KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » A dilemma of sorts...

A dilemma of sorts...
Started by: Punkyhermy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Punkyhermy
like memory in motion

Worried A dilemma of sorts...

Since the topic was brought up on the Punky/Bacon thread and since its something that's been like knawing at me for the past few weeks, I decided its about time I see what everyone else says.

Here's the thing, I got into this instate school like 2 hours drive away from home and SO wanna go. Now some people have been filling my parents heads about stuff and they are tryingh to make me think about attending community college for a year.

They say its near, offers the same courses and is so much cheaper. I realize that..but what bugs me is that WHY should I attend a community college when I got into a real big college. confused Also I WANT to go away and learn to live on my own. I so don't want to stay at home for first year of college. sad

*sigh*

Insight into this would be appreciated greatly. erm

Last edited by Punkyhermy on Jun 21st, 2006 at 09:54 PM

Old Post Jun 21st, 2006 09:48 PM
Punkyhermy is currently offline Click here to Send Punkyhermy a Private Message Find more posts by Punkyhermy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naz
Super Senior Member

It's really important to be able to live on your own, and your old enough to do that, and you can't live with your parents forever. And the school is only two hours away, that's really not that far. Tell your parents that it's close enough to visit them every weekend so they won't feel so bad about sending you away to college.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2006 09:52 PM
Naz is currently offline Click here to Send Naz a Private Message Find more posts by Naz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bloigen
Restricted

Account Restricted

I saw a man walking a ferret today.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: You were adopted.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2006 09:52 PM
Bloigen is currently offline Click here to Send Bloigen a Private Message Find more posts by Bloigen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mitchum
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: A dilemma of sorts...

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Punkyhermy
Since the topic was brought up on the Punky/Bacon thread and since its something that's been like knawing at me for the past few weeks, I decided its about time I see what everyone else says.

Here's the thing, I got into this instate school like 2 hours drive away from home and SO wanna go. Now some people have been filling my parents heads about stuff and they are tryingh to think about attending community college for a year.

They say its near, offers the same courses and is so much cheaper. I realize that..but what bugs me is that WHY should I attend a community college when I got into a real big college. confused Also I WANT to go away and learn to live on my own. I so don't want to stay at home for first year of college. sad

*sigh*

I feel the same way about college. It's a chance to go and learn to live on your own, which is why i'm pissed. That's why i may miss a whole year of school to work and make money so i can go to the college i want to go to, and leave this place and learn to live on my own.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2006 09:53 PM
mitchum is currently offline Click here to Send mitchum a Private Message Find more posts by mitchum Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wind Sister
Wait, what?

If you really want to go to this college, and it is indeed in-state, then you should go. It's important to go out and do your own thing, even if your parents don't like it big grin

Old Post Jun 21st, 2006 09:54 PM
Wind Sister is currently offline Click here to Send Wind Sister a Private Message Find more posts by Wind Sister Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Punkyhermy
like memory in motion

Originally posted by Nazgulinthedark
It's really important to be able to live on your own, and your old enough to do that, and you can't live with your parents forever. And the school is only two hours away, that's really not that far. Tell your parents that it's close enough to visit them every weekend so they won't feel so bad about sending you away to college.

Yeah...that's what I think...and I've been stubborn so far...I just dunno what'll happen next...erm I wish they could have been more supportive with this..tho I know they're trying to do what they think is best for me.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2006 09:55 PM
Punkyhermy is currently offline Click here to Send Punkyhermy a Private Message Find more posts by Punkyhermy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Pict
Defender Of The Faith

Here's the thing, I got into this instate school like 2 hours drive away from home and SO wanna go. Now some people have been filling my parents heads about stuff and they are tryingh to make me think about attending community college for a year.

*sigh*

ok i understand nothing about state college, community college and all that sh*te but you do need to break from your parents at some point. however if they are paying for it you should maybe go along with their idea, its only for a year so you should maybe give it a go.

Hot sig by Scottie

Old Post Jun 21st, 2006 10:07 PM
The Pict is currently offline Click here to Send The Pict a Private Message Find more posts by The Pict Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Punkyhermy
like memory in motion

Re: Re: A dilemma of sorts...

Originally posted by The Pict
ok i understand nothing about state college, community college and all that sh*te but you do need to break from your parents at some point. however if they are paying for it you should maybe go along with their idea, its only for a year so you should maybe give it a go.

They are paying for it. The main reason for their decision to make me think about community college is financial.erm

Old Post Jun 21st, 2006 10:10 PM
Ax3l
Dream Finder

Clown College

I'll let that sink in.

One little spark...

Old Post Jun 21st, 2006 10:17 PM
Ax3l is currently offline Click here to Send Ax3l a Private Message Find more posts by Ax3l Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

I think you should get some money and run away to an out of state college and threaten to never see your parents again unless they let you live as a human being and not a 5 year old on a leash.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2006 10:20 PM
Mr. Sandman is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Sandman a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Sandman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wind Sister
Wait, what?

[EDIT]

Sorry, pre-req's

Old Post Jun 21st, 2006 10:26 PM
Wind Sister is currently offline Click here to Send Wind Sister a Private Message Find more posts by Wind Sister Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_tears

I had the same problem, I got into my first choice university, about an hour away, and 2 university's in the city where I live.

My parents made a case for me to stay in the city and live at home, but I countered with different reasons such as the program at the away school is an honours program, they're giving me 3 grand in scholarships so it'll only be like 3 grand more, and several other reasons.

In the end they realized that they couldn't force me and that if I was forced I'd be bitter and **** about with my studies. I also told them that if worse comes to worse I can easily transfer, and it's easier to transfer into town after the first year than transfer out and risk my scholarship.

So they agreed and now I'm going out of town to school starting September.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2006 10:29 PM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Punkyhermy
like memory in motion

Originally posted by silver_tears
I had the same problem, I got into my first choice university, about an hour away, and 2 university's in the city where I live.

My parents made a case for me to stay in the city and live at home, but I countered with different reasons such as the program at the away school is an honours program, they're giving me 3 grand in scholarships so it'll only be like 3 grand more, and several other reasons.

In the end they realized that they couldn't force me and that if I was forced I'd be bitter and **** about with my studies. I also told them that if worse comes to worse I can easily transfer, and it's easier to transfer into town after the first year than transfer out and risk my scholarship.

So they agreed and now I'm going out of town to school starting September.

Good for you.smile

If I had recieved any sort of scholarship...they wouldn't even have tried any of this...erm

Old Post Jun 21st, 2006 11:06 PM
The Pict
Defender Of The Faith

i don't get it. in the US is it like high school, college and then uni?

Hot sig by Scottie

Old Post Jun 21st, 2006 11:17 PM
The Pict is currently offline Click here to Send The Pict a Private Message Find more posts by The Pict Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Punkyhermy
like memory in motion

Yes.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2006 12:10 AM
The Pict
Defender Of The Faith

ha! then i did get it.

Hot sig by Scottie

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2006 12:11 AM
Darth_Hexus
Cool Joe.

*sigh*

community colleges don't get you a job, universities do.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2006 12:32 AM
Darth_Hexus is currently offline Click here to Send Darth_Hexus a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Hexus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Hexus
Cool Joe.

Originally posted by The Pict
ha! then i did get it.

no, you either go to college or a university, you choose

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2006 12:33 AM
Darth_Hexus is currently offline Click here to Send Darth_Hexus a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Hexus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sweet Sacrifice
=^_^=

Originally posted by Bloigen
I saw a man walking a ferret today.

I have a pet Ferret, its name is bandit yes

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2006 12:38 AM
Sweet Sacrifice is currently offline Click here to Send Sweet Sacrifice a Private Message Find more posts by Sweet Sacrifice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Punkyhermy
like memory in motion

Re: Re: A dilemma of sorts...

Originally posted by Legion_of_Maul
community colleges don't get you a job, universities do.

That's why no one graduates from community colleges.These are only transfer schools. wink

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2006 12:41 AM