KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » Women in the Military.....

Women in the Military.....
Started by: Rogue Jedi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Women in the Military.....

should women be allowed in the military?

if your answer is no, why not?
if your answer is yes, and they are the most qualified canditate out of the women AND the men, should they be placed in authoritave
positions, such as platoon leaders or as a commanding officer?

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2003 07:58 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

woman should be allowed in the military without a doubt, and if the military training does its job then woman should be allowed to do anything a man is allowed to do

Old Post Sep 12th, 2003 08:01 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

yeah they should be allowd in the military, and if they are better then everyone, including the male soldiers (and this is a big if) then yeah they should be platoon leaders.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2003 08:02 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

well..looks like somebody changed their opinion. thats 2 to zero for the women. 3 to zero if you count my decision.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2003 08:04 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

i didnt change my mind, i said if, meaning possibly, although i dont think its going to ever happen that way, i think most women become military leaders so the army doesnt look sexist.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2003 08:05 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

but you are insinuating that there no women out there capable of it...trust me, i am sure that there a lot more than you think.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2003 08:09 AM
BackFire

maybe at a crappy base camp.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2003 08:09 AM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

see? you are a chauvinist.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2003 08:10 AM
BackFire

i just dont find it very likely that a woman will be better then men at physical tests of strength. same reason i dont think they should be firefighters, they probably arent as physically strong as men.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2003 08:12 AM
finti

women have nothing to do in the military, I talk out of experiensed and they doent have what it takes to lead armed forces. At least not the ones I have encountered. But being in the military is different from country to country. In Norway it is mandatory for the men, women do it on a voulentarily basis and I think those who wants to do it underestimate the thoughness of being in the military

Old Post Sep 12th, 2003 08:17 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

well, there are several out there doing it...just because you dont know of any, it doesnt mean it aint true.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2003 08:19 AM
finti

ok let me ask this. How many have served time in the military forces of their country.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2003 08:23 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

I met a lot of different military nationalities on drills in winter warfare and it seems like they heave women in their ranks because they have to, not because they want to.

In Norway women who take officers education have "easier" demands for the requirements they have to meet to make it through the officers training. What I say is that an OC should have the total respect and obedience of their soldiers. The soldiers should feel their CO is the one that would do everything to bring them safe through this.
By having separate demands for the sexes they create a lack of confidence toward the female officers and if you dont have confidence in your officers then deserting soldiers is what you get

Take Israel, women who aint married before a certain age have to serve time in the military, dont see to many of them making officers though.
Gaddaffi on the other hands use females as bodyguards only, and those "babies" are after the reports highly trained so.............

What I think one of the problems with women in the military is that they seem to get to a certain point and then their biological clock start ticking and a lot of them dont go back to the military afterwards they find new lines of work

Old Post Sep 12th, 2003 09:09 AM
Fire

well I dunno, never been in the militairy never will, don't really believe in it (a national army for belgium I mean/I do believe in a EU fighting force), but that's just me. I think women should be allowed in the militairy but they need to take the same test as the men and score equally high, no bloody easier tests or anything.
IF they want to do the SAME job as a man they should MEET the SAME requirement

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Sep 12th, 2003 12:20 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

It is still the opinion of virtually all experts in the area that having women serving as combatants in the field reduces the operational effectiveness- of the MEN.

Both sexes do not work together in battle. You have to junk one or the other. And as an all-female army would obviously be less practical than an all-male one, it is the women that have to go. I think the opinion of the experts has to be respected here. It is no comment on those women who actually are physically capable of doing the jobs that men do (and certainly when not in the field women should be up there with men in all armed forces jobs, providing they meet the same requirements), simply an acknowledgement of the practicality that the armed forces have to work under.

Blame men for being idiots, if you want, but it is still the way it is!

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Sep 12th, 2003 at 12:57 PM

Old Post Sep 12th, 2003 12:53 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

maybe ush maybe

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Sep 12th, 2003 01:36 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChinaNiki
Dancing Queen

quote:
Blame men for being idiots, if you want, but it is still the way it is!

That's not the only part of the problem. In general people don't like to see women in combat because there is still this idea that they couldn't handle it. But then from the time you are a little girl society is telling you that you can't handle it because you are a girl so you are not as good as a man no matter how hard you try. As a girl you are not supposed to get too strong or you will be considered unfeminine, but to be considered feminine you have to be weak in some way or at least appear to be weak so men can feel strong. I'm so tired of this BS. I'm tired of women being held to a different standard so we don't upset delicate male egos around the world.

Made by the talented Godshinto

Old Post Sep 14th, 2003 06:11 AM
ChinaNiki is currently offline Click here to Send ChinaNiki a Private Message Find more posts by ChinaNiki Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Maximus_E.
Insane An' Enjoyin' It

I say if they want to be in the military, then they should be in the military. Some people actually live for that stuff, so why shouldn't they be able to do what they love?

Old Post Sep 14th, 2003 06:14 AM
Maximus_E. is currently offline Click here to Send Maximus_E. a Private Message Find more posts by Maximus_E. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FallingBlue
Twilight of Shadow

if they can do the job it doesnt matter if they're female or not

God is only a false hope

Old Post Sep 14th, 2003 07:29 AM
FallingBlue is currently offline Click here to Send FallingBlue a Private Message Find more posts by FallingBlue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
must_kill_Santa
Evil Princess

well i want to be in the army on the front line and no-ones gonna stop me if Men stopped looking at the womens ass's and payed attention the wouldnt ba a problem you guys have to understand we can look after ourselves and if we get shot thats our own fault

Old Post Sep 14th, 2003 11:42 AM
must_kill_Santa is currently offline Click here to Send must_kill_Santa a Private Message Find more posts by must_kill_Santa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote