KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » Best singing voice of all time?

Best singing voice of all time?
Started by: Darth Creasy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Winter Soldier
Who cares...

Best singing voice of all time?

Looking for at least a top 5, male and female. Not judging who makes/made the best music. Simply, who has/had the best singing voice, regardless of genre.

My picks:

Female:
1. Whitney
2. Mariah
3. Toni B.
4. Celine Dion
5. Aretha Franklin

Male:
Can't decide between Marvin Gay and Sinatra...Help would be appreciated.

I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species that I realized you aren't actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with its surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply, and multiply until every natural resource is consumed. And the only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You are a plague, and we...are the cure.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2012 01:17 AM
Winter Soldier is currently offline Click here to Send Winter Soldier a Private Message Find more posts by Winter Soldier Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dave_97
Party Dave

Sinatra was a *****.

Lazers_go_pew_pew_pew

Old Post Mar 20th, 2012 01:27 AM
Dave_97 is currently offline Click here to Send Dave_97 a Private Message Find more posts by Dave_97 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Definitely not Sinatra but I do enjoy his voice.

Probably Pavarotti.

Many say that this particular performance Nessun Dorma, by Pavarotti, was the best ever (EVER!):

There is a higher audio quality version of that particular performance somewhere out there on the internet and that was the first one I saw. I was literally moved to tears when I saw that performance for the first time. So very good.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2012 01:52 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ThorinWoofer
Static Stance

Adele

Please Respond To My PM Barker

Old Post Mar 20th, 2012 02:29 AM
ThorinWoofer is currently offline Click here to Send ThorinWoofer a Private Message Find more posts by ThorinWoofer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Winter Soldier
Who cares...

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dadudemon
Definitely not Sinatra but I do enjoy his voice.

Probably Pavarotti.

Many say that this particular performance Nessun Dorma, by Pavarotti, was the best ever (EVER!):

There is a higher audio quality version of that particular performance somewhere out there on the internet and that was the first one I saw. I was literally moved to tears when I saw that performance for the first time. So very good.

Much appreciated...I've never been inclined to even attempt to enjoy opera. Still not certain I'll ever truly appreciate the genre but can't deny Pavarotti's talent.

I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species that I realized you aren't actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with its surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply, and multiply until every natural resource is consumed. And the only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You are a plague, and we...are the cure.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2012 04:30 AM
Winter Soldier is currently offline Click here to Send Winter Soldier a Private Message Find more posts by Winter Soldier Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ax3l
Dream Finder

Freddy Mercury

Thread closed.

One little spark...

Old Post Mar 20th, 2012 04:44 AM
Ax3l is currently offline Click here to Send Ax3l a Private Message Find more posts by Ax3l Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LincolnDark
Sei, sei, sei...

Originally posted by Darth Creasy
Looking for at least a top 5, male and female. Not judging who makes/made the best music. Simply, who has/had the best singing voice, regardless of genre.

My picks:

Female:
1. Whitney
2. Mariah
3. Toni B.
4. Celine Dion
5. Aretha Franklin

Male:
Can't decide between Marvin Gay and Sinatra...Help would be appreciated.

I think I like Dean Martin's voice just a little bit more

Originally posted by Thoren
Adele

Her voice is so effortlessly amazing

Sig by: amity75

Old Post Mar 20th, 2012 05:35 AM
LincolnDark is currently offline Click here to Send LincolnDark a Private Message Find more posts by LincolnDark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rudester
Tommy

josh groban for men....lol

Old Post Mar 20th, 2012 07:21 AM
rudester is currently offline Click here to Send rudester a Private Message Find more posts by rudester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

Lennon and Friedberger

Reporting thread for closure because I am right.

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Mar 20th, 2012 04:53 PM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_tears

Originally posted by Thoren
Adele

This.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2012 04:58 PM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kharhmah

Mercury. All teh way.

and now I die..

Old Post Mar 20th, 2012 05:04 PM
Kharhmah is currently offline Click here to Send Kharhmah a Private Message Find more posts by Kharhmah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean
Warum ist die Sonne rund?

Adele.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2012 03:33 AM
Kelly_Bean is currently offline Click here to Send Kelly_Bean a Private Message Find more posts by Kelly_Bean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
you get thorns
village idiot

Re: Best singing voice of all time?

Originally posted by Darth Creasy
Help would be appreciated.

clickie here

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2012 05:57 PM
you get thorns is currently offline Click here to Send you get thorns a Private Message Find more posts by you get thorns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote