KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » I got hit by a car today

I got hit by a car today
Started by: chillmeistergen

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

I got hit by a car today

Well as the title says today, I got hit by a car. It was really scary it belted me n the side and I sort of span round in the air and landed really akwardly on my ankle. I've torn all the ligiments in it and have a very severe sprain and my legs are covered in bad cuts. I was extremely lucky however, they said both in the ambulance and in the hospital that if I'd hit my head I would at best have concussion, most likely be in a coma, or at worst dead.
Scary stuff, and I tell ya it bloody hurts.

"All morons hate it when you call them a moron." - Holden Caulfield

Old Post May 9th, 2007 07:12 PM
chillmeistergen is currently offline Click here to Send chillmeistergen a Private Message Find more posts by chillmeistergen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RogerRamjet
Playground Superstar

did you jaywalk or was it his fault?

Sig by Scy!

Last edited by RogerRamjet on May 9th, 2007 at 07:17 PM

Old Post May 9th, 2007 07:13 PM
RogerRamjet is currently offline Click here to Send RogerRamjet a Private Message Find more posts by RogerRamjet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Ligament tears, lots of fun.

Old Post May 9th, 2007 07:15 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ladygrim
The Grim piratess

*OUCH*

Old Post May 9th, 2007 07:16 PM
ladygrim is currently offline Click here to Send ladygrim a Private Message Find more posts by ladygrim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dinglehopper
Future Disney Animator

Ouch

Old Post May 9th, 2007 07:16 PM
Dinglehopper is currently offline Click here to Send Dinglehopper a Private Message Find more posts by Dinglehopper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ladygrim
The Grim piratess

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dinglehopper
Ouch
big grin the little mermaid now that is something i have not watched in years !!!

Old Post May 9th, 2007 07:17 PM
ladygrim is currently offline Click here to Send ladygrim a Private Message Find more posts by ladygrim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by RogerRamjet
did you jaywalk or was it is his fault?

Jaywalk?

It was a woman and nah it was neither of our faults. two lanes of traffic had stopped at traffic lights and only one was moving, I looked down the road and could only see a car far down the road. I stepped out and a car was literally half a foot away going to fast to stop, I couldn't see them and they couldn't see me because both of our views wee obscured by the stationary cars.

She was really good about it, I went into shock and was shivering and she kept me warm and everything while we waited for the ambulance.

Old Post May 9th, 2007 07:19 PM
chillmeistergen is currently offline Click here to Send chillmeistergen a Private Message Find more posts by chillmeistergen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ladygrim
The Grim piratess

Originally posted by chillmeistergen
Jaywalk?

It was a woman and nah it was neither of our faults. two lanes of traffic had stopped at traffic lights and only one was moving, I looked down the road and could only see a car far down the road. I stepped out and a car was literally half a foot away going to fast to stop, I couldn't see them and they couldn't see me because both of our views wee obscured by the stationary cars.

She was really good about it, I went into shock and was shivering and she kept me warm and everything while we waited for the ambulance.
bugger sad at least you only came away with minor injurys

Old Post May 9th, 2007 07:23 PM
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ladygrim
bugger sad at least you only came away with minor injurys

Yeah, won't be able to play football for a while, but at least I'll be able to open my eyes. Could have broken my neck as well or loads of different things, I was pretty damn unlucky and lucky at the same time ha.

Old Post May 9th, 2007 07:25 PM
ladygrim
The Grim piratess

Yeah, won't be able to play football for a while, but at least I'll be able to open my eyes. Could have broken my neck as well or loads of different things, I was pretty damn unlucky and lucky at the same time ha.
Very!

Old Post May 9th, 2007 07:27 PM
Running Mascara
Keeping My Distance

Well as the title says today, I got hit by a car. It was really scary it belted me n the side and I sort of span round in the air and landed really akwardly on my ankle. I've torn all the ligiments in it and have a very severe sprain and my legs are covered in bad cuts. I was extremely lucky however, they said both in the ambulance and in the hospital that if I'd hit my head I would at best have concussion, most likely be in a coma, or at worst dead.
Scary stuff, and I tell ya it bloody hurts.

that's worse than what happened to me this Sunday..I almost drowned w/ my best friend...at least you didn't die hun!! smile

Thnx Disturbed Angel!! love

Old Post May 9th, 2007 07:29 PM
Running Mascara is currently offline Click here to Send Running Mascara a Private Message Find more posts by Running Mascara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

How bad are the ligament tears?

Old Post May 9th, 2007 07:31 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Tattoo
How bad are the ligament tears?

Not as bad as they could be luckily, still excruciating though. The sprain however is a very bad sprain. I had to have 10mgs of morphine in the ambulance for the pain.

Old Post May 9th, 2007 07:34 PM
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

damn...i hope the car wasnt too damaged sad

j/k hope you feel better soon stick out tongue

"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here."

Old Post May 9th, 2007 07:37 PM
Schecter is currently offline Click here to Send Schecter a Private Message Find more posts by Schecter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

Haha, just a broken headlight I think.

Old Post May 9th, 2007 07:38 PM