KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Will Kanan make Grievous look bad?

Will Kanan make Grievous look bad?
Started by: Darth Abonis

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Abonis

Will Kanan make Grievous look bad?

In the upcoming Kanan comic, it shows Kanan facing Grievous. Will Kanan actually be able to hold his own against Grievous, making him look weaker then ever?

Old Post Dec 10th, 2015 12:07 AM
Click here to Send Darth Abonis a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Abonis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

If he does then holding your own against canon Grievous might as well not even be a feat anymore lol

Old Post Dec 10th, 2015 12:10 AM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Didn't Grievous destroy Depa so hard she was knocked into a ****ing coma?

I think Kanan will get wrecked.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Dec 10th, 2015 12:19 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Abonis

Lol indeed

Old Post Dec 10th, 2015 12:19 AM
Click here to Send Darth Abonis a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Abonis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Didn't Grievous destroy Depa so hard she was knocked into a ****ing coma?

No, they never fought. Read "Shatterpoint" to find out how Depa ended up in that coma.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2015 03:16 PM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by chilled monkey
No, they never fought. Read "Shatterpoint" to find out how Depa ended up in that coma.

Shatterpoint's not Canon.

In any case all we know is Grievous's forces overpowered Depa's forces. We don't know anything beyond that at this point.

That said TCW S5 Ahsoka barely held her own against Grievous. So Padawan Kanan will get wrecked, and likely saved by Depa.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2015 03:34 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syndicate

I'll legitimately cry if he does. Holy ****amole I hate what Lucas did to him.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2015 05:53 PM
Click here to Send Syndicate a Private Message Find more posts by Syndicate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

So behind the times...

Old Post Dec 10th, 2015 05:55 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

So it's ok for Ahsoka to fight Grevious, yet Kanan can't?

Old Post Dec 10th, 2015 05:55 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syndicate

Originally posted by Zenwolf

It's not ok. None of it is. I hate having to give her credit for that and I would hate to have to give Kanan credit for it either.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2015 06:00 PM
Click here to Send Syndicate a Private Message Find more posts by Syndicate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Well Ahsoka's >>> Kanan.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2015 06:02 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Syndicate
It's not ok. None of it is. I hate having to give her credit for that and I would hate to have to give Kanan credit for it either.

Well I'm just pointing it out that Ahsoka was able to as a Padawan, yet Kanan can't because.....reasons. Now I realize before someone comes in "Ahsoka is better" right I get that, but I mean I'm not saying Kanan has to win or anything, but he can certainly fight.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2015 06:02 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Well Ahsoka's >>> Kanan.

Yes see I knew this was gonna come up, but as I said he doesn't have to win. But he certainly can fight. Now how long this fight will last remains to be seen, if there is one.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2015 06:03 PM
Syndicate

*Sigh* Kanan is likely going to hold Grievous off for a time before his master comes and they drive him off.

Edit: The best I can hope for is that Depa will also arrive with a contingent of heavily armed clones which Grievous realizes he can't fight all at once. They did that in Star Wars: Clone Wars 2003 so I'd be fine if they did that here.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2015 06:06 PM
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Well I'm just pointing it out that Ahsoka was able to as a Padawan, yet Kanan can't because.....
He has less dueling experience, less training, and inferior training (in terms of preparing one for combat. Anakin's training is much more combatively focused and hands on compared to Depa's). Ahsoka holding her own against Grievous is explainable and makes some sense.

Last edited by |King Joker| on Dec 10th, 2015 at 06:33 PM

Old Post Dec 10th, 2015 06:31 PM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syndicate

Originally posted by |King Joker|
He has less dueling experience, less training, and inferior training (in terms of preparing one for combat. Anakin's training is much more combatively focused and hands on compared to Depa's). Ahsoka holding her own against Grievous is explainable and makes some sense.

No it doesn't. None of it makes sense. *Goes into an emotional breakdown about what Lucas did to my baby*

Old Post Dec 10th, 2015 06:53 PM
Zenwolf

Originally posted by |King Joker|

Doesn't mean he still can't fight Grevious, but again how long or even if there will be one remains to be seen. All Jedi are trained for combat, sure Ahsoka might have better but Kana would still have some.

DId Anakin even actually train her though? I don't recall.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2015 07:06 PM
Dark-Kenshin
Blocked

TCW Grievous was repeatedly a bungling laughing stock anyway. Felt like a scooby doo villain to be honest. laughing

Old Post Dec 10th, 2015 07:13 PM
Click here to Send Dark-Kenshin a Private Message Find more posts by Dark-Kenshin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Shatterpoint's not Canon.

Actually it is. They confirmed it in the comic.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2015 07:47 PM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syndicate

Actually it is. They confirmed it in the comic.

Just because Bane was in TCW it doesn't confirm the canonicity of his trilogy?

Old Post Dec 10th, 2015 09:10 PM