KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » My local rock station got the ax

My local rock station got the ax
Started by: RZA

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
RZA
Shaolin Monk

Angry My local rock station got the ax

Man, I'm pissed as hell and at the same time depressed but mostly pissed off. I can't believe they killed the only rock station down here and on top of that they go ahead and replace it with another spanish station. We need another latin station down here like we need a hole in our heads, its ridiculous!! mad

No more morning show, no more listening to my favorite music and station, no more live streaming, no more concert ticket giveaways, no more socials, no more events period. Rock n Roll has officially died here.
(please log in to view the image)
sad

Does anyone know of a really good alternative rock station that streams on the net?, so I can at least listen to it on my laptop or when I'm at work. I remember when I use to recommend mine to my out of state friends.

‘Sorry but I just can’t trust anything that bleeds for about a week and doesn’t die’ My poetry and stuff

Old Post Feb 18th, 2005 07:21 AM
RZA is currently offline Click here to Send RZA a Private Message Find more posts by RZA Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

http://www.hardradio.com/ ?

http://www.3wk.com/

I just went to google.com and typed 'internet rock radio' hehe

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Feb 18th, 2005 07:29 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RZA
Shaolin Monk

quote:
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
http://www.hardradio.com/ ?

http://www.3wk.com/

I just went to google.com and typed 'internet rock radio' hehe

Thanx dude, but I was looking more for alternative rock. These two are metal and classic. And what I was really hoping for was a local station with a morning show and stuff that streams like mine use to do. Thanx for the help anyways tho.

‘Sorry but I just can’t trust anything that bleeds for about a week and doesn’t die’ My poetry and stuff

Old Post Feb 18th, 2005 07:39 AM
RZA is currently offline Click here to Send RZA a Private Message Find more posts by RZA Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

http://www.wazee.org/ (it says alternative)

I think this place give a list of alternative rock stations

http://www.radiorow.com/stations/alternative.htm

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Feb 18th, 2005 08:20 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

Re: My local rock station got the ax

quote:
Originally posted by RZA
Man, I'm pissed as hell and at the same time depressed but mostly pissed off. I can't believe they killed the only rock station down here and on top of that they go ahead and replace it with another spanish station. We need another latin station down here like we need a hole in our heads, its ridiculous!! mad

You wouldn't happen to be speaking of KSJO, would you? blink

Old Post Feb 18th, 2005 10:03 AM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

http://www.shoutcast.com got some pretty good radio stations on good for alternative rock and other crazy music

Old Post Feb 18th, 2005 03:27 PM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jackie Malfoy
Jacks

That is horrible.I would be mad too.I guess you have to change your favorite station now or listen to this all day El Sintra coma la pan!JM

Lord Matt Parker Clare moose Clovie Danii furryman Shellie Jason Yoda(Son) chris Slipknot English(son)a1hsauce ROB Penny Alice and Taft Napalm Sim Telperala Bardock42 Aku Lara Spriderman Lady Slytherin Mike Cherrypie and Fearnix Raggie Dark1365 Syren Tired Hiker LadyGrim and Spoonly(mypimp)Puddin Gisele FEDfan316 and Dean spazzymcgee14 Kharhmah Pink Diamond Lazerus(Husband) Syko Freak Lance Bordom Laurie kelly jason Bert Tecknoyashi Maya Grand Moff Gav(Lawer) Fopret Ketchuptome23453245 Gen Grevious(son) Chelsea17 Snehin Apollox Shaggy2dope(son)Big Evil Twelling4ever Powerfulone DamienB Mew Cherry Leowyatt.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2005 03:34 PM
Jackie Malfoy is currently offline Click here to Send Jackie Malfoy a Private Message Find more posts by Jackie Malfoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Napalm
Mr. Hyde

There arnt any good radio stations were I live

Bud list SlipknoT,42bardock,Freddy love,Similing Sadly,Mr Parker, Jackie Malfoy,Aku

Old Post Feb 18th, 2005 04:11 PM
Napalm is currently offline Click here to Send Napalm a Private Message Find more posts by Napalm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LonelyDarkness

quote:
Originally posted by Napalm
There arnt any good radio stations were I live

same here sad

Old Post Feb 18th, 2005 07:54 PM
LonelyDarkness is currently offline Click here to Send LonelyDarkness a Private Message Find more posts by LonelyDarkness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

I have satalite radio

Rob Owns You, Barbarossa, Tired Hiker, Fearnix, Ronny, Raven Guardia, Wolflet, DEM, spidergrl, Dr. Strangelove, eggmayo, Filth, Korri, JM, Ken Kenobi, ~Sir Mist~, Lana

Old Post Feb 18th, 2005 07:58 PM
SlipknoT is currently offline Click here to Send SlipknoT a Private Message Find more posts by SlipknoT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gisele
XTornXEmoX

OMG! IS your fav radio 99.1 ?

i love him..he loves me..what more could I want

Old Post Feb 18th, 2005 08:01 PM
Gisele is currently offline Click here to Send Gisele a Private Message Find more posts by Gisele Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eggmayo

We have crap in England.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2005 08:05 PM
eggmayo is currently offline Click here to Send eggmayo a Private Message Find more posts by eggmayo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

same here.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2005 08:05 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SithSpy
Prodigal Son

Yeah you wouldnt be talking about wash d.c.'s very own WHFS 99.1 would u, or is there now an epidemic of good rock stations falling to the spanish crossover plague

Old Post Feb 18th, 2005 08:07 PM
SithSpy is currently offline Click here to Send SithSpy a Private Message Find more posts by SithSpy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ericadurancefan
looking for hott chicks

im from the middle of nowhere michigan and about a year and a half ago they axed my favorite radio station,i know what you mean mad

Old Post Feb 18th, 2005 10:00 PM
ericadurancefan is currently offline Click here to Send ericadurancefan a Private Message Find more posts by ericadurancefan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MC Mike
Voice of the Voiceless

Holy shit! Rock stations are axing everwhere! Here in Houston as well!

A posse ad esse.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2005 01:36 AM
MC Mike is currently offline Click here to Send MC Mike a Private Message Find more posts by MC Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RZA
Shaolin Monk

Actually I was talking about 94.9 Zeta. Most of you might not recognize the station obviously cause it was a local one but they had a really cool morning show with Lex and Terry and they're pretty much everywhere.

They would do this thing called DBF every Friday. It stood for "Drunk ***** Friday". It was funny as hell. laughing out loud

I'm really surprised to hear that it's happening elsewhere too, that sucks! What I miss most is the music of course.

Anyways I guess I'll just have to get satellite radio eventually, I just hate subscription fees. I need another monthly fee like I need....well you know.

Till then no more Green Day, no more 3 days grace, no more Breaking Benjamin, no more Crossfade, no more Chili Peppers, no more Audioslave, no more Linkin Park, no more Pearl Jam....etc...etc.

Well, I'm off to buy a whole bunch of cds or do some illegal downloading, what ever comes first or what ever's cheaper wink

Last edited by RZA on Feb 19th, 2005 at 06:36 AM

Old Post Feb 19th, 2005 06:28 AM
RZA
Shaolin Monk

quote:
Originally posted by Spooony
http://www.shoutcast.com got some pretty good radio stations on good for alternative rock and other crazy music

quote:
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
http://www.wazee.org/ (it says alternative)

I think this place give a list of alternative rock stations

http://www.radiorow.com/stations/alternative.htm

Thanx guys, I'll check it out.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2005 06:35 AM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

I don't listen to the radio anymore

Old Post Feb 19th, 2005 06:56 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote