KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » How come Darth Vader died in Force Unleshed II?

How come Darth Vader died in Force Unleshed II?
Started by: C-3POTheClever

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
C-3POTheClever

How come Darth Vader died in Force Unleshed II?

At the ed of this clip - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szqAETxOzYs
Darth Sidious uses his force lighting on Vader & say's Vader will die. How could he die though if he's alive later? Does anybody own TFU2? If so; do you know what the explanation is?

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2012 08:49 AM
Click here to Send C-3POTheClever a Private Message Find more posts by C-3POTheClever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

It's non-canon... A what-if.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2012 09:08 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

What he said.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2012 09:13 AM
Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
C-3POTheClever

OK... So does that mean it's kinda like what would have happened if Vaders new aprentace had kept loyal to Vader?

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2012 10:02 AM
Click here to Send C-3POTheClever a Private Message Find more posts by C-3POTheClever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Lol Han Solo and Princess Leia also die in that. How could you not tell that was an alternate reality?

As for these "what if's", I've never found it realistic for Palpatine to take out Marek or Vader as easily as he does in the dark side endings. They're made to be no better than Kit Fisto.

A bit unrealistic when Lucas has already stated Vader's power to be 80% of the Emporer's. And then we know Galen was considerably more powerful than that.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2012 11:51 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by C-3POTheClever
OK... So does that mean it's kinda like what would have happened if Vaders new aprentace had kept loyal to Vader?

I'm pretty sure that is ment to be part of Star wars since the first game is suppose to bridge the gaps between the two trilogies.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2012 12:11 PM
Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Truculent
Truth is written in Blood

Galen IMO was not a clone due to one source: Joruus C'Boath. He was a clone and a total wackjob. Anyway, Vader didn't die just allowed himself to be captured. The dark apprentice is non-canon as ares stated. Somewhere along the line Galen will be KIA to keep the canon correct. Can't have Galen and Luke loose in the galaxy. After all, Luke was to rebuild the Jedi Order.

War Doctor

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2012 04:45 PM
Click here to Send Darth Truculent a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Truculent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
C-3POTheClever

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Lol Han Solo and Princess Leia also die in that. How could you not tell that was an alternate reality?
Maybe because I didn't watch the whole of it. I just skiped over to the end, because I realy wanted to see the bit with Darth Vader & the emperor (the 2 sith lords). I did get to see a bit of the fight with Leia, but I didn't really know she was Princess Leia so you know..

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2012 04:45 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Still haven't played Force Unleashed 2, I'll wait until it get's cheaper after all the stuff i heard about it when it got released being short and not as great as the first one.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2012 07:57 AM
Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Darth Truculent
Galen IMO was not a clone due to one source: Joruus C'Boath. He was a clone and a total wackjob.

Well most jedi clones were supposed to be faulty. But apparently Vader got it right in TFUII. So God knows. We need a TFUIII to confirm the truth!

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2012 11:33 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Well most jedi clones were supposed to be faulty. But apparently Vader got it right in TFUII. So God knows. We need a TFUIII to confirm the truth!

If and when that happens Lucasarts better make sure its actually good.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2012 01:24 PM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Kazenji
If and when that happens Lucasarts better make sure its actually good.

Problem is they've made TFU such a big part of the SW EU now, they can't just end it with Vader captured and Starkiller alive on the Rebels side.

They have to finish the lose ends and tie the story in to ANH, good game or not.

But of course making a good game and story(on par with the first) to go with it will be preferable.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2012 03:55 PM
NTJack0
Ranger

TFU is utter shit anyway.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2012 12:31 AM
Click here to Send NTJack0 a Private Message Find more posts by NTJack0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
C-3POTheClever

Originally posted by NTJack0
TFU is utter shit anyway.
No offense, but I'd rather you wouldn't swear on my threads. Also, that is a matter of opinion.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2012 07:59 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by C-3POTheClever
No offense, but I'd rather you wouldn't swear on my threads. Also, that is a matter of opinion.
No, TFU is shit. Cocksucking shit.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2012 08:22 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Maybe the second game sure, Yeah.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2012 09:43 AM
Darth Thor

I don't care how crap the second game was. This was awsome:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a864SYyIJM8

As was this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YA_1...;feature=relmfu

Old Post Mar 27th, 2012 10:28 AM
Darth Truculent
Truth is written in Blood

Non-canon was the dark apprentice. During novelization, the Kamonians weeded out Force abilities because it led to psychosis. When Vader mentioned the accelerated the first clones went mad in months, then that would mean TFU II Galen was the same. Severe brain-trauma causes memory loss - it can be seen in current victims of IEDs. Revan suffered from memory loss that was forced on him until his memory returned. Over time Galen's memories did return, but how the returned was written poorly and gameplay likewise.

War Doctor

Old Post Mar 27th, 2012 06:31 PM
Click here to Send Darth Truculent a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Truculent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ I don't think the Dark apprentice is non-canon.

Because in the novel Starkiller has a vision of the dark side ending, which means it was a possible future!

So the question remains: Is the TFUII Starkiller a clone or not?! Only a TFUIII would be able to answer that.

Edit- (Although if Vader had really perfected the cloning process then surely he would want to clone himself instead of Galen???)

Old Post Mar 28th, 2012 10:15 AM
C-3POTheClever

^ I don't think the Dark apprentice is non-canon.

Because in the novel Starkiller has a vision of the dark side ending, which means it was a possible future!

So the question remains: Is the TFUII Starkiller a clone or not?! Only a TFUIII would be able to answer that.

Edit- (Although if Vader had really perfected the cloning process then surely he would want to clone himself instead of Galen???)
Hmmmn... That's interesting coz If Vader had cloned himself, then his clones would be probably be potentially far more powerful than himself & the emperor wouldn't they. Becuse they wouldn't be burned & part macine (sorry for bad spelling)

Old Post Mar 28th, 2012 07:01 PM