah that was another point of discretion in PoD. The big battle for control of the galaxy is essentially left to a few thousand people. And then when Karpyshyn has characters like Kaan and Hoth discussing number on the battlefield like it was statistics in Risk, it really dampens the impact of the final Jedi and Sith war. And in an effort to dispel that notion, the book makes casual reference to "all those other battles happening right now... but they don't matter." Top it off with Hoth and Valenthyne discussing feelings as if Karpy was trying to inject some personality and humanity in to the story, and you're left thinking that the novel had been written by a high schooler.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2009 03:20 AM
Zamp
The Blind Critic

Originally posted by Eminence
Yeah, that one used to be in the Versus forum before somedouchetooljerkone moved it.

reported.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2009 03:22 AM
Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote