KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » Nurse Was Strangled To Death By A Mentally Ill Patient.

Nurse Was Strangled To Death By A Mentally Ill Patient.
Started by: StarCraft2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
StarCraft2
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nurse Was Strangled To Death By A Mentally Ill Patient.

http://www.kcra.com/news/25516905/detail.html (SOURCE)

quote:
NAPA, Calif. -- An autopsy has found that a psychiatric nurse who authorities said was killed by a mentally ill patient at Napa State Hospital was strangled to death.

The Napa County coroner said Tuesday that 54-year-old Donna Gross died of asphyxiation on Saturday in a hospital courtyard.

The Sheriff's Department said Gross was killed by 37-year-old Jess Willard Massey, who was arrested Sunday on suspicion of murder and robbery.

Sheriff's Capt. Tracey Stuart said investigators found Gross' jewelry and a pack of gum she had bought on her dinner break in Massey's room. Also missing was less than $2 in cash that Gross was carrying.

Massey was scheduled to make his first appearance in court Tuesday.

My 2 pennies: This is why I train with Jiu Jitsu + Wrestling, so that I can protect myself (and/or Others) from these patients. Knowing this, makes martial arts much more important because MA can save your life (to get out of a choke hold or defend yourself from harm such as this)

WINS:11 LOSSES:21 DRAWS:4
I Train in Following Disciplines Kickboxing Wrestling and Mix Martial Arts

Old Post Oct 27th, 2010 04:31 PM
StarCraft2 is currently offline Click here to Send StarCraft2 a Private Message Find more posts by StarCraft2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mikeydude
Cleveland is the Reason.

But buddy, at the same time you would want to not hurt the patient to such an extent where you get into trouble.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2010 04:34 PM
mikeydude is currently offline Click here to Send mikeydude a Private Message Find more posts by mikeydude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StarCraft2
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by mikeydude
But buddy, at the same time you would want to not hurt the patient to such an extent where you get into trouble.

Full nelson

Full Mount (without ground and pound)

Side Control (without transition to an armbar)

In guard (with attacker's arms on held close to your chest to neutralize any other attacks/chokes)

In other words grapple just to get out of the attackers choke hold or pin the attacker without striking, or reversing the choke hold without harming the patient.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2010 04:41 PM
StarCraft2 is currently offline Click here to Send StarCraft2 a Private Message Find more posts by StarCraft2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kaibs
Oh Miley.

Or you could also get stabbed to death, but yes. And don't call it MMA. I mean what you're doing as a sport is MMA, but BJJ is BJJ not MMA. It's stupid to disrespect the sport when it it's so much more than something to watch on TV. Especially when you're missing the whole point of martial arts to begin with.

Have you lost your mind? Tell me where you think we crossed the line. No more drugs for me, pussy and religion is all I need.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2010 04:50 PM
Kaibs is currently offline Click here to Send Kaibs a Private Message Find more posts by Kaibs Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Was just in the Napa are this last weekend for a birthday dinner.

Sad thing, the murderer will likely get off on some bullshit "instanity" plea and just go back to the retard ward.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Oct 27th, 2010 04:52 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wow. More BBJ talk. How Nice.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2010 04:57 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kaibs
Oh Miley.

Originally posted by Robtard
Was just in the Napa are this last weekend for a birthday dinner.

Sad thing, the murderer will likely get off on some bullshit "instanity" plea and just go back to the retard ward.

Back on topic. Yes, I agree with you on that one.

Have you lost your mind? Tell me where you think we crossed the line. No more drugs for me, pussy and religion is all I need.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2010 04:59 PM
Kaibs is currently offline Click here to Send Kaibs a Private Message Find more posts by Kaibs Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mikeydude
Cleveland is the Reason.

I know right.

Oi.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2010 04:59 PM
mikeydude is currently offline Click here to Send mikeydude a Private Message Find more posts by mikeydude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StarCraft2
Restricted

Account Restricted

http://fugitive.com/archives/30354 (other source)
It states here the lunatic attacker used bare hands/arms to kill that poor nurse.

I modify my BJJ + wrestling with biting, eye gouging, testicle crushing, back of the head striking, ear ripping, trachea squeezing, to survive.

Since all nurses carry a pen, medicine cart keys, and a stethoscope, these tools can be used as make shift weapons

Last edited by StarCraft2 on Oct 27th, 2010 at 05:05 PM

Old Post Oct 27th, 2010 05:01 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

I wonder when this whole "ZOMG I TAKE MMA I'M A BADASS" fad will die out? Starcraft is kind of an exception to the rule, I'm talking about others.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2010 05:01 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kaibs
Oh Miley.

Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
I wonder when this whole "ZOMG I TAKE MMA I'M A BADASS" fad will die out? Starcraft is kind of an exception to the rule, I'm talking about others.

Personally I think people have an absolute right to do what they want as most people on here who know me know. But I'm not exactly "fond" of people who think they're the worlds biggest badasses because they practice martial arts which they use in MMA. Knowing a deadly technique doesn't make you a badass. Try being in a warzone for 2 or 3 straight tours then talk to me about badassery. Or just try being in a dangerous situation in general. The sooner people realize that being a "badass" isn't exactly something to strive for the better.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2010 05:04 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Kaibs
Personally I think people have an absolute right to do what they want as most people on here who know me know. But I'm not exactly "fond" of people who think they're the worlds biggest badasses because they practice martial arts which they use in MMA. Knowing a deadly technique doesn't make you a badass. Try being in a warzone for 2 or 3 straight tours then talk to me about badassery. Or just try being in a dangerous situation in general. The sooner people realize that being a "badass" isn't exactly something to strive for the better.

Look, all I'm saying is that my bullshit radar is pretty refined. When someone makes a bullshit claim, 9 times out of 10 I'll sniff it out.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2010 05:12 PM
StarCraft2
Restricted

Account Restricted

Rogue Jedi... Can you defend yourself from an attack?
Pretend you are a nurse who work at a psych ward just like me or that woman who was killed. (armed with pen + medicine cart keys + stethoscope)

If you are in that situation. Can you defend yourself? or are you gonna be defenseless?

Old Post Oct 27th, 2010 05:13 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by StarCraft2
Rogue Jedi... Can you defend yourself from an attack?
Pretend you are a nurse who work at a psych ward just like me or that woman who was killed.

If you are in that situation. Can you defend yourself? or are you gonna be defenseless?

Yeah, I can defend myself in an attack. I am a big guy, 6'1 and 224 pounds. Plus I know how to box. Why do you ask? It really depends on who is attacking me and how they are attacking me.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2010 05:16 PM
Kaibs
Oh Miley.

Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Yeah, I can defend myself in an attack. I am a big guy, 6'1 and 224 pounds. Plus I know how to box. Why do you ask? It really depends on who is attacking me and how they are attacking me.

He's trying to make a justified point.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2010 05:21 PM
StarCraft2
Restricted

Account Restricted

Good... boxing is a very very good first line of defense against a lunatic patient.

FYI offtopic: I am far from bad ass, I get my ass kicked daily by fighters in all arts (striking and grappling) its demoralizing at times

My final 2 sent on the topic. All nurses should learn MA. It is a must! because nurses do get hurt, get attacked, and like this situation get killed by a patient via strangled to death.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2010 05:23 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Kaibs
He's trying to make a justified point.
Well maybe he should come flat out and say it. I don't beat around the bush, speak your mind to me.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2010 05:24 PM
AbnormalButSane
Screw up

Bummer

Old Post Oct 27th, 2010 05:24 PM
AbnormalButSane is currently offline Click here to Send AbnormalButSane a Private Message Find more posts by AbnormalButSane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kaibs
Oh Miley.

cent* and I agree that nurses or wards who work in that department of mental institutions should learn some form of self defense. But not exactly what you're recommending.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2010 05:25 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

[QUOTE=13048332]Originally posted by StarCraft2
Good... boxing is a very very good first line of defense against a lunatic patient.

FYI offtopic: I am far from bad ass, I get my ass kicked daily by fighters.

My final 2 sent on the topic. All nurses should learn MA. It is a must! because nurses do get hurt, get attacked, and like this situation get killed by a patient via strangled to death.
[/QUOTE}
Wrong. Two words: FOREIGN OBJECT.

Which is why I said "Starcraft is kind of an exception."

IMO all nurses should carry ASP's and pepper spray.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2010 05:26 PM