KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » NEED OPINION: Ever had a root canal?

NEED OPINION: Ever had a root canal?
Started by: The j0keR

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
@stroFan
SMUDGE

NEED OPINION: Ever had a root canal?

Has anyone here ever had a root canal? I just want to know a little more about the experience before I setup to have the procedure done. My dad had one about 18 years ago and swore he would never do it again, but his tooth was already in pain and infected. My tooth doesnt hurt and just has a big cavity, so im wondering what its going to feel like. The dentist said I would get shots to numb and laughing gas if I wanted, saying I would feel nothing, but I dont trust him. lol

Plus I want to be sure before I fork out $800 for the damn procedure. Any info is appreciated.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2008 11:54 PM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dyno
Authority

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The j0keR
Has anyone here ever had a root canal? I just want to know a little more about the experience before I setup to have the procedure done. My dad had one about 18 years ago and swore he would never do it again, but his tooth was already in pain and infected. My tooth doesnt hurt and just has a big cavity, so im wondering what its going to feel like. The dentist said I would get shots to numb and laughing gas if I wanted, saying I would feel nothing, but I dont trust him. lol

Plus I want to be sure before I fork out $800 for the damn procedure. Any info is appreciated.

I got it done and it wasn't even sore

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2008 11:56 PM
Dyno is currently offline Click here to Send Dyno a Private Message Find more posts by Dyno Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

i've had 2 done....it's not bad at all with the right anaesthetic...it feels uncomfortable and the drilling vibrates through your whole head which feels weird...but it's not painful at all

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2008 11:57 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ax3l
Dream Finder

I got one. It was fun as ****.

Didn't hurt after, really.

One little spark...

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2008 11:58 PM
Ax3l is currently offline Click here to Send Ax3l a Private Message Find more posts by Ax3l Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Alright, yall are really helping. lol

I hate docs and needles and procedures.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2008 12:01 AM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Nope

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2008 12:01 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

From what I hear, you can feel the pressure but no pain. I am told its more the fact that you know whats going on.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2008 12:03 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dyno
Authority

Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
From what I hear, you can feel the pressure but no pain. I am told its more the fact that you know whats going on.

Yeah, you can feel the vibrations and shit, a little uncomfortable but no pain at all.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2008 12:03 AM
Dyno is currently offline Click here to Send Dyno a Private Message Find more posts by Dyno Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

I've never had one done, nor do I need one, but I'm going to go get one done anyway! I hear they're a blast!

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2008 12:14 AM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Does it have to be a root canal? I've had a problem with one of my tooths, and it was either a root canal or a crown. I chose the latter.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2008 12:18 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Grey Fox
Restricted

Account Restricted

i didn't have to pay for the procedure cause our healthcare and dental system is free. It's fine. The anesthetic numbs it all down, it might feel slightly uncomfortable at first, but it's okay after a while. Worth it, too.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2008 12:20 AM
The Grey Fox is currently offline Click here to Send The Grey Fox a Private Message Find more posts by The Grey Fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Originally posted by Scythe
Does it have to be a root canal? I've had a problem with one of my tooths, and it was either a root canal or a crown. I chose the latter.

They are gonna do a root canal and then put a crown on it. The other option is to pull the tooth, then they would need to pull the perfectly fine tooth below that. lol

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2008 12:21 AM
Scythe
The Goat

They are gonna do a root canal and then put a crown on it. The other option is to pull the tooth, then they would need to pull the perfectly fine tooth below that. lol

Oh, I see. Anesthetic would be helpful though, good luck man, I'll be hopin' you the best.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2008 12:29 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Im hoping it goes well, since it isnt infected or painful yet, it just got to where I could notice a giant crater. The xray lady and the pricing lady were both surprised when I said it didnt hurt. Im probably gonna call and set it up tomorrow, hopefully get in there before it does start to hurt.

The doc said he wants to pull my wisdom tooth right behind the bad tooth to keep it from interfering with the crown, but im not sure if im gonna do that.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2008 12:38 AM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Im hoping it goes well, since it isnt infected or painful yet, it just got to where I could notice a giant crater. The xray lady and the pricing lady were both surprised when I said it didnt hurt. Im probably gonna call and set it up tomorrow, hopefully get in there before it does start to hurt.

The doc said he wants to pull my wisdom tooth right behind the bad tooth to keep it from interfering with the crown, but im not sure if im gonna do that.

chances are if it's a giant crater and it doesn't hurt then the nerve endings are dead anyway so very little anaesthetic will be needed

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2008 01:14 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Wow, I dont know whether to call that good or bad. sad

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2008 01:22 AM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

well a big hole in the tooth needs to be treated with root canal anyway...better the nerves are already dead when they get drilled out because that's all root canal is...it removes the live tissue from inside the tooth...hollows it out and then fills it in with inert substance

believe me...if there is live nerve endings that aren't anaethetised properly...you'll know about it...quickly

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2008 01:34 AM
Röland
Masked Vigilante

My dad has had 2 or 3 root canals, he had no anesthetic for any of them.

Rorschach's Journal: October 12th, 1985. Tonight, a comedian died in New York.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2008 04:37 AM
Röland is currently offline Click here to Send Röland a Private Message Find more posts by Röland Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Röland
My dad has had 2 or 3 root canals, he had no anesthetic for any of them.
your dad is one tough ass hombre.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2008 07:29 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote