KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » Engraved/Personalized iPod Owners - Please Read!

Engraved/Personalized iPod Owners - Please Read!
Started by: JKozzy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

Arrow Engraved/Personalized iPod Owners - Please Read!

I received a 30GB iPod as a graduation present. I want to go to, say, a Best Buy to trade it in for the 60GB model and pay the difference. However I don't know if it was personalized. I'm assuming it wouldn't have a UPC on it if that were the case, but from anyone else's experience and/or recollection, how can one tell if it was personalized/engraved or not, without opening the actual iPod box?

Old Post May 30th, 2006 10:00 PM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bloigen
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ask the person that gave it to you.

And then punch them.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: You were adopted.

Old Post May 30th, 2006 10:04 PM
Bloigen is currently offline Click here to Send Bloigen a Private Message Find more posts by Bloigen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Paradise

I'm not an engraved/personalized iPod owner so I posted without reading.

Old Post May 30th, 2006 10:05 PM
Lord Paradise is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Paradise a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Paradise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JKozzy
I received a 30GB iPod as a graduation present. I want to go to, say, a Best Buy to trade it in for the 60GB model and pay the difference. However I don't know if it was personalized. I'm assuming it wouldn't have a UPC on it if that were the case, but from anyone else's experience and/or recollection, how can one tell if it was personalized/engraved or not, without opening the actual iPod box?

Open the box......how would that keep them from taking it as a trade in?

Old Post May 30th, 2006 10:05 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

Originally posted by Bloigen

And then punch them.
Uh. No. What the f**k?

Old Post May 30th, 2006 10:06 PM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
taft
that guy

ask whoever bought it for you?

Sig by Barker. He takes requests!!!! PM HIM Tell him I sent you.

Old Post May 30th, 2006 10:07 PM
taft is currently offline Click here to Send taft a Private Message Find more posts by taft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bloigen
Restricted

Account Restricted

And then punch them.
Originally posted by taft
ask whoever bought it for you?

Old Post May 30th, 2006 10:07 PM
Bloigen is currently offline Click here to Send Bloigen a Private Message Find more posts by Bloigen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

Originally posted by LanceWindu
Open the box......how would that keep them from taking it as a trade in?
Last I checked you can't open something and return it for no reason. If they take it, there'd probably be a 15% restocking fee.

And for anyone saying to ask who bought it for me, that's the whole reason I made this thread - so I don't have to. I don't want to have them know.

Old Post May 30th, 2006 10:09 PM
Bloigen
Restricted

Account Restricted

Last I checked you can't open something and return it for no reason. If they take it, there'd probably be a 15% restocking fee.

And for anyone saying to ask who bought it for me, that's the whole reason I made this thread - so I don't have to. I don't want to have them know.

Turn into liquid and go inside the box.

Old Post May 30th, 2006 10:10 PM
ThorinWoofer
Static Stance

Turn into liquid and go inside the box.
how will he turn back into a solid?

Please Respond To My PM Barker

Old Post May 30th, 2006 10:11 PM
ThorinWoofer is currently offline Click here to Send ThorinWoofer a Private Message Find more posts by ThorinWoofer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

I've taken back electronics before that I've used..."Is there anything wrong with the product?" "No, I just want something different." I've never had to pay a 15% restocking fee.

Old Post May 30th, 2006 10:12 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DanZeke25
You can't beat me.

This is true.

Old Post May 30th, 2006 10:12 PM
DanZeke25 is currently offline Click here to Send DanZeke25 a Private Message Find more posts by DanZeke25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

Originally posted by LanceWindu
I've taken back electronics before that I've used..."Is there anything wrong with the product?" "No, I just want something different." I've never had to pay a 15% restocking fee.
We don't shop at the same store, though messed The Best Buy over here is anal about stuff like that. Trust me, I'd do that if I could.

Old Post May 30th, 2006 10:14 PM
LanceWindu

Originally posted by Thorinn

The opposite of turning into liquid.

Old Post May 30th, 2006 10:15 PM
Bloigen
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Thorinn

He wouldn't.

Old Post May 30th, 2006 10:15 PM
Ax3l
Dream Finder

Wait...

is it engraved already? In an closed box?

It doesn't matter if the box is open or closed, you can return it

One little spark...

Old Post May 30th, 2006 10:23 PM
Ax3l is currently offline Click here to Send Ax3l a Private Message Find more posts by Ax3l Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

I don't know if it is, that's what I'm trying to figure out, without opening it. The Best Buy near us won't allow opened merchendise to be returned if there's nothing wrong with it.

Old Post May 31st, 2006 12:52 AM
Ax3l
Dream Finder

Just say that it wont work on your computer, thats what i had to do.

One little spark...

Old Post May 31st, 2006 12:54 AM
Ax3l is currently offline Click here to Send Ax3l a Private Message Find more posts by Ax3l Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King of Blades
The King

Than break it and say "look something's wrong..."

Old Post May 31st, 2006 12:55 AM
King of Blades is currently offline Click here to Send King of Blades a Private Message Find more posts by King of Blades Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

Originally posted by Dwight Shrute
Just say that it wont work on your computer, thats what i had to do.
That would make no sense... if it didn't work with my computer, then why would I get another one?

All I'm trying to find out is if there is a way to find out if it's engraved before opening the box.

Old Post May 31st, 2006 12:59 AM