KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » Here's the deal.

Here's the deal.
Started by: BackFire

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Here's the deal.

I will reopen the 1 million post thread in a little while. If I see anymore people spamming and trolling though, it will get closed for good.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2009 11:38 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Can't say fairer then that.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2009 11:39 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
punkkaveman
Cause its gangsta?

fair to me

No I am not a punk. Just a Kaveman. Sig made by BakaXero!

Old Post Mar 31st, 2009 11:39 PM
punkkaveman is currently offline Click here to Send punkkaveman a Private Message Find more posts by punkkaveman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RogerRamjet
Playground Superstar

Re: Here's the deal.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BackFire
I will reopen the 1 million post thread in a little while. If I see anymore people spamming and trolling though, it will get closed for good.

define trolling and spamming! they/we do it in each and every thread and yet you don't close them down NOT even the obvious threads/post that are aimed at certain members here and where devil are you then?? you are nowhere to be found, NONE of you

Old Post Mar 31st, 2009 11:44 PM
RogerRamjet is currently offline Click here to Send RogerRamjet a Private Message Find more posts by RogerRamjet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StanTheMan
_________

I've seen so many threads, maybe all of them in the OTF that have constant trolling, that's what the OTF is, a trollfest most of the time, why suddenly get all aggravated about it now? and start striking childish deals?

Old Post Mar 31st, 2009 11:45 PM
StanTheMan is currently offline Click here to Send StanTheMan a Private Message Find more posts by StanTheMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

If a mod tells you to stop doing something, stop doing it. That's usually a pretty reasonable way to make sure trolling doesn't occur.

And just because we are unable to close every single questionable thread doesn't mean breaking the rules becomes acceptable. Were are finite and sometimes things pass through, unfortunately. The rules still apply and if we see them being broken they will be enforced.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2009 11:46 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mitchum
Restricted

Account Restricted

blah bah blah ba blah

Old Post Mar 31st, 2009 11:48 PM
mitchum is currently offline Click here to Send mitchum a Private Message Find more posts by mitchum Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Like I said (and I'm not sure if this applies for everyone) but I think most people generally just posted 4 **** and not actual words of the strong nature.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2009 11:48 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
Like I said (and I'm not sure if this applies for everyone) but I think most people generally just posted 4 **** and not actual words of the strong nature.

I highly, highly doubt that. There might be a few people who do it just for the purpose of making people guess at what they actually said, but the majority of posts like that are indeed people posting stuff that's censored.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Mar 31st, 2009 11:50 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Röland
Masked Vigilante

Backfire said he was going to reopen it so I think everyone just needs to calm down and take complaints to PM.

Rorschach's Journal: October 12th, 1985. Tonight, a comedian died in New York.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2009 11:50 PM
Röland is currently offline Click here to Send Röland a Private Message Find more posts by Röland Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

so now if i say "****ity **** **** ****ing **** shit **** damn ***** shitnick skank ho cheesedick," etc. I get banned even if they are censored?

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Mar 31st, 2009 11:51 PM
Moriarty is currently offline Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Originally posted by Peach
I highly, highly doubt that. There might be a few people who do it just for the purpose of making people guess at what they actually said, but the majority of posts like that are indeed people posting stuff that's censored.

Fair enough, that's just the point I wanted to ask about.

Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by Röland
Backfire said he was going to reopen it so I think everyone just needs to calm down and take complaints to PM.

Which is what should have been done in the first place.

Well, what should have been done is that people should have done as they were told and not gotten attitude, but yeah.

Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Originally posted by ~:Mr.Anderson:~
so now if i say "****ity **** **** ****ing **** shit **** damn ***** shitnick skank ho cheesedick," etc. I get banned even if they are censored?

If you do it for the sake of actively disobeying a mod, yes. Which is what was happening in that thread.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2009 11:52 PM
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

lol why did the mod take offense to such when her very username should be censored?

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Mar 31st, 2009 11:53 PM
Moriarty is currently offline Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Originally posted by Peach
blank you

TGFwashere

Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StanTheMan
_________

alot of the OTF is full of spamming, trolling and swearing, most people just accepted it as the norm here, things can slip through because you're finite and all that but this place was full of it and it seemed the rule had been lifted at least in this part of the site, since it had been going on for so long

StanTheMan is currently offline Click here to Send StanTheMan a Private Message Find more posts by StanTheMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Mairuzu
blank you

*looks at mairuzu*

*looks at peach*

*eyes peach*

*oggles peach*

I believe i will, thank you.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Mar 31st, 2009 11:54 PM
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by StanTheMan
alot of the OTF is full of spamming, trolling and swearing, most people just accepted it as the norm here, things can slip through because you're finite and all that but this place was full of it and it seemed the rule had been lifted at least in this part of the site, since it had been going on for so long

Wrong. All KMC rules still apply in the OTF. That means spam isn't allowed, trolling isn't allowed, flaming isn't allowed, ignoring a mod when they tell you to not do something isn't allowed. You still have to follow the rules, and you're still going to pay if you break them.

It's called the Off-Topic Forum because stuff that doesn't fit elsewhere is generally allowable here. That's it. It doesn't mean you can go off swearing at people or trolling others or anything.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2009 11:56 PM
REXXXX
Networking

I'm thinking that some of you are taking the wrong approach to this.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2009 11:56 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote