KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » MPAA Lawsuits

MPAA Lawsuits
Started by: shugie99

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
shugie99

MPAA Lawsuits

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/th...t_id=1000706666

I just noticed this article on the Hollywood Reporter homepage. I didn’t realize the movie industry was already taking action against illegally downloading movies off the internet. I thought I would share the news since I know there are a lot of movie lovers here like me. The thought of movies for free is nice, but not worth being sued by the MPAA over.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2004 04:38 PM
shugie99 is currently offline Click here to Send shugie99 a Private Message Find more posts by shugie99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

You hiding something sweetie?

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Dec 8th, 2004 04:44 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

Eh I dont have the patience it takes to download a movie off the net, I mean that takes bloody hours messed

Old Post Dec 8th, 2004 04:56 PM
~JP~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shaolin Monk
Tech Junkie

quote:
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
Eh I dont have the patience it takes to download a movie off the net, I mean that takes bloody hours messed

not if you are on broadband, and use the right program(s)...so I hear

<`Syntax> iListen to pink floyd: wall.modify(numBricks++);

Old Post Dec 8th, 2004 07:01 PM
Shaolin Monk is currently offline Click here to Send Shaolin Monk a Private Message Find more posts by Shaolin Monk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eggmayo

well so i hear, if you use kazaa lite, and have a 750 kb broadband hookup, you can download them in about two hours.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2004 07:09 PM
eggmayo is currently offline Click here to Send eggmayo a Private Message Find more posts by eggmayo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

that's only if the connection speed they are being sent at is fast. It goes both ways, how fast they send, and how fast you recieve. I hear in South Korea download speed is like 10x faster for broadband than the average American home.

and who wouldn't thought....downloading movies illegally could send you to jail. What a surprise...

Old Post Dec 8th, 2004 07:18 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eggmayo

Nah, mostly the movies on kazaa have like 8 users sharing them.

So I Hear.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2004 07:19 PM
eggmayo is currently offline Click here to Send eggmayo a Private Message Find more posts by eggmayo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shugie99

Well downloading can also be really bad for your computer. My friend has had some issues.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2004 11:28 PM
shugie99 is currently offline Click here to Send shugie99 a Private Message Find more posts by shugie99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shaolin Monk
Tech Junkie

but if you know what you are doing, problems wont arise

<`Syntax> iListen to pink floyd: wall.modify(numBricks++);

Old Post Dec 14th, 2004 12:10 AM
Shaolin Monk is currently offline Click here to Send Shaolin Monk a Private Message Find more posts by Shaolin Monk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Surgent
KMC's #1 Fake Mod

All I'm going to say is that when SW: ROTS comes out, I'm going to watch it several times in the theater, then I'm going to download it and watch that version. When it comes out on DVD I'll buy that as well.

Crime?

Old Post Dec 14th, 2004 12:27 AM
Darth Surgent is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Surgent a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Surgent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Londonboy7
Dance DODODUDODODO

ya Spware

quote:

I'm suing you for being a London Boy. And London Boys are sexeh. [/B]

Protected by the Dynomite Cult
KMC GANG MEMBER

Old Post Dec 14th, 2004 01:26 AM
Londonboy7 is currently offline Click here to Send Londonboy7 a Private Message Find more posts by Londonboy7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote