KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » Update on Puzzle's Injury...

Update on Puzzle's Injury...
Started by: Puzzle

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
LanceWindu

Update on Puzzle's Injury...

Well it's been 23 days since I got injured after clocking out at work. Since then it's been a roller coaster of pain and arguing with my bosses. The store I work at claimed that they were not liable for any injury I sustained after clocking out for the day. What they failed to realize is that there is a Nevada law which states they are liable for workers up to an hour after work as long as they have not left the store, my lawyer told me this.

Yes, that's right, a lawyer. The arguing back and forth about who would pay my medical bills prompted me to get a lawyer because I knew I was right and that they should not expect me to pay however much money in medical bills without insurance.

Fast forward a week and a half and my lawyer calls me today, he says that he shook the cage of the store lawyer enough to get them to admit they were liable for me and that they are changing my claim to Workman's Compensation. They will pay all my medical bills and I will receive money for every day of work I've missed, which is near 20 days (excluding days off I would have anyways) and counting.

Here's the kicker to this little happy ending, my lawyer (Dustin Dingman, for all you people in the Nevada area who are looking for representation. wink) said that after resolving this issue he talked with his colleagues and they all agreed that they would not charge me a dime for the service and that all they ask of me in return is to refer anyone who needs a lawyer to their firm.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2007 01:12 AM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vinny Valentine
Vinny Valentine

OH EM GEE

23 Days after your injury, on the 23, in which them movie 23 came out.

Good Movie, go see it.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2007 01:13 AM
Vinny Valentine is currently offline Click here to Send Vinny Valentine a Private Message Find more posts by Vinny Valentine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Vinny Valentine
OH EM GEE

23 Days after your injury, on the 23, in which them movie 23 came out.

Good Movie, go see it.

It's a good movie if you like shit horror films.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2007 01:15 AM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vinny Valentine
Vinny Valentine

Originally posted by §P0oONY
It's a good movie if you like shit horror films.

Its definitely not a horror film.

Have you seen it?

Old Post Feb 24th, 2007 01:16 AM
Vinny Valentine is currently offline Click here to Send Vinny Valentine a Private Message Find more posts by Vinny Valentine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

Its definitely not a horror film.

Have you seen it?

It's a thriller and yes, I have. I didn't enjoy it at all. It was unengaging and just a regular silly conspiracy theory. Plus I've never seen Carrey look so uncomfortable acting.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2007 01:18 AM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vinny Valentine
Vinny Valentine

It's a thriller and yes, I have. I didn't enjoy it at all. It was unengaging and just a regular silly conspiracy theory. Plus I've never seen Carrey look so uncomfortable acting.

I think he did a good job stick out tongue laughing out loud It kept my interest, and I think it was pretty good. But each person has a different taste.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2007 01:20 AM
§P0oONY

I think he did a good job stick out tongue laughing out loud It kept my interest, and I think it was pretty good. But each person has a different taste.
I just like my films to be based on at least a little fact.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2007 01:23 AM
LanceWindu

Off-Topic within 1 post! Now go discuss the movie in the thread designated for it.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2007 01:25 AM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

Originally posted by Puzzle
Off-Topic within 1 post! Now go discuss the movie in the thread designated for it.

No... You got a lawyer involved... Talk about money hungry... VIVA LA NHS...

Old Post Feb 24th, 2007 01:28 AM
Kram3r

I would use that solicitor if I was:

a) In need of a lawyer; and
b) In Nevada or the United States in general.

BTW, glad to hear you won, your "lawyer" sounds great.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2007 01:31 AM
Kram3r is currently offline Click here to Send Kram3r a Private Message Find more posts by Kram3r Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Hey, medical bills are ****ing expensive and even if you DO have health insurance in the US it doesn't mean it's going to be covered...stupid bastards

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Feb 24th, 2007 01:31 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

You would get a lawyer involved to if you were facing the prospect of paying for a possible surgery to an injury that you weren't liable for.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2007 01:32 AM
§P0oONY

Originally posted by Lana
Hey, medical bills are ****ing expensive and even if you DO have health insurance in the US it doesn't mean it's going to be covered...stupid bastards
You would get a lawyer involved to if you were facing the prospect of paying for a possible surgery to an injury that you weren't liable for.

Are you guys not getting the whole "VIVA LA NHS" thing? I laugh because I do not face your medical financial woes...

Old Post Feb 24th, 2007 01:33 AM
Vinny Valentine
Vinny Valentine

HAHAHA.

Canada = Free Health Care.

Suck on that losers.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2007 01:38 AM
§P0oONY

HAHAHA.

Suck on that losers.

High five?!

Old Post Feb 24th, 2007 01:39 AM
LanceWindu

Are you guys not getting the whole "VIVA LA NHS" thing? I laugh because I do not face your medical financial woes...

Do you not understand the concept of the word "if"?

HAHAHA.

Suck on that losers.

Canadians are still eh'holes.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2007 01:42 AM
§P0oONY

Do you not understand the concept of the word "if"?

Canadians are still eh'holes.

**** "if"... Living by possibilities is what leads people to mental illness.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2007 01:47 AM
Kram3r

HAHAHA.

Suck on that losers.

Canada > United States? blink

Nah.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2007 01:51 AM
Kram3r is currently offline Click here to Send Kram3r a Private Message Find more posts by Kram3r Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

**** "if"... Living by possibilities is what leads people to mental illness.

So that's what happened to Vinny...

Old Post Feb 24th, 2007 01:59 AM
Ms Chelle
ubuntu

Im going to Nevada in APril and then again in June, can hardly wait. happy ..... hope I wont need a lawyer whilst there but will remember the name. thumb up

made by Scribble

Old Post Feb 24th, 2007 02:00 AM
Ms Chelle is currently offline Click here to Send Ms Chelle a Private Message Find more posts by Ms Chelle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote