KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Who came first - the Ones or the Force Priestesses?

Who came first?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
The Force Priestesses 2 22.22%
The Ones of Mortis 7 77.78%
Total: 9 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Who came first - the Ones or the Force Priestesses?
Started by: DarthAnt66

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Who came first - the Ones or the Force Priestesses?

I was thinking about this question for a long time and couldn't really figure out an answer. BTW, I'm discussing in terms of CANON, not LEGENDS.

The Force Planet is said to be the "birthplace" of the Force - and thus also the birthplace of life. The Force Priestesses is an ancient entity beyond our comprehension (source: Dave Filoni), and "embodied the connection between the living Force present in lifeforms big and small, and the larger, timeless cosmic Force." They were the first to discover the secret to spirit immortality as well.

Then we got Mortis and the Ones. Mortis, by all accounts, seem to be on a different dimension entirely than the known galaxy, and the actions on Mortis are seen throughout the galaxy, and vice versa. The Father is described by Lucas as "the Core of the Force." The Son and The Daughter are the embodies of the Force itself, and unlike the Force Priestesses, have achieved a form of living immortality - not spirit immorality.

If The Ones were the first beings in Star Wars, how could they be the embodiment of the Force before midichlorians were even introduced to the galaxy?

Is it possible that the Force Planet was there grand creation (think Big Bang), and that set everything else in motion?

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Aug 19th, 2015 05:38 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Mortis is the heart of the Cosmic Force, the Force Planet is the birthplace of life, and therefore the Living Force.

The Cosmic Force came before the Living Force, which means the Ones are probably older than the Priestesses.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2015 06:01 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RexCloneWarsMVS
Believer of Jesus

So is the force a god or entity?

Old Post Aug 19th, 2015 09:59 AM
Click here to Send RexCloneWarsMVS a Private Message Find more posts by RexCloneWarsMVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

I wasn't aware the two things were necessarily mutually exclusive. Though I'm personally leaning closer to neither.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2015 03:17 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NewGuy01
I wasn't aware the two things were necessarily mutually exclusive. Though I'm personally leaning closer to neither.

Actually many would argue they are.

Because if God is a mere entity, then it kind of defeats the purpose of God.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2015 03:20 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

I’ve got my doubts that the Ones actually exist. I always viewed them as illusions similar to Vader-Luke in the Dagobah Cave.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2015 03:24 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Actually many would argue they are.

Because if God is a mere entity, then it kind of defeats the purpose of God.

If were to believe in a God, I would definitely agree with you. But I was under the impression that most people considered a God as something that fell under the category of:

something that has a real existence; thing:

or

being or existence, especially when considered as distinct, independent, or self-contained:

--Definition of Entity.

quote:
The Ones don't exist

I've toyed with this idea as well, tbh.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2015 03:27 PM
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Originally posted by ares834
I’ve got my doubts that the Ones actually exist. I always viewed them as illusions similar to Vader-Luke in the Dagobah Cave.

Well, seeing as how out of source SW experts/writers state that the Father is the strongest Force User in existence, it is very possible that they're real.

Though, they are real in Legends, Abeloth would be proof of it I would say.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2015 07:00 PM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

The Ones definitely exist, given the commentary on them. However what could be argued is if they're actual physical beings.

Interestingly Sam Witwer is of the opinion that if The Son had escaped Mortis with Anakin, then they would have left as One being.

That's in Canon anyway, but as Fated pointed out in Legends Abeloth kind of made the status of the Ones quite clear in that continuity.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2015 09:50 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Interestingly Sam Witwer is of the opinion that if The Son had escaped Mortis with Anakin, then they would have left as One being.

Link me.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Aug 19th, 2015 09:59 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

That would have been beautiful. Just think of all that death and destruction.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2015 10:06 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WildBantha88

They all came at the same time... Hehe

Old Post Aug 19th, 2015 10:56 PM
Click here to Send WildBantha88 a Private Message Find more posts by WildBantha88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Makes sense, I always thought the Son looked and sounded exactly like Anakin anyway.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2015 11:08 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Link me.

Will have to find it. Think it was a Forecast interview. It was just his opinion btw.

Originally posted by Nephthys
Makes sense, I always thought the Son looked and sounded exactly like Anakin anyway.

Well he was supposed to sound and look a bit like all the Dark Siders we see in the movies, which would include ROTS Anakin.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2015 11:20 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Well, it's never actually said that the Force priestesses came into being at the same time as the planet/midicholorians. As I recall they are made out to be the first beings to discover how to retain their identity after death. So they could have come into being at any point really.

However without midichlorians there can be no life, The Ones are alive, and Mortis is populated with living flora, so they would have had to come after at least the Force planet.

I never really saw the Ones as essential origins or components to the Force really, just a set of beings so powerful they became fulcrums.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2015 09:15 AM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Wasn't there an Infinities storyline where the Son left Mortis with Anakin and they casually solo'd Palpatine + Yoda together? lol

Anyway, logically, the Ones definitely didn't come later than the Force Priestesses, and it's possible that they don't actually exist because of their metaphorical depictions. However, FotJ more or less established them as living beings/having a date of birth, which is rather stupid.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2015 01:46 PM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

How do they logically come before the Force priestesses?

And I think its originally clear they are living beings as they can die.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2015 03:36 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

I also thought of it as the Daughter died as a refection of the destruction of the Jedi Order, and then came the death of Sidious (the Son) and Anakin (the Father) - an act which restored balance once again.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2015 03:44 PM
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Originally posted by Beniboybling
Well, it's never actually said that the Force priestesses came into being at the same time as the planet/midicholorians. As I recall they are made out to be the first beings to discover how to retain their identity after death. So they could have come into being at any point really.

However without midichlorians there can be no life, The Ones are alive, and Mortis is populated with living flora, so they would have had to come after at least the Force planet.

I never really saw the Ones as essential origins or components to the Force really, just a set of beings so powerful they became fulcrums.

thumb up

"That is why you fail."

Old Post Aug 21st, 2015 07:20 PM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

The Ones might not be physically alive in canon, though; Only Legends.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2015 02:29 AM