KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Statements made by George Lucas.

Statements made by George Lucas.
Started by: Ziggystardust

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ziggystardust
Restricted

Account Restricted

Statements made by George Lucas.

Are they still an overruling law of canon Legends?

Old Post Oct 13th, 2016 06:50 PM
Click here to Send Ziggystardust a Private Message Find more posts by Ziggystardust Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

(please log in to view the image)

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2016 06:52 PM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Nope. And George agrees with me here.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2016 07:00 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Lol Legends has no rules now. All Legends means is Not Canon.

But the whole thing was built on the concept of Lucas comes first.

Lucas's statements still count towards Canon though unless blatantly contradicted.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2016 07:03 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Lucas is gone, let us free ourselves from his tyranny. smile

Old Post Oct 13th, 2016 07:05 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ziggystardust
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Azronger
Nope. And George agrees with me here.

Yes, I've peered into your red note. Lucas does distinguish the expanded universe as something separate from his own world, but what about in regards to characters and events he conceived? Little nuances that were conducted in the brain of George Lucas and transferred to strips of camera roll. Now just to pay devils advocate here, there is a rather vast array of sources defining Lucas' vision as the foundation to all other source material relating to Star Wars, and the only statement I see contradicting this is made in the Readers Companion

Last edited by Ziggystardust on Oct 13th, 2016 at 07:10 PM

Old Post Oct 13th, 2016 07:07 PM
Click here to Send Ziggystardust a Private Message Find more posts by Ziggystardust Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ziggystardust
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Darth Thor
All Legends means is Not Canon.

Unfortunately not, if that were the case than various fanmade sources could be considered Legends also. No, the way I see is that Legends is simply a demotion.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2016 07:10 PM
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Originally posted by Ziggystardust
Yes, I've peered into your red note. Lucas does distinguish the expanded universe as something separate from his own world, but what about in regards to characters and events he conceived? Little nuances that were conducted in the brain of George Lucas and transferred to strips of camera roll. Now just to pay devils advocate here, there is a rather vast array of sources defining Lucas' vision as the foundation to all other source material relating to Star Wars, and the only statement I see contradicting this is made in the Readers Companion

The only thing of Lucas' creation that Legends cannot contradict is the movies. That's the way it's always been.

In regards to his own vision - not canon, since according to himself, even the completed OT was around one third of "his vision" that he had in his head. Even the new Canon doesn't care about that, so why should Legends, something even Lucas has never acknowledged?

Old Post Oct 13th, 2016 08:46 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Ziggystardust
Unfortunately not, if that were the case than various fanmade sources could be considered Legends also. No, the way I see is that Legends is simply a demotion.

The difference between fan made sources and Legends is that Legends was published by and is owned by Lucasfilm. And they can therefore borrow bits from that source and introduce it into canon. E.g. Thrawn.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2016 10:07 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Beniboybling
Lucas is gone, let us free ourselves from his tyranny. smile

Lol. His word isn't the ultimate canon now, but it's still the source that Disney is basing all their expanded material on (including the new films).

Old Post Oct 13th, 2016 10:09 PM
quanchi112
Disney

The question is would D. Thor given the chance orally pleasure Lucas ? I think we all know the answer.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2016 12:02 AM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote