KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » Marijuana should be legal, right?

Marijuana should be legal, right?
Started by: Tired Hiker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

Marijuana should be legal, right?

I mean, why not? Alcohol is legal and far worse for you. I'm not sure how it is in Europe, but here in California you have to have a recommendation from a doctor to legally smoke and grow marijuana. But all you have to be is 21 years of age to buy a bottle of tequila. Am I the only one baffled by this? huh

Old Post Jul 30th, 2003 09:42 PM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JToTheP
Waitin for Brawl

Marijuana is also 4 times worse then cigarrettes. (sp incase?) Everytime you smoke it your lungs take in 4 times as much s**t as cigarettes, if it becomes legal, that is messed up!

Old Post Jul 30th, 2003 09:44 PM
JToTheP is currently offline Click here to Send JToTheP a Private Message Find more posts by JToTheP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LindsIsSexyK
ALL GROWN UP NOW =)

Well I think it would be cool if it was legal because I love the feeling of being high, but legal or not, it is still too damn expensive and I wouldn't be able to afford it................

Old Post Jul 30th, 2003 09:51 PM
LindsIsSexyK is currently offline Click here to Send LindsIsSexyK a Private Message Find more posts by LindsIsSexyK Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

That's why you would grow it for free, duh.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2003 10:00 PM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LindsIsSexyK
ALL GROWN UP NOW =)

Oh yeah, I can totally see that going over with my family, yeah right, uh huh

(Although I'm sure if they legalized weed, they wouldn't make it legal to grow it without some sort of permit because then the government wouldn't be making any money)

Old Post Jul 30th, 2003 10:04 PM
LindsIsSexyK is currently offline Click here to Send LindsIsSexyK a Private Message Find more posts by LindsIsSexyK Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

quote:
Originally posted by J_To_The_P
Marijuana is also 4 times worse then cigarrettes. (sp incase?) Everytime you smoke it your lungs take in 4 times as much s**t as cigarettes, if it becomes legal, that is messed up!

Not true. You can take vapor rips which only burn the thc crystals and not the bad stuff. Plus, nicotene is far more contagious than dank.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2003 10:04 PM
JToTheP
Waitin for Brawl

quote:
Originally posted by Tired Hiker
Not true. You can take vapor rips which only burn the thc crystals and not the bad stuff. Plus, nicotene is far more contagious than dank.

Okay sorry drug MASTER. roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing out loud

Old Post Jul 30th, 2003 10:05 PM
JToTheP is currently offline Click here to Send JToTheP a Private Message Find more posts by JToTheP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LilMimister006

Just say NO to drugs!! lol

Old Post Jul 30th, 2003 10:05 PM
LilMimister006 is currently offline Click here to Send LilMimister006 a Private Message Find more posts by LilMimister006 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LindsIsSexyK
ALL GROWN UP NOW =)

lol, yeah I said that too Mimi until I actually tried them myself wink

Old Post Jul 30th, 2003 10:06 PM
JToTheP
Waitin for Brawl

eek! eek! Bad Lindsay! -spanks- wink stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 30th, 2003 10:06 PM
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

quote:
Originally posted by LindsIsTightK
Oh yeah, I can totally see that going over with my family, yeah right, uh huh

(Although I'm sure if they legalized weed, they wouldn't make it legal to grow it without some sort of permit because then the government wouldn't be making any money)

Okay, if you have the recommendation (i.e. the permit) then you CAN grow it LEGALLY TODAY, in California. smokin'

Old Post Jul 30th, 2003 10:07 PM
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

quote:
Originally posted by J_To_The_P
Okay sorry drug MASTER. roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing out loud

Anything can be a drug, J to the P. Even boobs. wink

Old Post Jul 30th, 2003 10:08 PM
bigbadbike2
Hitman

Marijuana makes people not care about anything. People possibly would never make anything of themselves the would just lay around and do nothing. I have met very few people who smoked marijuana and still held a job. They would always lose it. Then DUI's would increase and accidents would occur. The point being (although it is sad) that people are not responcible enough to deal with it.

Made By: Me

Dragging a knee at 140 on a bike, just takes all the rush out of driving a car at 120. - Sammy Sliger, 2001 (paraphrased)

Money is not everything. As if poverty is.

I've also learned that love cannot be on a one way street... if it does not go both ways it can be a lonely road. Personally I like to just watch the cars go by.... - Happy Kine, 2003

Dare to be different, just like everyone else.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2003 10:08 PM
bigbadbike2 is currently offline Click here to Send bigbadbike2 a Private Message Find more posts by bigbadbike2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

quote:
Originally posted by LilMimister006
Just say NO to drugs!! lol

I don't consider weed a drug. Though it can be like everything else.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2003 10:09 PM
LindsIsSexyK
ALL GROWN UP NOW =)

See TH, I think everyone has pretty much made the decision that it shouldn't be legal

Old Post Jul 30th, 2003 10:09 PM
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

quote:
Originally posted by bigbadbike2
Marijuana makes people not care about anything. People possibly would never make anything of themselves the would just lay around and do nothing. I have met very few people who smoked marijuana and still held a job. They would always lose it. Then DUI's would increase and accidents would occur. The point being (although it is sad) that people are not responcible enough to deal with it.

Or, BBB2, maybe those people don't care about anything in the first place and it has nothing to do with the fact that they smoke weed. I know plenty of people here in Calfornia who do care and smoke it. It's really a harmless misunderstood simple plant in my opinion. I have a great job and a BA and I used weed all the time, not as much anymore, but I don't want to keep pushing my views on this subject. A lot of young people may be reading this touchy subject matter.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2003 10:14 PM
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

quote:
Originally posted by LindsIsTightK
See TH, I think everyone has pretty much made the decision that it shouldn't be legal

Who's everybody? You, J to the P, and BBB2? Just wait until my man Happy Kine reads this stuff. I'm sure he'll have some enlightening topics for your cerebral cortex to ponder. wink

Old Post Jul 30th, 2003 10:17 PM
bigbadbike2
Hitman

quote:
Or, BBB2, maybe those people don't care about anything in the first place and it has nothing to do with the fact that they smoke weed. I know plenty of people here in Calfornia who do care and smoke it. It's really a harmless misunderstood simple plant in my opinion. I have a great job and a BA and I used weed all the time, not as much anymore, but I don't want to keep pushing my views on this subject. A lot of young people may be reading this touchy subject matter.

You do have a good point. Most people that I know that did it already didn't care.

My best friend growing up and his grandfather was murdered because of his drug use, and his problem began with marijuana. That is why the consequences out weigh the benefits in my life, and I will never do it. I still don't think it would be a good idea even if that had never happened. Think of all the people that get just plastered and drive what will happen when you add marijuana to that. Also if you do go to the Bar for a drink you will get high before you can leave because of the second hand smoke. I can't see the benefit.

Dragging a knee at 140 on a bike, just takes all the rush out of driving a car at 120. - Sammy Sliger, 2001 (paraphrased)

I've also learned that love cannot be on a one way street... if it does not go both ways it can be a lonely road. Personally I like to just watch the cars go by.... - Happy Kine, 2003

Old Post Jul 30th, 2003 10:34 PM
bigbadbike2 is currently offline Click here to Send bigbadbike2 a Private Message Find more posts by bigbadbike2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bigbadbike2
Hitman

quote:
Just wait until my man Happy Kine reads this stuff. I'm sure he'll have some enlightening topics for your cerebral cortex to ponder. wink

Indeed.

Happy Kine -----> smokin'

Old Post Jul 30th, 2003 10:35 PM
ObieTrice 26
no nacho for you!

uhhh,no im sory but legal marijuana is a stupid idea

"Sometimes you feel tired,feel weak,when you feel weak,you feel like you wanna just give up.But you gotta search it within you ,find that inner strength and just pull that s**t out of you and get that motivation to not give up and not be a quiter no matter how bad you wanna just fall flat on your face" -Eminem

"This rap game,this rap game,i aint selling my soul for this rap game,i aint digging no hole for this rap game and i'm telling you no,it aint happening"-50 Cent

"about to lose it all in a pool of alcohal,if my funeral's tomorrow,I wonder would they even call,When the music stops"-Kon Artis of D12

R.I.P Tupac

Old Post Jul 30th, 2003 10:36 PM
ObieTrice 26 is currently offline Click here to Send ObieTrice 26 a Private Message Find more posts by ObieTrice 26 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote