KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » Going too far!

Going too far!
Started by: Kosta

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kostabot
I'm a rooster illusion

Miffed Going too far!

WTF? Ronny just told me theyre trying to raise the legal drinking age in America to 25! no expression It doesnt really concern me as In Aus its 18 and Im 18, so I really shouldnt care, but its just STUPID! Who things its going too damn far? Soon tis gonna be, "youre not allowed to drink unless youre over 50 and in a padded room to ensure your safety.

What is this I don't even

Old Post May 9th, 2005 03:53 AM
Kostabot is currently offline Click here to Send Kostabot a Private Message Find more posts by Kostabot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Coldfire
<3 <3 <3

Yeah I see your point there. Raising the age also just ensures that more people under the limit will start drinking, to be all "rebellious" and shit.

Old Post May 9th, 2005 03:58 AM
Coldfire is currently offline Click here to Send Coldfire a Private Message Find more posts by Coldfire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
an_old_wonderer

are you serious? im 15 and i dont want to drink but WTF! it used to be 18 im like "ok that sounds reasonable" they raised it to 21 and i thought "ok well i guess its ok for now as long it doesnt go higher" but now its 25!? holy ****...but hey im in texas and i dont know if its the same everywhere else but the law here is if your parent lets you drink with them, its ok :O big grin

Old Post May 9th, 2005 04:04 AM
an_old_wonderer is currently offline Click here to Send an_old_wonderer a Private Message Find more posts by an_old_wonderer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

That's retarded....I'm 19 and don't drink or anything, but still....that's so stupid.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post May 9th, 2005 04:27 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krillinite

I doubt theyll actually raise it to 25 though... you know how many people would totally protest and riot?

Old Post May 9th, 2005 04:33 AM
krillinite is currently offline Click here to Send krillinite a Private Message Find more posts by krillinite Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TrAnCeDuO
Cyan-Assassin

can anyone provide a link verifying this claim?

Made by "The Ones"

Old Post May 9th, 2005 04:34 AM
TrAnCeDuO is currently offline Click here to Send TrAnCeDuO a Private Message Find more posts by TrAnCeDuO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kostabot
I'm a rooster illusion

I dont have any vertification, its something I heard.

Old Post May 9th, 2005 04:36 AM
Kostabot is currently offline Click here to Send Kostabot a Private Message Find more posts by Kostabot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Coldfire
<3 <3 <3

I wouldn't put it past the government to try and force this.... even though I don't live in the US, lol

Old Post May 9th, 2005 04:37 AM
Coldfire is currently offline Click here to Send Coldfire a Private Message Find more posts by Coldfire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GCG
Red Bull

Damn ! Thats 9 years more than here !

Deferrals get you nowhere - Just Do It.........Or Ineptitude will consume your life like a Cancer

Old Post May 9th, 2005 04:40 AM
GCG is currently offline Click here to Send GCG a Private Message Find more posts by GCG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheAnimal
Restricted

Account Restricted

i never heard of this. im 24 now and i get my miami police badge tomorrow. but on this note i never heard of drinking age being changed to 25. if anything it's a rumor.

Old Post May 9th, 2005 04:41 AM
TheAnimal is currently offline Click here to Send TheAnimal a Private Message Find more posts by TheAnimal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Strangelove
The King Stay The King

I doubt this will go through, but then again anything is possible with this government.

“As flies to wanton boys are we to the gods, they kill us for their sport.”

Old Post May 9th, 2005 04:43 AM
Dr. Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Coldfire
<3 <3 <3

^^ agreed

Old Post May 9th, 2005 04:53 AM
Kostabot
I'm a rooster illusion

quote: (post)
Originally posted by GCG
Damn ! Thats 9 years more than here !

9? Where do you live?

Old Post May 9th, 2005 05:01 AM
GCG
Red Bull

Malta ; actually i remember my parents sending me to buy wine from the bar down the road on sundays.....i was 10 years old

+ on Special occasions we were allowed to drink Shandy and Vermouth and wine with 7-Up

Deferrals get you nowhere - Just Do It.........Or Ineptitude will consume your life like a Cancer

Old Post May 9th, 2005 05:03 AM
GCG is currently offline Click here to Send GCG a Private Message Find more posts by GCG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

I think it should be lowered to like 12, or some age before when kids want to drink, simply because, if its introduced early less people will see it as
A) an act of rebellion or cool
and B) will know how to handle it and such, more self-control and such..

Old Post May 9th, 2005 05:06 AM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

but then you have drunk 12yr olds stumbling around school grounds...

Old Post May 9th, 2005 05:09 AM
Hazardous is currently offline Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kostabot
I'm a rooster illusion

And youll also get a sudden jump in the ammount of 12 year old alcoholics.

Old Post May 9th, 2005 05:10 AM
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by belly_jeans349
are you serious? im 15 and i dont want to drink but WTF! it used to be 18 im like "ok that sounds reasonable" they raised it to 21 and i thought "ok well i guess its ok for now as long it doesnt go higher" but now its 25!? holy ****...but hey im in texas and i dont know if its the same everywhere else but the law here is if your parent lets you drink with them, its ok :O big grin

Um... it has been 21 for ever so I don't know how you remember it being 18.

And I highly doubt it will be raised to 25 but I think 21 is a good age for it.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post May 9th, 2005 06:31 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

blink 21? that sucks...you need to come over here and get it at 18big grin

Old Post May 9th, 2005 06:37 AM
Hazardous is currently offline Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

I highly doubt that that will be passed.

Old Post May 9th, 2005 07:42 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote