KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » Scorpionic Influences in the OTF

Scorpionic Influences in the OTF
Started by: Syren

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Syren
dreaming

Cool Scorpionic Influences in the OTF

The Scorpion
October 24th to November 22nd

Scorpios are the most intense, profound, powerful characters in the zodiac. Even when they appear self-controlled and calm there is a seething intensity of emotional energy under the placid exterior. They are like the volcano not far under the surface of a calm sea, it may burst into eruption at any moment. In conventional social gatherings they are pleasant to be with, thoughtful in conversation, dignified, and reserved, yet affable and courteous.

Their tenacity and willpower are immense, their depth of character and passionate conviction overwhelming, yet they are deeply sensitive and easily moved by their emotions. Their sensitivity, together with a propensity for extreme likes and dislikes make them easily hurt, quick to detect insult or injury to themselves (often when none is intended) and easily aroused to ferocious anger. This may express itself in such destructive speech or action that they make lifelong enemies by their outspokenness, for they find it difficult not to be overly critical of anything or anyone to whom they take a dislike.

They are too demanding, too unforgiving of faults in others, perhaps because they are not aware of the shortcomings within themselves, and extravagantly express their self-disgust in unreasonable resentment against their fellows. They do, however, make excellent friends, provided that their companions do nothing to impugn the honor of which Scorpios are very jealous.

They are fortunate in that their strong reasoning powers are tempered with imagination and intuition, and these gifts, together with critical perception and analytical capacity, can enable the Scorpions to penetrate to profundities beyond the average. Brooding resentment, aggressive and sadistic brutality, total arrogance, morbid jealousy, extreme volatility of temperament, these are some of their vices.

Scorpio is the symbol of sex and Scorpios are passionate lovers, the most sensually energetic of all the signs. For them, union with the beloved is a sacrament, an "outward and visible sign of an inward and spiritual grace.". Their overriding urge in loving is to use their power to penetrate beyond themselves and to lose themselves sexually in their partners in an almost mystical ecstasy, thus discovering the meaning of that union which is greater than individuality, and is a marriage of the spirit as well as of flesh. They are thus capable of the greatest heights of passionate transport, but debauchery and perversion are always dangers, and Scorpios can become sadistic monsters of sensuality and eroticism. Their feelings are so intense that even when their love is of the highest, and most idealistic kind, they are nevertheless frequently protagonists in tragic, even violent romances, "star-crossed lovers".

Hell yeah!!!

I totally agree with all of the above, and that's rare for me big grin

I made this thread in tribute to all the Scorpios I have met here so far, all you others feel free to add yourself, and those of other signs, post here too, with a description of your sign and which parts you feel best describe you.

So far, I've found that these members share the same sign.......

Storm - 7th
Linkalicious - 9th
Sexay1 - 9th
Syren - 11th
Thorondor - 14th
Barakus (my bro) - 19th

Anyone else???

ThorinWoofer

Old Post May 5th, 2004 07:33 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CherryPop
I'm Bringing Sexy Back

Sweet! I had a feeling you'd make this thread Sy.

My Sig Gallery Taking Requests

Old Post May 5th, 2004 07:35 PM
CherryPop is currently offline Click here to Send CherryPop a Private Message Find more posts by CherryPop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fëanor

me...13th

Old Post May 5th, 2004 07:36 PM
Fëanor is currently offline Click here to Send Fëanor a Private Message Find more posts by Fëanor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thorondor
Love?

(please log in to view the image)

big grin

A God Among Geeks

Old Post May 5th, 2004 07:37 PM
Thorondor is currently offline Click here to Send Thorondor a Private Message Find more posts by Thorondor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sed
Popsicle canibal

I like the Scorpio over my stupid Virgo sign.
Why could'nt I be born a month later?

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Old Post May 5th, 2004 07:38 PM
Sed is currently offline Click here to Send Sed a Private Message Find more posts by Sed Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nienna
nonexistent

lol! Yay for you all! big grin

Old Post May 5th, 2004 07:38 PM
Nienna is currently offline Click here to Send Nienna a Private Message Find more posts by Nienna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fëanor

quote:
Originally posted by Thorondor
(please log in to view the image)

big grin

i like the big black ones...

*just realized what i wrote*

i meant the scorpions... embarrasment

Old Post May 5th, 2004 07:39 PM
Fëanor is currently offline Click here to Send Fëanor a Private Message Find more posts by Fëanor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CherryPop
I'm Bringing Sexy Back

My friend Lonely4eva was born December 31st. So that would make her a....Capricorn i think. Could somone tel me what she is.

Old Post May 5th, 2004 07:39 PM
CherryPop is currently offline Click here to Send CherryPop a Private Message Find more posts by CherryPop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lightningrod
gay o' time

correct

Old Post May 5th, 2004 07:43 PM
Lightningrod is currently offline Click here to Send Lightningrod a Private Message Find more posts by Lightningrod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

yup Leena's a Capricorn

Damn us Scorpios are sexy bitches.....well i'm a ba.stard not a b!tch....but you know...

Old Post May 5th, 2004 07:45 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lightningrod
gay o' time

[edit]

Last edited by Lightningrod on May 5th, 2004 at 07:50 PM

Old Post May 5th, 2004 07:46 PM
Lightningrod is currently offline Click here to Send Lightningrod a Private Message Find more posts by Lightningrod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thorondor
Love?

*totally agrees*

A God Among Geeks

Old Post May 5th, 2004 07:46 PM
Thorondor is currently offline Click here to Send Thorondor a Private Message Find more posts by Thorondor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fëanor

quote:
Originally posted by Linkalicious
yup Leena's a Capricorn

Damn us Scorpios are sexy bitches.....well i'm a ba.stard not a b!tch....but you know...

well you could always be a b!tchy [email protected]

*kidding*

Old Post May 5th, 2004 07:53 PM
CherryPop
I'm Bringing Sexy Back

*shakes Head* Link do you kiss your mother with that mouth. Naughty Naughty!

Old Post May 5th, 2004 07:54 PM
Syren
dreaming

quote:
Originally posted by Sexay1
Sweet! I had a feeling you'd make this thread Sy.

Well, how did you know that??

I get it, it's because I always make threads about myself big grin

ThorinWoofer

Old Post May 5th, 2004 08:03 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious

quote:
Originally posted by Sexay1
*shakes Head* Link do you kiss your mother with that mouth. Naughty Naughty!

No... no

But if you're mom is anywhere near as cute as her....she'll do. big grin yes

Old Post May 5th, 2004 08:10 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CherryPop
I'm Bringing Sexy Back

No it's because you've been talkiing about Scorpio lately

Old Post May 5th, 2004 08:11 PM
CherryPop
I'm Bringing Sexy Back

quote:
Originally posted by Linkalicious
No... no

But if you're mom is anywhere near as cute as her....she'll do. big grin yes

My mom's a 45 year old crackhead/chainsmoker. You wanna kiss her go ahead

Old Post May 5th, 2004 08:11 PM
Sed
Popsicle canibal

attractive

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Old Post May 5th, 2004 08:13 PM
Sed is currently offline Click here to Send Sed a Private Message Find more posts by Sed Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious

Are you sure we don't have the same mother?

Old Post May 5th, 2004 08:13 PM