KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » Tell me why this ban wouldn't work.

Tell me why this ban wouldn't work.
Started by: airemaye

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
airemaye

Tell me why this ban wouldn't work.

BAN DIHYDROGEN MONOXIDE!
Dihydrogen monoxide is colorless, odorless, tasteless, and kills uncounted thousands of people every year. Most of these deaths are caused by accidental inhalation of DHMO, but the dangers of dihydrogen monoxide do not end there. Prolonged exposure to its solid form causes severe tissue damage. Symptoms of DHMO ingestion can include excessive sweating and urination, and possibly a bloated feeling, nausea, vomiting and body electrolyte imbalance. For those who have become dependent, DHMO withdrawal means certain death.

Dihydrogen monoxide:
is also known as hydroxyl acid, and is the major component of acid rain.
contributes to the "greenhouse effect."
may cause severe burns.
contributes to the erosion of our natural landscape.
accelerates corrosion and rusting of many metals.
may cause electrical failures and decreased effectiveness of automobile brakes.
has been found in excised tumors of terminal cancer patients.
Contamination is reaching epidemic proportions!

Quantities of dihydrogen monoxide have been found in almost every stream, lake, and reservoir in America today. But the pollution is global, and the contaminant has even been found in Antarctic ice. DHMO has caused millions of dollars of property damage in the Midwest, and recently California.

Despite the danger, dihydrogen monoxide is often used:
as an industrial solvent and coolant.
in nuclear power plants.
in the production of Styrofoam.
as a fire retardant.
in many forms of cruel animal research.
in the distribution of pesticides. Even after washing, produce remains contaminated by this chemical.
as an additive in certain "junk-foods" and other food products.
Companies dump waste DHMO into rivers and the ocean, and nothing can be done to stop them because this practice is still legal. The impact on wildlife is extreme, and we cannot afford to ignore it any longer!

The American government has refused to ban the production, distribution, or use of this damaging chemical due to its "importance to the economic health of this nation." In fact, the navy and other military organizations are conducting experiments with DHMO, and designing multi-billion dollar devices to control and utilize it during warfare situations. Hundreds of military research facilities receive tons of it through a highly sophisticated underground distribution network. Many store large quantities for later use.

*This is pretty easy--I hope most people get it.*

Proud to be arsty fartsy! See these drawings and more here.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2006 07:47 AM
airemaye is currently offline Click here to Send airemaye a Private Message Find more posts by airemaye Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Barker
*Colin Powell Picture*

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Aug 7th, 2006 07:48 AM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kram3r

I like your thoughts and wish to subscribe to your newsletter. no expression

Old Post Aug 7th, 2006 08:05 AM
Kram3r is currently offline Click here to Send Kram3r a Private Message Find more posts by Kram3r Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpadeKing

Tell me why I didn't even get past the first sentance no expression

Old Post Aug 7th, 2006 08:13 AM
SpadeKing is currently offline Click here to Send SpadeKing a Private Message Find more posts by SpadeKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kram3r

Originally posted by SpadeKing
Tell me why I didn't even get past the first sentance no expression

Propaganda.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2006 08:18 AM
Kram3r is currently offline Click here to Send Kram3r a Private Message Find more posts by Kram3r Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Mmmmm, water.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Aug 7th, 2006 08:22 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

ban this.. whatever it is... what is it anyway? >I didn't bother to read your long post.. sorry... >.< <

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2006 08:35 AM
Jaeh is currently offline Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
A.J
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by JaehSkywalker
ban this.. whatever it is... what is it anyway? >I didn't bother to read your long post.. sorry... >.< <

Old Post Aug 7th, 2006 11:42 AM
A.J is currently offline Click here to Send A.J a Private Message Find more posts by A.J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eis
androgynous mind

Originally posted by airemaye
BAN DIHYDROGEN MONOXIDE!
Dihydrogen monoxide is colorless, odorless, tasteless, and kills uncounted thousands of people every year. Most of these deaths are caused by accidental inhalation of DHMO, but the dangers of dihydrogen monoxide do not end there. Prolonged exposure to its solid form causes severe tissue damage. Symptoms of DHMO ingestion can include excessive sweating and urination, and possibly a bloated feeling, nausea, vomiting and body electrolyte imbalance. For those who have become dependent, DHMO withdrawal means certain death.

Dihydrogen monoxide:
may cause severe burns.

Quantities of dihydrogen monoxide have been found in almost every stream, lake, and reservoir in America today. But the pollution is global, and the contaminant has even been found in Antarctic ice. DHMO has caused millions of dollars of property damage in the Midwest, and recently California.

in nuclear power plants.
as a fire retardant.
in the distribution of pesticides. Even after washing, produce remains contaminated by this chemical.
Companies dump waste DHMO into rivers and the ocean, and nothing can be done to stop them because this practice is still legal. The impact on wildlife is extreme, and we cannot afford to ignore it any longer!

The American government has refused to ban the production, distribution, or use of this damaging chemical due to its "importance to the economic health of this nation." In fact, the navy and other military organizations are conducting experiments with DHMO, and designing multi-billion dollar devices to control and utilize it during warfare situations. Hundreds of military research facilities receive tons of it through a highly sophisticated underground distribution network. Many store large quantities for later use.

You do know that dihydrogen monoxide issue was hoax to see how gullible people are and ignorant when it comes to science.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2006 12:15 PM
Eis is currently offline Click here to Send Eis a Private Message Find more posts by Eis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Da Pittman
"Pitt Happens"

Re: Tell me why this ban wouldn't work.

BAN DIHYDROGEN MONOXIDE!

Dihydrogen monoxide:
may cause severe burns.

in nuclear power plants.
as a fire retardant.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2006 12:20 PM
Da Pittman is currently offline Click here to Send Da Pittman a Private Message Find more posts by Da Pittman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clovie

Originally posted by Lana
Mmmmm, water.
so I got it right blink

tricked me once - shame on you, tricked me twice - shame on me

Old Post Aug 7th, 2006 12:31 PM
Clovie is currently offline Click here to Send Clovie a Private Message Find more posts by Clovie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by Lana
Mmmmm, water.

Quick, BAN IT!.... that way i'll never have to worry about tsunamis again

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Aug 7th, 2006 01:07 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackSunshine
Do what you want to do

I am NOT reading all that.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2006 01:07 PM
BlackSunshine is currently offline Click here to Send BlackSunshine a Private Message Find more posts by BlackSunshine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Röland
Masked Vigilante

BAN DIHYDROGEN MONOXIDE!

You lost me after those 3 words.

Rorschach's Journal: October 12th, 1985. Tonight, a comedian died in New York.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2006 01:13 PM
Röland is currently offline Click here to Send Röland a Private Message Find more posts by Röland Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

BAN DIHYDROGEN MONOXIDE!

Dihydrogen monoxide:
may cause severe burns.

in nuclear power plants.
as a fire retardant.

I liked it better on Penn and Teller: Bullshit. stick out tongue

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Aug 7th, 2006 01:13 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bloigen
Restricted

Account Restricted

(please log in to view the image)

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: You were adopted.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2006 03:10 PM
Bloigen is currently offline Click here to Send Bloigen a Private Message Find more posts by Bloigen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~Flamboyant~
Out of my element

Well, it wouldn't work because if it's the major component in acid rain, then we'd have to ban fossil fuels altogether to stop it. Even if it contributes to the greenhouse effect, it must be very minor because I have never heard of it. (The major contributors being: Carbion Dioxide, Water Vapor, and Methane)

I love you IceJaw for making me the sig!

Old Post Aug 7th, 2006 03:24 PM
~Flamboyant~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Flamboyant~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Flamboyant~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Okay, Dihydrogen monoxide you have been trolling and disruptive this forum long enough.

This was your final warning.

Goodbye!

*banned Dihydrogen Monoxide*

Old Post Aug 7th, 2006 03:53 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dusty

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 7th, 2006 03:56 PM
Dusty is currently offline Click here to Send Dusty a Private Message Find more posts by Dusty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Okay, Dihydrogen monoxide you have been trolling and disruptive this forum long enough.

This was your final warning.

Goodbye!

*banned Dihydrogen Monoxide*

You love it too much, it worries me how the power has affected your head stick out tongue

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Aug 7th, 2006 04:01 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote