KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » Superangels!!!!????

Superangels!!!!????
Started by: The Prophecy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Prophecy
The One Above all

Superangels!!!!????

OK I'm working on a comic book with a main character thats an angel.Therefore I really need some pointers and ideas.However the I reason came here is because I really don't want this character to be so much as religion based(after all he is half angel/half demon) and more interesting to read.

Tips on:
Costume
Symbol
Powers
Weaknesses
Origin
Who really are angels and would this really cause a big confrontation(religion wise) if I publish this comic book.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 01:58 AM
The Prophecy is currently offline Click here to Send The Prophecy a Private Message Find more posts by The Prophecy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JesusIsAlive
Restricted

Account Restricted

Why would you want to publish a comic book about a demon? I contemplated giving you pointers until you said that the character would be a demon.

Don't let the enemy (satan) deceive you, receive Christ into your heart and life. Hell abounds with atheists. If they could turn back the hands of time they would desperately reach for Jesus and the chance to go to Heaven. But there is no more hope for them. Don't be numbered among them. The Holy Spirit bears witness that what I speak is Truth.

Jesus Christ is Lord. Do you want eternal life? Then admit that you are a sinner, then ask Jesus Christ to give you life eternal. Jesus does not condemn you, He died for you. Will you accept Jesus now? This good news is for anyone to take advantage of. God loves the world and gave His only Begotten Son, that whoever [this includes you] believes in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life.

Love (i.e. Jesus Christ) wants to take you out of darkness and into His marvelous light. Will you accept? Jesus' heart desire is to give you everlasting love, life, joy, peace, comfort, happiness, glory, and sin-free consciousness. Will you receive His love? Simply ask Jesus Christ to save you from sin, satan, and from Hell. Repent: turn away from sin after admitting that you are a sinner. Jesus will wash away every sin and pour out His love upon you. The words that I speak to you are the true sayings of God Almighty. Read the Bible and see that the Lord is good. He is not holding anything against you. He has not condemned you. Jesus came to save souls not condemn them. Love--Jesus Christ--will wait for your decision. If you should choose satan, your decision will be honored by God. But choose Life, choose the Prince of Peace, choose Jesus Christ, the Son of God and you will receive eternal life. This good news is for everyone and anyone else who reads it

Proof of Hell? || Dr. Donald Whitaker, Research-Scientist/Chemist

Last edited by JesusIsAlive on Oct 8th, 2006 at 02:04 AM

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 02:01 AM
JesusIsAlive is currently offline Click here to Send JesusIsAlive a Private Message Find more posts by JesusIsAlive Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Prophecy
The One Above all

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JesusIsAlive
Why would you want to publish a comic book about a demon? I contemplated giving you pointers until you said that the character would be a demon.

Don't let the enemy (satan) deceive you, receive Christ into your heart and life. Hell abounds with atheists. If they could turn back the hands of time they would desperately reach for Jesus and the chance to go to Heaven. But there is no more hope for them. Don't be numbered among them. The Holy Spirit bears witness that what I speak is Truth.

Jesus Christ is Lord. Do you want eternal life? Then admit that you are a sinner, then ask Jesus Christ to give you life eternal. Jesus does not condemn you, He died for you. Will you accept Jesus now? This good news is for anyone to take advantage of. God loves the world and gave His only Begotten Son, that whoever [this includes you] believes in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life.

Love (i.e. Jesus Christ) wants to take you out of darkness and into His marvelous light. Will you accept? Jesus' heart desire is to give you everlasting love, life, joy, peace, comfort, happiness, glory, and sin-free consciousness. Will you receive His love? Simply ask Jesus Christ to save you from sin, satan, and from Hell. Repent: turn away from sin after admitting that you are a sinner. Jesus will wash away every sin and pour out His love upon you. The words that I speak to you are the true sayings of God Almighty. Read the Bible and see that the Lord is good. He is not holding anything against you. He has not condemned you. Jesus came to save souls not condemn them. Love--Jesus Christ--will wait for your decision. If you should choose satan, your decision will be honored by God. But choose Life, choose the Prince of Peace, choose Jesus Christ, the Son of God and you will receive eternal life. This good news is for everyone and anyone else who reads it

No it's not what you think.The book is not all about a demon but about a creature who was cursed and must learn to fight the darkness inside of him.Giving into all that is good(kind of like what most of us do everyday of our lives).So it's not like that ok. sorry if you got the wrong idea

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 02:08 AM
The Prophecy is currently offline Click here to Send The Prophecy a Private Message Find more posts by The Prophecy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JesusIsAlive
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by The Prophecy
No it's not what you think.The book is not all about a demon but about a creature who was cursed and must learn to fight the darkness inside of him.Giving into all that is good(kind of like what most of us do everyday of our lives).So it's not like that ok. sorry if you got the wrong idea

WIll you accept Christ?

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 02:10 AM
JesusIsAlive is currently offline Click here to Send JesusIsAlive a Private Message Find more posts by JesusIsAlive Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Prophecy
The One Above all

WIll you accept Christ?

Yes of course and give into the grace of God.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 02:12 AM
LatinoStallion
Perfection

Yes of course and give into the grace of God.

LOL ur gonna let JIA ***** you around ? laughing

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 02:14 AM
LatinoStallion is currently offline Click here to Send LatinoStallion a Private Message Find more posts by LatinoStallion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Prophecy
The One Above all

Originally posted by Lord Urizen
LOL ur gonna let JIA ***** you around ? laughing

Well I am a Christian.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 02:23 AM
LatinoStallion
Perfection

Well I am a Christian.

And you are how old ? Just curious

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 02:23 AM
LatinoStallion is currently offline Click here to Send LatinoStallion a Private Message Find more posts by LatinoStallion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Prophecy
The One Above all

And you are how old ? Just curious

I am 16. Why???

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 02:24 AM
LatinoStallion
Perfection

I am 16. Why???

I have always been in cartooning, and when I was 16, i based a lot of my mythology on Christianity...i used to be Christian btw.

All I am saying is as an Artist, do not let your religion limit your content. JIA was criticizing you for making a comic book based on a demon...

Have you ever read SPAWN ? Great comic book and the main character is a demon...it's getting better and better...and it even dares to claim that God and Satan are both bad...

If you want to remain loyal to your FAith, it is your choice, but don't let it control your content. As an artist, you have the right to express whatever the hell you want in your work.

God will not be angry at you or punish you for any self expression, because he is not that immature. So don't worry.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 02:29 AM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Re: Superangels!!!!????

OK I'm working on a comic book with a main character thats an angel.Therefore I really need some pointers and ideas.However the I reason came here is because I really don't want this character to be so much as religion based(after all he is half angel/half demon) and more interesting to read.

Tips on:
Costume
Symbol
Powers
Weaknesses
Origin
Who really are angels and would this really cause a big confrontation(religion wise) if I publish this comic book.

Since you're not really looking for religous influence, this might be the place for this question. Probably an OTF thread.

Personally, as I design characters myslef, I usually base them more on the role I want them to play. What the character needs to adequately complete hsi role, he gets as part of his personality. If you want my help, you cna pm me.

PS. A piece of advice. Ignore JIA. He is the resident wacko.

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Last edited by Ordo on Oct 8th, 2006 at 02:32 AM

Ordo is currently offline Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mark Question
Lurker

WIll you accept Christ?
laughing

Mark Question is currently offline Click here to Send Mark Question a Private Message Find more posts by Mark Question Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Re: Superangels!!!!????

Tips on:
Costume
Symbol
Powers
Weaknesses
Origin

I don't know if you already have some ideas in mind, but IMO, taking an unconventional approach will help your character stand-out from other angel-based characters.

An excellent movie for seeing angels depicted in a Not-business-as-usual manner is "City of Angels" with Nicholas Cage and Meg Ryan. Very well done, very interesting depiction of these divine messengers.

Other bits of advice:
- Stay away from spandex.
- Don't make the character so powerful you have a hard time writing challenging situations (without resorting to PIS, anyway).
- Consider an adversary based on JIA ( stick out tongue j/k)

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 02:32 AM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Prophecy
The One Above all

Thanks guys. I'm already working on the costume I have a few designs(no spandex)lol.Also, he gains his powers as he matures and for a very short time is the most powerful-est being in the whole universe.However he loses some of he power due to the fact that he sacrificed it to safe another Universe. I also need a really cool symbol I was thinking of a cross at first but I'm still thinking.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 02:51 AM
JesusIsAlive
Restricted

Account Restricted

I have always been in cartooning, and when I was 16, i based a lot of my mythology on Christianity...i used to be Christian btw.

All I am saying is as an Artist, do not let your religion limit your content. JIA was criticizing you for making a comic book based on a demon...

Have you ever read SPAWN ? Great comic book and the main character is a demon...it's getting better and better...and it even dares to claim that God and Satan are both bad...

If you want to remain loyal to your FAith, it is your choice, but don't let it control your content. As an artist, you have the right to express whatever the hell you want in your work.

God will not be angry at you or punish you for any self expression, because he is not that immature. So don't worry.

The Prophecy, God through His Word (i.e. the holy Bible) instructs us to abstain from every form of evil. Demons are not good, righteous nor are they holy. Thus, they are evil. We must not glorify demons, but instead we must glorify God. Do all to the glory of God. If you want to make a comic then do so to the or for the glory of God. Much success.

1 Thessalonians 5:22
Abstain from every form of evil.

1 Corinthians 10:31
Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 02:58 AM
Mr Krieger

JIA, this is fiction(well your Bible migh be too, which is Irony) and God does not care, as long as people don't worship it as a Religion.

As to pointers, have "Villains" be Angels trying to destroy him, and Demons trying to Corrupt him

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 03:02 AM
Mr Krieger is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Krieger a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Krieger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Prophecy
The One Above all

Originally posted by Darth Kreiger
JIA, this is fiction(well your Bible migh be too, which is Irony) and God does not care, as long as people don't worship it as a Religion.

As to pointers, have "Villains" be Angels trying to destroy him, and Demons trying to Corrupt him

I'm sooooo confused what do you mean??

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 03:09 AM
Mr Krieger

I'm sooooo confused what do you mean??

Angels want to kill your character because he's a threat, Demons want him to help fight Heaven?

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 03:12 AM
Mr Krieger is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Krieger a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Krieger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JesusIsAlive
Restricted

Account Restricted

2 Corinthians 5:8-10
We are confident, yes, well pleased rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord. Therefore we make it our aim, whether present or absent, to be well pleasing to Him. For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.

God cares about eveything that His children do.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 03:14 AM
The Prophecy
The One Above all

Angels want to kill your character because he's a threat, Demons want him to help fight Heaven?

That sounds cool sooo.....eventually he will split into 2 different beings.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 03:15 AM