KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » New Darth Vader comic

New Darth Vader comic
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

New Darth Vader comic

quote:
This new volume of the series takes place immediately after the events in “Revenge of the Sith” when we saw Vader join Emperor Palpatine as they watched over the construction of the Death Star.

eaders will also get the opportunity to learn the origin of his crimson-red lightsaber. “The first arc is going to revolve around Vader’s construction of his red lightsaber, because at the end of Revenge of the Sith, he obviously loses his blue saber when he gets all chopped up and Obi-Wan takes it to eventually give to Luke down the road. So we end up with a character who is known as having this iconic sword, like his magical red sword, but he doesn’t have it yet. So what better way to start a big huge series than with a quest for a magic sword?” Soule said. “We’re going to explore the mythology around lightsabers to some degree, which will be very fun. I’m really lucky that I get to tell that story. Seems like a big piece of the puzzle for him.”

Its being described as Darth Vader: Year, and comes out in June.

http://www.cbr.com/darth-vader-marv...coli-star-wars/

Thoughts?

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Mar 10th, 2017 06:41 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

(please log in to view the image)

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Mar 10th, 2017 06:42 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Neat.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2017 06:42 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

I want a Mace comic, Dooku comic, Obi comic, Annie comic.

Stop milking Vader; give the man a rest.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Mar 10th, 2017 06:56 PM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Marvel and their damn relaunches.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2017 07:06 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Very nice.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2017 08:12 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

http://www.starwars.com/news/in-mar...tsaber-and-more

Ok, this sounds bad ass. I thought Gillen's Vader series was good but I wasn't a fan of the "robo-squad". This series, however, sounds far more my style as it seems like it will explore the more mythological elements of SW which I have always preferred. Soule already explored the ancient Sith a bit in the Lando comic and it was quite interesting, so I expect he will do fine here as well.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2017 05:45 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MythLord

as the resident skywalker fanboy here, yes.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2017 05:51 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by ares834
Marvel and their damn relaunches.

how babout making vader and the lost command canon

Old Post Mar 11th, 2017 05:52 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

I don't mind Vader taking centre-stage in the new canon, given that Vader has always taken centre-stage in Star Wars.

Still, I do want comics for the characters that Wollf listed. A comic on Ventress would also be nice.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2017 05:55 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by SunRazer
I don't mind Vader taking centre-stage in the new canon, given that Vader has always taken centre-stage in Star Wars.

Still, I do want comics for the characters that Wollf listed. A comic on Ventress would also be nice.

or...
just re;ease already good vader comics as canon and make material for characters whose story is now non existent

Old Post Mar 11th, 2017 06:04 AM
ares834

I wouldn't mind a Windu or Dooku mini-series, but I don't find either character interesting enough to carry an ongoing. As for Obi and Annie, because of TCW they currently have more content then anyone.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2017 06:16 AM
Unbowed

Sounds like shit.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2017 06:36 AM
Click here to Send Unbowed a Private Message Find more posts by Unbowed Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

the fck is this:
StarWars.com: What can we expect from the Vader/Palpatine relationship? At this point, they’ve had one real bit of conflict: Palpatine telling Vader that he had killed Padmé in his anger, which Vader didn’t quite believe. Is any of that father-son dynamic, even if it was phony on Palpatine’s side, still left?

Charles Soule: Absolutely, and I honestly don’t think it’s phony. That’s sort of the key to Palpatine and Anakin, in my mind. Palpatine does have an attachment to this guy. He’s a tool, and if he screws up I think the Emperor would discard him, but that’s not what he wants. He wants Vader to succeed, not just to further the goals of the Empire, but for his own sake. Vader and Palpatine are connected by true emotion, even if it’s twisted and dark. Palpatine is the only father Anakin ever knew, and just because their relationship has…evolved, let’s say…it doesn’t mean the core is gone. Fascinating dynamic to write — and we get a bunch of it in the series.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2017 06:42 AM
Flyattractor

So the reason the previous DV comic got "Cancelled" was just so they could have another #1 Issue to get the rabid fan-atics to buy it in mass?

Old Post Mar 11th, 2017 08:15 AM
Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Vaduuuur.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2017 12:34 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

so bored of vader

Old Post Mar 11th, 2017 12:46 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Poor Neph.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2017 12:48 PM
The_Tempest

Originally posted by ares834
I wouldn't mind a Windu or Dooku mini-series, but I don't find either character interesting enough to carry an ongoing. As for Obi and Annie, because of TCW they currently have more content then anyone.

Yeah, but you also think every episode of Rebels is a masterpiece.

Yuck.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2017 01:12 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheNuisanceBird
Wrecker - Scientist Class

Yeah Mace and Dooku seriously need more stuff in the new canon.

"Dooku is not top tier,-" - Jensaarai1.

YouTube Channel With VS Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbhNQdtnbLQf80P-91V917w
IG: red_spade_25
Twitter: @AnikenJonas

Old Post Mar 11th, 2017 02:45 PM
Click here to Send TheNuisanceBird a Private Message Find more posts by TheNuisanceBird Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote