KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » Question...

Question...
Started by: UKR

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
UKR
Restricted

Account Restricted

Question...

What is the fastest that any human being has ever been recorded as running? I once heard that some Olympic guy named Donovan Bailey could do 17 mph but I don't know if that's true or if that's the fastest that anyone has ever ran.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2008 04:46 AM
UKR is currently offline Click here to Send UKR a Private Message Find more posts by UKR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ax3l
Dream Finder

Over 9000

One little spark...

Old Post Jun 8th, 2008 04:46 AM
Ax3l is currently offline Click here to Send Ax3l a Private Message Find more posts by Ax3l Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

like super fast and shit.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2008 04:52 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UKR
Restricted

Account Restricted

Please give a serious answer. That wasn't even funny.

UKR is currently offline Click here to Send UKR a Private Message Find more posts by UKR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

Way faster than 17 mph... I am a mediocre high school track runner, and I'm a sprinter, and I found out from my 100 meter time that I can run at least 18 mph.

darthsith19 is currently offline Click here to Send darthsith19 a Private Message Find more posts by darthsith19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

ITT: We troll.

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Jun 8th, 2008 04:53 AM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ax3l
Dream Finder

I'm laughing my **** off, boy howdy.

One little spark...

Old Post Jun 8th, 2008 04:53 AM
Ax3l is currently offline Click here to Send Ax3l a Private Message Find more posts by Ax3l Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

Yeah I just did the math and can run 100 meters for an average of 18.00018 mph. I won't be to full speed for ~30 meters so for a top speed I would estimate 20 mph for me.

Now looking at the world record for the 200 meter dash: The man ran at an average speed of 23.29 mph. The 200 meter dash WR is less than twice the time for the 100 meter dash WR, so the 200 meter dash is the best one to use. Now, an olympic 200 meter dash runner can probably run the whole 200 pretty much flat out without getting tired but it still takes time to get to full speed (again ~30 meters). It says on the internet he ran at a top speed of 28 mph and he might be the fastest for top speed so 28-30 mph would be the fastest.

Last edited by darthsith19 on Jun 8th, 2008 at 05:08 AM

Old Post Jun 8th, 2008 05:05 AM
darthsith19 is currently offline Click here to Send darthsith19 a Private Message Find more posts by darthsith19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

quote: (post)
Originally posted by UKR
What is the fastest that any human being has ever been recorded as running? I once heard that some Olympic guy named Donovan Bailey could do 17 mph but I don't know if that's true or if that's the fastest that anyone has ever ran.
approximately; fast

Last edited by Strangelove on Jun 8th, 2008 at 05:15 AM

Old Post Jun 8th, 2008 05:08 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by UKR
Please give a serious answer. That wasn't even funny.
super uber fast.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2008 05:12 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote