KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » what makes a true goth?

what makes a true goth?
Started by: poisoned_heart

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
poisoned_heart
use my body 2 keep u warm

Question what makes a true goth?

mad F\/<k. people are pissing me off. they are trying to tell me what goth is and then tell me i am not goth. the next day they tell me what goth is and aperantly overnight, i have become goth. i dont' consider myself a goth. what do you interpret goth to be?

i think of goth as a style. not style as in what you wear but how you live and your attitude. not someone that wears black and wears balls. goths can mostly be found by what they wear but that is still their own attitude flowing out onto their clothing. posers are preppies that dress goth and carry around spell books all day cuase they think that its goth. anyways. what do YOU Think.

smokin' = Happy Dance

i never seem to find a reason to let you in again or forgive you. I'm sick of feeling like i need you. Knowing i never did, but i miss you. Talking and breaking and hating. I remember all that you say to me now, faking forsaking and failing. My memories are all stained again.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2003 06:45 AM
poisoned_heart is currently offline Click here to Send poisoned_heart a Private Message Find more posts by poisoned_heart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Roulette
Freak

altho others may not agree, in my opinion, it is, as you sed, not jus de make up, but also their lifestyle, in relation to how they feel inside, their emotions and as such......and how they look upon the world.....

Madness, as you know, is like gravity...all it takes is a little push.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2003 06:49 AM
Roulette is currently offline Click here to Send Roulette a Private Message Find more posts by Roulette Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
poisoned_heart
use my body 2 keep u warm

yeah exactly what i was trying to say. lol.

i never seem to find a reason to let you in again or forgive you. I'm sick of feeling like i need you. Knowing i never did, but i miss you. Talking and breaking and hating. I remember all that you say to me now, faking forsaking and failing. My memories are all stained again.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2003 06:55 AM
poisoned_heart is currently offline Click here to Send poisoned_heart a Private Message Find more posts by poisoned_heart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Roulette
Freak

embarrasment whoops......oh, well den i agree wit usmile

Madness, as you know, is like gravity...all it takes is a little push.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2003 07:23 AM
Roulette is currently offline Click here to Send Roulette a Private Message Find more posts by Roulette Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeNiro

Its funny Like there are a million goths/punks what ever u want to call thema t my school. and they all say im not part of a group im my self im like oo god shutup ur a punk or a goth waht ever u would like to catorgies it either way i just say the people that dress werid. all these kids at my school want to be differnt and dress outragously and just look dumb but its funny cause mostly the whole school is is like them goth or punk and the real differnt ones r actully the preppies which would be me. and i never ask my goth friends this but honestly r u seriosuly thinking ur going to dress like that when ur older No way unless u stay dumb ur whole life but if u like it more power to u just dont tell me a prep that i am part of the crowd when really its u trying to be a poser with a group

Old Post Dec 26th, 2003 07:35 AM
DeNiro is currently offline Click here to Send DeNiro a Private Message Find more posts by DeNiro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gotwa
Ring Master

Most people think its the beliefs or the way you dress. I think it's how you act and stuff. You can be jewish, christian, buddhist, and still be 'gothic'. I myself, however, do not consider myself anything. I only label to satiate peoples minds.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2003 07:37 AM
Gotwa is currently offline Click here to Send Gotwa a Private Message Find more posts by Gotwa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeNiro

also ur style in music plays a role in it except for me i am a meatl head i like mudvayne slipknot manson pantera etc but i dont dress like them but really they dress like there idols i guess like i dress like the people i think r cool on tv but i started dressing preppie without a influece i just liked the cloths and then evryone at my school copied off of me which i didnt mind stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 26th, 2003 07:41 AM
DeNiro is currently offline Click here to Send DeNiro a Private Message Find more posts by DeNiro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

I think of Goth as a point of view. I think of Preppie as a point of view as well. One is not better than the other, and both cannot truly be defined. What you really should be going for is Goth-Prep!

Old Post Dec 26th, 2003 07:57 AM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

I also think the true goths have to eat live chicken heads in order to be true.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2003 08:06 AM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeNiro

Thats not funny TH stick out tongue

god I know u guys never seen me but having me put black lip stick on with a Abercrombie and Fitch shirt and baggy pants with chains on them with Dr. martins just wouldnt look good no

Old Post Dec 26th, 2003 08:06 AM
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

Are you kidding, D? That sounds classic! You should totally do it just to see if all the other kids at your school copy you. stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 26th, 2003 08:09 AM
DeNiro

Ive worked to hard to get where i am on the popularite list to try something crazy like that laughing out loud but that would be wild to see. it is funny cause i d love west coast choppers and the only place i can buy there shit is from hot topic and hot rags and when i walk into hot topic with all my abercrombie and fitch stuff on i get 20 looks from everyone like omg r u lost what the hell r u doing in here laughing out loud cracks me up everytime.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2003 08:20 AM
DeNiro

U would never see a goth walking into AnF or even close to it as a matter a fact. I think they think we have a force sheild around the store so if ne of them walk near it they will explode or something

Old Post Dec 26th, 2003 08:24 AM
Treehuggerjanie
im thinking about...

Its wrong to catergorize. Sure you can have a certyain style but its wrong when your reffered to as weird if your gothic or a punk or whatever.
Im what people call a goth and what i think the stereotypical goth is like is black clothing all the time, cuffs/dog collars, and often white face with black makeup.That sorta stuff.
I often wear that sort of stuff but i dont go around saying "hey there, im a goth!" because again its just categorizing yourself. You are who you choose to be and your style is whatever you want it to be, and you dont need to be labelled but yeah, what i said before is what i call gothic.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2003 03:49 PM
Treehuggerjanie is currently offline Click here to Send Treehuggerjanie a Private Message Find more posts by Treehuggerjanie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Furious Angel

janie i agree very much yes

im sort of a nothing...most of the goths in my school hate me along with basically lots of people because...well i dont know messed but anyway its all good because i can do whatever i want and no one cares. im just a different person than almost everyone else, and my friends are like that too. just being yourself is the most important thing thumb up

Old Post Dec 26th, 2003 03:55 PM
Furious Angel is currently offline Click here to Send Furious Angel a Private Message Find more posts by Furious Angel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Treehuggerjanie
im thinking about...

yeah your right. I be myself and most people are alright with it but some lowlifes have a go at you just because your not like them which is dumb. Yeah well what can you do! Theyll get whats coming one day.evil facej/k
as long as people are happy with there style then great!

Old Post Dec 26th, 2003 04:01 PM
Treehuggerjanie is currently offline Click here to Send Treehuggerjanie a Private Message Find more posts by Treehuggerjanie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Furious Angel

definitely yes

Old Post Dec 26th, 2003 04:07 PM
Furious Angel is currently offline Click here to Send Furious Angel a Private Message Find more posts by Furious Angel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mikeysgothicgur
Fuct Up Kid

Here's my oppinion, goth is a state of mind and a religon.

To alcohol and cigarettes and maryjane -Jesus of Subrbia (Greenday)
I'm not part of a redneack agenda -American Idiot (Greenday)

Old Post Dec 26th, 2003 04:28 PM
mikeysgothicgur is currently offline Click here to Send mikeysgothicgur a Private Message Find more posts by mikeysgothicgur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Treehuggerjanie
im thinking about...

Yeah.Im likin your sig. We goths may not fit in completely but thats not always a bad thing.
nobody fits in thoratically becayse everyone is different. Its just that how different you are from the average person varys greatly.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2003 04:48 PM
Clavis
HOT

make-up makes the miracle yes

Old Post Dec 26th, 2003 05:18 PM
Clavis is currently offline Click here to Send Clavis a Private Message Find more posts by Clavis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote