KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » Help.

Help.
Started by: cindy8219

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cindy8219
I have died and will die.

Question Help.

Ok, so I have a friend who I really like, but is very childish. The problem is that he likes to make too many racial slurs and it bothers me. Not only b/c I'm from the ethnicity he talks about, but because its from someone i truly like. He knows it bothers me and continues to do so with mutual friends. Of course they tell me and I get all upset. Should I stop being friend with him? I really like him and he's been there for me many times.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 07:02 PM
cindy8219 is currently offline Click here to Send cindy8219 a Private Message Find more posts by cindy8219 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moosey
Gone

Re: Help.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cindy8219
Ok, so I have a friend who I really like, but is very childish. The problem is that he likes to make too many racial slurs and it bothers me. Not only b/c I'm from the ethnicity he talks about, but because its from someone i truly like. He knows it bothers me and continues to do so with mutual friends. Of course they tell me and I get all upset. Should I stop being friend with him? I really like him and he's been there for me many times.

If he continues to do it despite the fact that you have made it clear that you don't like it, then you need to cut the strings Cindy...I mean, really, what kind of friend does that?

956,000: Moosey

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 07:04 PM
Moosey is currently offline Click here to Send Moosey a Private Message Find more posts by Moosey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vanity

Originally posted by Da Moose
If he continues to do it despite the fact that you have made it clear that you don't like it, then you need to cut the strings Cindy...I mean, really, what kind of friend does that?

exactly

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 07:05 PM
Vanity is currently offline Click here to Send Vanity a Private Message Find more posts by Vanity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xLiNdS x 622x
Boom shakalaka

If he knows it upsets you and continues to do it, he's obviously not the friend you thought he was.....stop hanging out with him for a while and see if he realizes that he'd rather have you as a friend than tell jokes

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 07:06 PM
xLiNdS x 622x is currently offline Click here to Send xLiNdS x 622x a Private Message Find more posts by xLiNdS x 622x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Whittdawg92
Intellectual Terrorist

first question, is he black, second question, is he me, and my advice would be tell him to stop or you'll snap his racist neck in two. works for me (and also got me an asswhooping 3 times)

Whittdawg92 is currently offline Click here to Send Whittdawg92 a Private Message Find more posts by Whittdawg92 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
i rule
having fun?

been their. except it wasnt racial. if it bothers u and makes u uncomfortable and he knows it, then u should probably just tell his parents. if that doesnt work, then stop hangin out with him.

i rule is currently offline Click here to Send i rule a Private Message Find more posts by i rule Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Whittdawg92
Intellectual Terrorist

my advice is make a few comments urself and see how he feels. hopefully he'll feel insulted and stop. if it continues cut the chain. my friend says racist stuff all the time and I just return the favor. we don't mean the stuff we say and were still friends.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 07:10 PM
Whittdawg92 is currently offline Click here to Send Whittdawg92 a Private Message Find more posts by Whittdawg92 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Uneeklyconfused
Fujoshi

for him to make racist comments of any ethnicity in general ..is wrong...

rid your self off any future problems with this guy...

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 07:13 PM
Uneeklyconfused is currently offline Click here to Send Uneeklyconfused a Private Message Find more posts by Uneeklyconfused Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moosey
Gone

Re: Help.

Originally posted by cindy8219

One other thing to consider....his shortcomings...do they outweigh his positive aspects. Can you live with it? I would think not. If the pros don't outweigh the cons, then I think you have your answer.

956,000: Moosey

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 07:15 PM
Moosey is currently offline Click here to Send Moosey a Private Message Find more posts by Moosey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cindy8219
I have died and will die.

One other thing to consider....his shortcomings...do they outweigh his positive aspects. Can you live with it? I would think not. If the pros don't outweigh the cons, then I think you have your answer.

He's a great guy most of the time. I've known him for so many years, but lately its been getting out of hand.

I guess I'll stop talking to him for awhile and I'll go from there. thank you everyone.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 07:21 PM
cindy8219 is currently offline Click here to Send cindy8219 a Private Message Find more posts by cindy8219 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Re: Re: Help.

yeah I have to agree with moose on this.I know its hard to walk away from him because of how he has been such a good friend to you in the past but there comes a point where you got to say enough is enough.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 07:55 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dante Vlada
Living My Last Days

Look what I stumbled upon. It would seem that you (Cins) weren't being truthful to me. I wish you thought of my friendship as something more valuable.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2005 04:11 AM
Dante Vlada is currently offline Click here to Send Dante Vlada a Private Message Find more posts by Dante Vlada Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote