KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » Pollution of the OTF

Pollution of the OTF
Started by: Smallville

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Smallville
Last Son of Krypton

Pollution of the OTF

Why is it now the "cool" thing to do to pollute the Off-Topic Forum with utter nonsense?

I understand that this is the Forum with "No Rules," but that does not condone starting threads dealing with measuring the size of genetalia or whether or not somebody is a homosexual. Are the moderators that bored, or is there a contest I am unaware of that is dealing with the amount of threads you can have closed?

There is no need for this, people. The OTF is loaded with "crap" (as it has been affectionately deemed) in the first place; an abundace of copycat threads, tonnes of counting games, and so much other things.

Please stop with the cries for closed threads. We dont need it.

Thanks!

- Scottie.

P.S. My rant is now over, and I feel much better.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2004 05:14 PM
Smallville is currently offline Click here to Send Smallville a Private Message Find more posts by Smallville Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gaca
KATIUSHA

if you mean today: Sock.

anyday else: stupidity.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2004 05:16 PM
Gaca is currently offline Click here to Send Gaca a Private Message Find more posts by Gaca Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smallville
Last Son of Krypton

I know there is a lot of socking going on... but I suppose I was right in my assumption that these people are trying to be nice and keep the mods from growing bored.

There is a fine line between "funny stupid" and "senseless stupid." Tired Hiker is pretty much the line.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: That means you are funny, Preston

Old Post Oct 12th, 2004 05:17 PM
Smallville is currently offline Click here to Send Smallville a Private Message Find more posts by Smallville Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gaca
KATIUSHA

nah, they're just really bored

Old Post Oct 12th, 2004 05:19 PM
Gaca is currently offline Click here to Send Gaca a Private Message Find more posts by Gaca Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

laughing out loud I think people misunderstand how the OTF says it's the forum with no rules. They don't seem to realize that the KMC rules still apply.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Oct 12th, 2004 05:20 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smallville
Last Son of Krypton

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Utter nonsense. New rule for KMC... you must have an IQ above 12 to start.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2004 05:23 PM
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

quote:
Originally posted by Samurai Guy
I know there is a lot of socking going on... but I suppose I was right in my assumption that these people are trying to be nice and keep the mods from growing bored.

There is a fine line between "funny stupid" and "senseless stupid." Tired Hiker is pretty much the line.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: That means you are funny, Preston

I'm ultra flattered! laughing out loud And about the socks, I have no idea who is who anymore. I thought everyone had left and then I realized, okay, so and so changed their username. I can't keep track of it folks. So please, if you know me, please send me a pm or post here as to who you used to be. Like you, Samurai Guy! I know I know you, I just can't remember who you were before. ?? erm ??

Old Post Oct 12th, 2004 05:25 PM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

quote:
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Utter nonsense. New rule for KMC... you must have an IQ above 12 to start.

That would wipe out...about 75% of the members though laughing out loud

Old Post Oct 12th, 2004 05:27 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smallville
Last Son of Krypton

quote:
Originally posted by Tired Hiker
I'm ultra flattered! laughing out loud And about the socks, I have no idea who is who anymore. I thought everyone had left and then I realized, okay, so and so changed their username. I can't keep track of it folks. So please, if you know me, please send me a pm or post here as to who you used to be. Like you, Samurai Guy! I know I know you, I just can't remember who you were before. ?? erm ??

I am not a sock...right now. shifty I used to be:

1) Cyclops
2) VENOMfanFAN
3) Lil' BackFire

and now I am Samurai Guy. big grin

Old Post Oct 12th, 2004 05:32 PM
Smallville
Last Son of Krypton

quote:
Originally posted by Silver Stardust
That would wipe out...about 75% of the members though laughing out loud

If it would stop the KMC penis measuring contests, then that would be a welcome change.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2004 05:32 PM
Peach
mordrem

Agreed.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2004 05:34 PM
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

quote:
I am not a sock...right now. shifty I used to be:

1) Cyclops
2) VENOMfanFAN
3) Lil' BackFire

and now I am Samurai Guy. big grin

Okay, cool beans! big grin You were a huge influence in the pad! wink Oh the times we had. big grin

Old Post Oct 12th, 2004 05:37 PM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Storm
Black belt BJJ

It won' t change. My similar rant months ago leaded to the OTF question which finally resulted into the Ignore option.

I am not driven by people’ s praise and I am not slowed down by people’ s criticism.
You only live once. But if you live it right, once is enough. Wrong. We only die once, we live every day!
Make poverty history.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2004 05:43 PM
Storm is currently offline Click here to Send Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smallville
Last Son of Krypton

I know, Stormy... I just needed to vent a little. Sorry for polluting the OTF more. laughing

quote:
Originally posted by Tired Hiker
Okay, cool beans! big grin You were a huge influence in the pad! wink Oh the times we had. big grin

Good ole' threads about BackFire.

If I change my name again, I will send you a PM and let you know. wink

Old Post Oct 12th, 2004 05:46 PM
lil bitchiness
-

Re: Pollution of the OTF

quote:
Why is it now the "cool" thing to do to pollute the Off-Topic Forum with utter nonsense?

I understand that this is the Forum with "No Rules," but that does not condone starting threads dealing with measuring the size of genetalia or whether or not somebody is a homosexual. Are the moderators that bored, or is there a contest I am unaware of that is dealing with the amount of threads you can have closed?

There is no need for this, people. The OTF is loaded with "crap" (as it has been affectionately deemed) in the first place; an abundace of copycat threads, tonnes of counting games, and so much other things.

Thanks!

- Scottie.

P.S. My rant is now over, and I feel much better.

I went on a closing/merging spree this aternoon.

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Oct 12th, 2004 05:47 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smallville
Last Son of Krypton

I noticed, and you have my thanks for that. You are the Bestest Mod Ever!

Old Post Oct 12th, 2004 05:51 PM
pinsleepe
Angelina Jolie Fetishist

SCOTT! YOU'RE RIGHT! eek!

Old Post Oct 12th, 2004 06:16 PM
pinsleepe is currently offline Click here to Send pinsleepe a Private Message Find more posts by pinsleepe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

Re: Pollution of the OTF

quote:

it's the OTF, you can post anything, if you think it's nonsense there is an option to ignore threads you can use

quote:
I understand that this is the Forum with "No Rules," but that does not condone starting threads dealing with measuring the size of genetalia or whether or not somebody is a homosexual.

if it's here, then yes, apperently so

quote:
The OTF is loaded with "crap" (as it has been affectionately deemed) in the first place; an abundace of copycat threads, tonnes of counting games, and so much other things.

Use the ignore option

Old Post Oct 12th, 2004 06:19 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smallville
Last Son of Krypton

Re: Re: Pollution of the OTF

quote:
Originally posted by yerssot
it's the OTF, you can post anything, if you think it's nonsense there is an option to ignore threads you can use. Use the ignore option

Yes, there is an ignore option, but what I meant was moreso "Why start a thread that you know is going to be closed.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2004 06:36 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Re: Re: Re: Pollution of the OTF

quote:
Yes, there is an ignore option, but what I meant was moreso "Why start a thread that you know is going to be closed.

The answer is painfully obvious when you think about it -- Because they're stupid.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2004 08:55 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote