KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » Earthquake..

Earthquake..
Started by: Kelly_Bean

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kelly_Bean
Warum ist die Sonne rund?

Earthquake..

Sorry if a topic has been started here or on the GDF, didn't quite see anything.

SO..Friday was my first (and hopefully LAST) earthquake experience. At around 5:30 AM I was laying in bed, sleeping away and all of a sudden my room starts to shake and basically I jerk awake and think I'm dying. If I've ever had a large jumble of thoughts in a minimal amount of seconds, this was the world record because I had so much sh*t going through my head and me thinking I'm dying was at the top of the list. I'm sure me being 3/4 asleep had something to do with it as well. So when my room stopped shaking I walk out of my room and ask my Mom's like "Was that an earthquake?" and I'm like "Did you feel that?" (still mostly asleep lol)..and anyway, needless to say it took me about a half hour or more to get back to sleep because I was so shooken up. After I woke up Mom confirmed to me that it was an earthquake and that it was a 5.5 on the richter scale (some sites say 5.2, some say 5.5, who cares?)

Also, as I was in the bath at around 11:30 PM and I felt an aftershock.

Just thought I'd share. stick out tongue

I heard that the earthquake was actually felt all the way out in St. Louis, Missouri. Whew!

edit: I would've shared this earlier but as soon as I got out of the bath Friday I had to leave. I didn't have ANY time to get ready so I had no time to sit down at the computer.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2008 04:34 AM
Kelly_Bean is currently offline Click here to Send Kelly_Bean a Private Message Find more posts by Kelly_Bean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Living here in L. A., I've been in lots of earthquakes and aftershocks. I'm used to it. I'm sure you may feel more eventually. But you got thru it.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 21st, 2008 04:35 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ax3l
Dream Finder

Apparently, Michigan was shook as well. I was asleep. So, doesn't matter to me.

One little spark...

Old Post Apr 21st, 2008 04:40 AM
Ax3l is currently offline Click here to Send Ax3l a Private Message Find more posts by Ax3l Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean

I've never felt anything more than what I thought were tremors but they were most likely just Fort Knox. My mother said there was one here when my brother was around 2 or 3 (he's nearly 5 years older than I am) there was one and it scared the shit out of him.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ax3l
Apparently, Michigan was shook as well. I was asleep. So, doesn't matter to me.

Yeah most people I talked to about it said they slept right through it too but I guess I just wasn't sleeping too deeply or something. I've slept through my fire alarm malfunctioning and going off but I can't sleep through a damn earthquake. stick out tongue

Old Post Apr 21st, 2008 04:41 AM
Kelly_Bean is currently offline Click here to Send Kelly_Bean a Private Message Find more posts by Kelly_Bean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Disturbed Angel
~.:Fae:.~

I've been through more earthquakes than I care to remember. The edge of the Caribbean plate passes through the centre of this island. Convenient, eh? Anyway, they're not pleasant things, earthquakes, even the small ones. Glad you're okay.

Do you believe in faeries?

I do.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2008 04:50 AM
Disturbed Angel is currently offline Find more posts by Disturbed Angel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean

Originally posted by Disturbed Angel
I've been through more earthquakes than I care to remember. The edge of the Caribbean plate passes through the centre of this island. Convenient, eh? Anyway, they're not pleasant things, earthquakes, even the small ones. Glad you're okay.

Yeah, my first one just hadto be 5+ on the scale. Lol. And thank you. Glad you're okay from all of the ones you have experienced. They're no fun to have to deal with when you're sleeping soundly.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2008 04:57 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Kelly_Bean
Yeah, my first one just hadto be 5+ on the scale. Lol. And thank you. Glad you're okay from all of the ones you have experienced. They're no fun to have to deal with when you're sleeping soundly.

I know what you mean. During the '94 earthquake I was sound asleep, but that motherfracker woke me on up.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 21st, 2008 04:59 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

It was Jacope roundhouse kicking Bardock, who fell to the ground and caused the tremors.

Not Earthquakes.

.bus

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Apr 21st, 2008 05:21 AM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ax3l
Dream Finder

I was all

(please log in to view the image)

One little spark...

Old Post Apr 21st, 2008 05:21 AM
Ax3l is currently offline Click here to Send Ax3l a Private Message Find more posts by Ax3l Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

(please log in to view the image)

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Apr 21st, 2008 05:22 AM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

I live in San Francisco, foolz!

Old Post Apr 21st, 2008 05:24 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean

Originally posted by Barker
It was Jacope roundhouse kicking Bardock, who fell to the ground and caused the tremors.

Not Earthquakes.

.bus

Lol.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2008 05:30 AM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

yeah, it was in Southern Indiana, I felt it too.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2008 06:12 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean

Originally posted by Strangelove
yeah, it was in Southern Indiana, I felt it too.

Cool, didn't know you lived that close!! (Been there for a vacation as well).

Old Post Apr 21st, 2008 03:15 PM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

only for school. I live near the Michigan border.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2008 03:15 PM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

The only earthquake I've ever experienced was when I was stationed at Ft. Irwin, CA when we were doing desert training in the Mojave Desert. We were all asleep outside in our tents when we were shaken awake. I literally started screaming like a school girl with a skinned knee, as did a few other individuals. It turns out that we were in the epicenter of a 7.2 quake. I was kinda shaken, no pun intended, but after that, I was all like "COOL! I was in an earthquake!"

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Apr 21st, 2008 03:21 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dyno
Authority

Originally posted by Impediment
The only earthquake I've ever experienced was when I was stationed at Ft. Irwin, CA when we were doing desert training in the Mojave Desert. We were all asleep outside in our tents when we were shaken awake. I literally started screaming like a school girl with a skinned knee, as did a few other individuals. It turns out that we were in the epicenter of a 7.2 quake. I was kinda shaken, no pun intended, but after that, I was all like "COOL! I was in an earthquake!"

that has to be one of the manliest things you have done though, military training then slept in the middle of an earthquake laughing out loud

Old Post Apr 21st, 2008 03:24 PM
Dyno is currently offline Click here to Send Dyno a Private Message Find more posts by Dyno Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean

Originally posted by Strangelove
only for school. I live near the Michigan border.

Ah!
Yeah I believe we're on the New Madrid fault line or something like that.

Originally posted by Impediment

Yeah, lmao, like me. I was scared shitless but for the rest of the day I was talking about it and listening to other people talk about it. I was thinking 'Wow, I was in an earthquake, pretty cool!'

Old Post Apr 21st, 2008 03:30 PM
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Did somebody say woman, ass and boobs?

TGFwashere

Old Post Apr 21st, 2008 03:33 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dyno
Authority

mmm, Woman, Ass and Boobs are a deadly combo, especially boobs and ass on a woman shifty

Old Post Apr 21st, 2008 03:39 PM
Dyno is currently offline Click here to Send Dyno a Private Message Find more posts by Dyno Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote