KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » Is There A Difference Between Loving Someone And Being In Love Wit Someone?

Is There A Difference Between Loving Someone And Being In Love Wit Someone?
Started by: Neo_Version 7

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Neo_Version 7
Smile (:

Love Is There A Difference Between Loving Someone And Being In Love Wit Someone?

Well is there? I mean, you can say I love you to someone. But can't you say I love my dog, but Im not In love with her? Know what i mean>?!

Old Post Oct 8th, 2003 03:01 PM
Neo_Version 7 is currently offline Click here to Send Neo_Version 7 a Private Message Find more posts by Neo_Version 7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kostabot
I'm a rooster illusion

U-huh. I knw whatcha mean. The problem is. The word "Love" gets thrown around alot. and probably shouldnt be used so lightly, in ANY circumstance.

What is this I don't even

Old Post Oct 8th, 2003 03:07 PM
Kostabot is currently offline Click here to Send Kostabot a Private Message Find more posts by Kostabot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo_Version 7
Smile (:

Yeah! Word!

Old Post Oct 8th, 2003 03:08 PM
Neo_Version 7 is currently offline Click here to Send Neo_Version 7 a Private Message Find more posts by Neo_Version 7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

In my opinion, I do not like the way some people like to make this distinction- it just satisfies people's desire to say "I love you!" to people without it necessarily having to mean anything other than "I like you." And so later when they move away and you say "I thought you loved me" they can say back "Yeah, but I was not IN love with you...". Cheap, if you ask me.

But that is just me.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Oct 8th, 2003 03:09 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo_Version 7
Smile (:

I see.....U know Ush, ur really wise when it come 2 sex and shit. You really are.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2003 03:10 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Well, I cannot pretend to be the world's greatest expert. But intense emotion like this is something worth putting a lot of thought into.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Oct 8th, 2003 03:13 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo_Version 7
Smile (:

Whoah, Nelly! I know what you mean, Ush!

Old Post Oct 8th, 2003 03:16 PM
Kes
Philie

Well but like you love your parents but your not in love with them.
But thats an english language thing from my point of view.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2003 03:20 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo_Version 7
Smile (:

Yeah, I guess in a way thatz one way of looking at it.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2003 03:21 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Yeah, but that is so obvious that no-one would need to put it like in the thread title. When someone says "I love all my friends!" anyone with a brain knows that is not literal. But when someone needs to feel the need to specify it as Neo asks about in the thread title, that is when alarm bells start to ring for me, because that is when I think they are just wanting to be able to say they love someone without the possible guilt of changing their mind later.

BtVS

Old Post Oct 8th, 2003 03:26 PM
Kostabot
I'm a rooster illusion

So u dissagre with me Ush? Cuz I believe the word Love should be used for waht it means. not as LIKE. cuz that a whole diff word.

What is this I don't even

Old Post Oct 8th, 2003 03:28 PM
Kostabot is currently offline Click here to Send Kostabot a Private Message Find more posts by Kostabot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
must_kill_Santa
Evil Princess

i love all my friends but im not in love with them

must_kill_Santa is currently offline Click here to Send must_kill_Santa a Private Message Find more posts by must_kill_Santa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I don't disagree with what you said at all. I reckon when people are trying to tell someone "I love you but I am not in love with you" they are erroneously saying love instead of like.

BtVS

Neo_Version 7
Smile (:

I don't mean that man. I like (love?) this one girl, I really do. I'd NeVer take anything back that I ever said. Even if she ****in shot me accidentally with a goddamn gun and all, hell, I'd still love her. I really would. Im a madman sometimes. i really am.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2003 03:30 PM
Kes
Philie

quote:
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Yeah, but that is so obvious that no-one would need to put it like in the thread title. When someone says "I love all my friends!" anyone with a brain knows that is not literal. But when someone needs to feel the need to specify it as Neo asks about in the thread title, that is when alarm bells start to ring for me, because that is when I think they are just wanting to be able to say they love someone without the possible guilt of changing their mind later.

Thats why I said its an english language thing (I my point of view).
In portuguese they are actually to different words.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2003 03:31 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

quote:
Originally posted by Neo_Version 7
I don't mean that man. I like (love?) this one girl, I really do. I'd NeVer take anything back that I ever said. Even if she ****in shot me accidentally with a goddamn gun and all, hell, I'd still love her. I really would. Im a madman sometimes. i really am.

lol I think we all know that big grin

Old Post Oct 8th, 2003 03:31 PM
must_kill_Santa
Evil Princess

yeah i no

Old Post Oct 8th, 2003 03:32 PM
must_kill_Santa is currently offline Click here to Send must_kill_Santa a Private Message Find more posts by must_kill_Santa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Thanks, MKS...

That sounds a lot more sensible to me, kes.

BtVS

Old Post Oct 8th, 2003 03:32 PM
Kes
Philie

quote:
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Thanks, MKS...

That sounds a lot more sensible to me, kes.

We're very pratical wink
Of course most ppl just say I love you anyway laughing out loud

Old Post Oct 8th, 2003 03:34 PM
must_kill_Santa
Evil Princess

it really does thats why our language is so easy to learn but is so complex to understand

Old Post Oct 8th, 2003 03:35 PM