KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » idiot or a stupid what is the difference???

idiot or a stupid what is the difference???
Started by: abdulkkadir

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
abdulkkadir

Barf idiot or a stupid what is the difference???

if you fall in love with a girl/////////
is it important that being an idiot or a stiupid for your honey?? can you tell me the difference

Old Post Jul 25th, 2005 08:08 AM
abdulkkadir is currently offline Click here to Send abdulkkadir a Private Message Find more posts by abdulkkadir Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
G.P
living bank advertisement

Re: idiot or a stupid what is the difference???

The two words have more or less a Latin origin ; using the Latin words can help us understand the basic difference.

stupid [stupidus, stupidare,...] first means "disconcerted, speechless because you have been struck by some piece of news, an event..., stunned". It refers to a person that stands still and doesn't react to a particular event.
By extension, you could even say that stupid refers to a person who is rapturous or into ecstasies (not the drug stick out tongue) when looking at someone or something (but this meaning doesn't really exist in English)
That's why a second meaning of the word is a not very intelligent person

idiot has two original Latin meaning :
- Ignorant, that doesn't know anything about a particular subject, or just have a general idea about it ( nothing more).
- Particular, special, specific. This is the meaning you can find nowadays in the words 'idiom' (ie a phrase that is specific to one language) and 'idiosyncrasy' (=peculiarity). That second meaning is no longer connected to the word idiot in English (and very very rarely in French)

To conclude with, when you fall in love with a person, you could say you are stupid (as a state of being), meaning you are stunned, speechless. But be careful, for people could not understand you wink

Hope that helps.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2005 09:09 AM
G.P is currently offline Click here to Send G.P a Private Message Find more posts by G.P Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Ok I will show you the major difference:

You are an "idiot" and this is "a stupid" Thread.....no just kidding what G.P. said....furthermore how is that a Philosophical Problem?

Old Post Jul 25th, 2005 09:26 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RavenSDL
hurray for huggies

i think stupid is lacking knowledge and idiot is where you act like that for a short space of time ?

Old Post Jul 25th, 2005 11:24 AM
RavenSDL is currently offline Click here to Send RavenSDL a Private Message Find more posts by RavenSDL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lilmisskitten
Erotically Charged

I agree with RAven SDL she seem right thats what i thought it was as well

My Stuffs "innit"

Old Post Jul 25th, 2005 11:32 AM
lilmisskitten is currently offline Click here to Send lilmisskitten a Private Message Find more posts by lilmisskitten Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dante Vlada
Living My Last Days

Old Post Jul 25th, 2005 03:36 PM
Dante Vlada is currently offline Click here to Send Dante Vlada a Private Message Find more posts by Dante Vlada Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
draku

Re: idiot or a stupid what is the difference???

quote: (post)
Originally posted by abdulkkadir
if you fall in love with a girl/////////
is it important that being an idiot or a stiupid for your honey?? can you tell me the difference

What do you mean being an idiot for your honey What the f**k??

Old Post Jul 25th, 2005 05:25 PM
draku is currently offline Click here to Send draku a Private Message Find more posts by draku Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
G.P
living bank advertisement

quote: (post)
Originally posted by s|m
What do you mean being an idiot for your honey What the f**k??

Learn Turkish. Then give some advice.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2005 09:29 PM
G.P is currently offline Click here to Send G.P a Private Message Find more posts by G.P Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote